It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds report shaking and booms, North Carolina

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well I thought I felt a mild quake around 12PM or 1AM this morning I was laying in bed awake and my head swayed from side to side it felt very strange it was the same sloppy sway I felt with the last quake we had up the east coast this past summer. I live in the North East Pa area. Makes you wanna go Hmmmm....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hey all,

I called my Brother in Winston-Salem, NC which is in the "Piedmont" (as another poster mentioned) and he said that he neither heard nor felt anything.

I am in Abu Dhabi and I didn't feel anything as well. I know it is a bit far from NC.
But I am really getting upset. We here don't ever experience all the great things people here on ATS experience.

No Explosions or loud noises(yet)
No Rumbling
No Strange Noises
No "chemtrails", nada!
(Note: Due to atmospheric conditions here, we don't even get many Contrails)

NOTHING!!!
Why are we always left out???

Anyway, still waiting!!!

73's,
Tom

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sorry, it was the Obama's farting..

Guess they got a new 'gas bomb' going on in testing! :>(

But, My Brother Fred said he did feel something, he thought it was his (joke commin' up) neighbors 'doing' it again.

But, I am asking if it's HAARP.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It could be the result of distant thunder storms ? Seismographic equipment might not detect it ? Perhaps the interaction of various radio frequencies generating ultra longwave length harmonic resonances might be to blame ?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have lived here in SE NC (Brunswick County) for 43 years and have heard these "booms" all my life. I really don't think it's sonic booms, and I don't think it's explosive detonations....IMO these "booms" typically happen in the spring and fall (when seasons are changing)...however they have been know to happen any time of year. The "booms" seem to come off the ocean ( I live less than a mile from it)....I can't say that i've ever really felt the ground shake when one of them happens but they've definately rattled my windows for sure. One reason I've ruled out sonic booms is that on several occasions while fishing about 20 miles offshore I have witnessed military aircraft "dogfighting" and doing manuevers. Only a couple of times I saw and heard them break the sound barrier...very loud AND very similar however it IS different.....IDK???? No one here has a straight answer and nobody really makes a deal about it....it always makes for a "hey did ya hear that" conversation...but for the ones that have lived here forever it's just part of life.....I would love to know what it really is though!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As the weather changes from high pressure to low pressure, the atmosphere may conduct sound better, hence that may account for the possibility of distant thunder being heard and thought to be these mysterious noises. As for feeling under foot, I think imagination plays a part here as a noise is heard.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

While I appreciate your input, I find it rather hard to believe that one's imagination can make heavy objects rattle and move, and knock things over.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by matty1053

Could it be???

Mod edit

LOL!!!

thank you for making my work day a bit better.

no strange sounds or vibrations out here in TX. sorry OP
edit on 3/1/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I haven't posted on ATS in a long time, but I do come to check things out from time to time... This time, Google brought me here, as I was searching for answers for something I experienced this past Saturday, February 25th.

My wife and I own a camper that is parked in a campground in the town of Holly Ridge, NC. It is just outside Surf City/Topsail Island, and is about 17-20 miles either way to Jacksonville or Wilmington.

About 5:00 PM (a very rough estimate, as I don't recall exactly) we started hearing these "boom" sounds. It almost sounded like the initial starting/revving of a motorcycle. We didn't pay much attention at first, as there are a couple of motorcycles in the campground, and it is nothing to hear a sound like that from time to time.

Later on in the evening, probably around 7:00 or so, we started watching a movie. With general noises outside calming down, and the hush/hush-ness of watching a movie allowed these "booms" to be more noticeable. Some even rattled the camper a bit.

I got up a couple times to look out the sliding door/windows to see if I could see anything, but never could. We finished the movie, noticing the sound every 10 minutes or so.

After the movie, all my alarm bells were going off. I went outside onto our deck and just sat there, listening. The intervals seemed to grow longer in between, but there were still very distinguishable "booms" in the distance. I could feel the vibrations every time. The last one I noticed was around 10:20 at night.

I even asked the question on my Facebook, if anyone knew what might be happening, and the typical answers were a revolutionary war re-enactment (even though I rule this out due to the lateness of the last sound), the seneca guns, Camp Lejune, or some other theory.

I'm more curious now that reports about it happening again yesterday are coming out. I'd like to know what was going on Saturday.

If I had to explain the sound, it did have a resemblance to cannon fire, or some other type of explosion. The vibrations made me realize that whatever it was was packing a punch. It seemed to be coming from the North-West, and seemed to be several miles away...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Could be booms related to rock shifting, pulling apart and or snapping back together. Possibly related to the other
strange noises heard in diff areas, that the debunkers say are nothing to worry about. Sure, everything's fine. I am glad some members are wondering whats going on.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Azazelus

Maybe it was the ghosts of Fort Macon re-living the battles of the olden days. I also checked, there were no re-enactments going on that day at the Fort at least.

ncparks.gov...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A supersonic flight creates the boom-boom effect along the entire course of the flight, not just a one-time boom-boom when it first breaks the barrier.
Observers/listeners hear or feel the boom-boom when the wake hits their position.

The wake spread that hits the ground is roughly 1 mile per 1000 feet of altitude; so a flight at 30,000 feet would have a wake hitting the ground aprox 30 miles wide.

Depending on the air temperature and altitude, the boom would reach the ground in 2 to 60 seconds.

The sound it makes is directly related to the amount of air being pushed or basically the footprint of the aircraft and the distance of the observer to the aircraft shape. Observers directly below the aircraft experience the most profound noise/shock.

Oh, and the sound is usually a double boom, but can vary down to a crack.
(when you crack a bull-whip, the tip of the whip is breaking the sound barrier)

I found the following quite interesting and perhaps revealing as to the cause?

Oklahoma City sonic boom tests - 1964
edit on 29-2-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Since 1850. Since 1850.ATS since? Kids with no historical knowledge, the know nothing generation..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I just spoke with two of my friends staioned at Lejune, they both said there was nothing going on there that could have caused it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Found an old thread where an ATSer was talking about "HAARP Rings" and the Joplin Tornado.

Here it is.

Actually, I didn't find it, but by coincidence, someone posted in it, and it jumped to the top of my subscribed threads.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hi, here in Michigan I'd say around 6pm my mom and I heard thunder but it sounded more intense and louder than usual. I laid down for a nap. And when I woke up at 8pm my 7 year old came up to me excited and told me
he heard a sonic boom.

I asked my mom if she heard the sonic boom and she said yes but she can't say that it was a sonic boom, but that it wasnt your typical thunder sound.

I wish I would've stayed awake because I grew hearing sonic booms every Saturday morning when I lived off of 8 mile. I would've known immediately if it were true sonic boom....
edit on 29-2-2012 by Teeky because: more

edit on 29-2-2012 by Teeky because: words

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
First time posting here, We live in New Boston Michigan and I have lived here my whole life. Feb 28 2012 it was about 4:45 pm and I just laid down to take a nap when I closed my eyes my entire house was shacking followed by the loudest boom I have ever heard in my life. After looking around outside it was about 5 mins later I called the New Boston Police department as I was on the phone with them and standing on my porch with the wife and kids a second loud expolsion the Local Fire department which is about 1 mile from me also felt it and heard it.. All of our neighbors were also outside looking up and all around to see what the hell this could be. We are out in the country most homes are on 3 or more acres yet every neighbor on my street felt this and heard it.. The horses across the street were so scared I seen the two owners trying to calm them down.. I don't know whats going on but I have never heard these loud booms in my 42 yr life. We are very close to the airport but again I have never heard these explosions in my life nor have I ever felt my house shake. My sister lives about 3 miles from me and she said she too also heard these.

We bought that documentry called "Thrive" and it mentioned the goverment putting chemicals in the air to kill and control the population. It went on to say that they were putting stuff in corn as well. I dont know if I believe that or not. However I do believe what I heard on Feb 28 2012 and I am baffled by it. I also find it strange that people in North Carolina are describing the same damn thing!
edit on 1-3-2012 by bcruze because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by bcruze because: damn typos lol

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
My honest opinion would be that the earth is letting off some of its gases near by. It does that in short burst depending on how deep the gas is + the weight of the land on top of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Anyone else notice that on RSOE there is an earthquake listed for Feb. 29 but on USGS there is Nothing....... well it Used to be on RSOE, now it is gone???
It was there, but I just checked to copy link and it is now removed? any thoughts.

all week I have had this odd feeling ,,, can't explain,,, but repacked my bug out bags in my car..... heavy feeling of impending something ,,, stayed out of work sick. I live in NC,, but didn't physically feel anything

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join