It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your concept of Heaven?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
No one knows why were here untill we die. Maybe that is what God wants. We just dont know and wont untill we die.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If God wants me to worship Him in heaven, then that is what Ill do.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Therefore why make us worship God?

Why would that help?

Why would God need that help?

God is almighty.

God is more than we will ever know.

So God needs nothing from us, therefore he souldn't want anything from us, right?

As for playing baseball with Abraham, well I don't know about that. I think that God and his angels are more than we will ever be. They are not bound by our reality. I think that because knowledge is endless, God and his duty is endless as well. So God and his angels are too busy creating life to live it. You See?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Abraham, the answer is in Revelations

We will worship in the new Jerusalem, if we go of course

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
For only a bunch of ignorant fools would proclaim to know the future actions of God. God is more than we will ever know. Remember that 67.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Travel far enough into the past and one will encounter the future, Heaven is the place in between.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Luke 17,verse 21 states by Jesus that neither shall they say lo here or lo there(LOOK HERE OR LOOK THERE), for behold the kingdom of heaven is in you................

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEFOOL1
Luke 17,verse 21 states by Jesus that neither shall they say lo here or lo there(LOOK HERE OR LOOK THERE), for behold the kingdom of heaven is in you................

Not to get off the topic but that is what i've been trying to tell a lot of these people. You really don't need (even though for some it can be helpful) a place of worships to praise the most high.

A very, very , very, very small part of him exist in each and everyone of us. Everything that is created is a reflection of GOD. The grandness of the mountians, the awe of a volcano, endlessness of outer space.

Follow the message of those before us and you will find the way. All of your relplies have been great thanx

[Edited on 19-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Without going out the door, knowing everything,
Without peaking out the windowshades, seeing the Way of Heaven.

The further you go, the less you know.

The sage understands without having to go through the whole process.
She is famous without showing herself.
Is perfected without striving.

Tao te ching

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i dont really have any concept of what heaven would look like. but they always say it is filled with gold, and i #ing hate that color. screw gold.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Firstly the concept of heaven is a concept of purity. Whatever they have there, that is similar to earth will be in its pureist form. So the plants, sky, earth etc, of heaven are infused with life and with purity, and posess a life force far greater than we have here on earth, we are but a shadow of the life that is in heaven.

Heaven is a pyramidal structure, (as an anology - nothing to do with pyramids on earth) At the bottom are those who profess to be christians but never do anything about it they just scrape in over the bar so to speak. there are many people in this realm.

As you progress up the pryamid the number of people decrease and the purity of the place increases, the purist are those who died for their belief and lived for Jesus.

heaven is a place of purpose of hope and a place where all people there are developing and growing in knowledge and wisdom. Its a place of joy, happiness and unity among people.

Think of the best family experience you ever had, the most beautiful scene you ever saw, and the most eqquisite smell or taste you ever experienced and multiply it immensly and you get the idea of life in heaven.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
my idea of heaven, is being alone, and away from human idiocy. i would much rather have a small valley, with a river, arable land, a wife, some kids, and no one else to bug us.

don't waste your time living a life so you can get to an imaginable place. we dun even know if it's real. heaven isn't a place, or a reward. it's a state of mind. what state of mind? i'm not an angel so i wouldn't know...

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
...well...whatever or wherever it is...there better bloody be some decent Rugby games to watch there...

...oh, and fast cars to drive...

...and SpongeBob Square Pants cartoons...

[Edited on 19-4-2003 by alien]

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i agree with you illmatic. very good point. i will worship until the day i die

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
All of the really fun things to do are considered sins...so Heaven has got to be the most BORING place on Earth!

Though I don't ascribe to a "God"...I do belive in an afterlife, which is an "in-between" place between lives. This place (my equivalent of a belief in Heaven) is (in my beliefs) a little pocket universe where my thoughts become "reality". There are actually a couple movies that even illustrate this idea rather well....the best one being "What Dreams May Come"....

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't want to assume anything as of now. I hope it's somthing good, but if it's not, there's not a whole lot I can do about it is there?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
you probably think of fun as drinking partying. stuff like that well i am a christian and i tell you tha ti have so much fun adn still follow gods rules. and heaven is going tobe so maginificent and i tell yo uif you think heaven is boring. and you dont watn to go there then the only other place to go to is hell and that is a burning lake of fire. you want to be burned forever i think not

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I never could get that threat...after all, you're already DEAD!

No, as I mentioned, I don't drink much or do drugs, so that's not my idea of fun. It was really meant to be more tongue in cheek, but if you asked most guys, I think their idea of heaven just might be an orgy with a few beautiful women...SIN, or maybe someone's idea of fun is something else considered a "sin". I abhor harp music, and dread getting feathers in my food, so nope, not for me....

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
But then again, maybe you're strange Gazrok.

I don't find the interpritation that most religious people say, very appealing.

/sappyness on

I think my heaven would have to be here on ATS.

/sappyness off

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join