It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds report shaking and booms, North Carolina

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by journey2010

I felt them too! south eastern NC, about 5 miles from the ocean about 10am.

i've felt the seneca guns before, having lived here for many years. usually the booms are more of a sound than the violent shaking that we had yesterday. the water in my pool moved. TV's shook violently. the mirror on my dresser almost broke. things fell off the window sill, my daughter's toys fell in the bathtub. it was creepy. way stronger than the earthquake here last summer, stronger than any "booms" before. i literally thought someone drove into the front of my house.... and the front of my house is NOT facing the beach. usually with the Seneca booms the sound comes from the back of the house, which is beach facing, 5 miles inland.

the local news did a story and there are tons of accounts on the local new's facebook. it seems to have been from New bern NC all the way down below shallotte.

www.facebook.com...

www.wect.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

sorry, double post.
edit on 29-2-2012 by jassie51289 because: double post

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They're sending the SR-75 to Iran.

Back in the 90's I experienced the sonic booms over southern california---felt like an earthquake. Seismologists said "no it wasn't an earthquake, but it looked like a sonic boom from something moving north at Mach 5, as it coupled with the large buildings in Downtown LA."
edit on 29-2-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Pretty sure this poster is spot on about the Mach 5 sonic booms...Although I'd be a little more careful with a model number or type of craft involved.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Seen a couple stories on it....they are saying it was blasting.

Boom Sound Reports 2/28

Some of the reports state that calls from both NC and GA were coming in because of it.....must have been a HUGE detonation if this is the actual cause.
edit on 2/28/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

I work less than 10 miles from this site and I did NOT hear it or feel it. I can't imagine, then, that it would be large enough to be felt in NC.

No, this can't be the cause, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I recall hearing or feeling yesterday. Though it was faint, and I chalked it up to some one shooting a big bore rifle or gun in the distance. I live in south central NC.

link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Seen a couple stories on it....they are saying it was blasting.

Boom Sound Reports 2/28

Some of the reports state that calls from both NC and GA were coming in because of it.....must have been a HUGE detonation if this is the actual cause.
edit on 2/28/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

I work less than 10 miles from this site and I did NOT hear it or feel it. I can't imagine, then, that it would be large enough to be felt in NC.

No, this can't be the cause, in my opinion.

Maybe the wind had som,e effect?
Or the thing felt in NC was something else, maybe something bigger.
So what's up, what's going on any new update?!
Is it the humping Robot banging a new blackops über-jet?!

link   
Dubble post!

edit on 29-2-2012 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've spent lots of time in the Brunswick county area and have felt/heard the booms many times.

I wasn't there for this one but, I know there's lots of military in that area and, lots of military excercises using real explosives.

What with the nuke situation in Iran and all, Iran supposedly building a mega bunker for its program, wouldn't it be plausible that they're testing a bunker-busting design?. Of course if they were, it would be top secret.

It could be that the structure of the earth in the NC coastal area is similar to that in Iran which would make it the ideal place to perform such tests.

Just looking for explanations here.
edit on 29-2-2012 by 3dman7 because: added clarification

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

they are doing a lot of talk about the nuclear plant in brunswick county lately, "testing" to make sure they are safe if we got hit or had a quake, hurricane and so on. maybe its a cover up? who knows?

between the coast guard, marines, army and national guard around here, there's no telling if it was military or not. although some of the "booms" i have felt are more a loud noise that causes vibrations, yesterday was a definite shaking. moved the pool water like a glass of water being slid on a counter top. and my TV and mirror, lamp were all doing a definite swaying motion. not like the normal all over vibrations that the "booms" normally cause.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I live in the Piedmont of NC, I heard these sounds last night around 10PM as well. I have heard them before so I didnt think to much about it, until I saw this thread. I figured that I would let you all know.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
BTW I heard these sounds and I live around 300 mls from the coast. Just another piece of info for you guys. I'll check back in in a bit.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

This also happens in Maine. I lived there many years, always a stone's throw from the water and often experienced this. Usually we would just hear a loud noise like an explosion, but not like a sonic boom caused by an aircraft. These sounds were much deeper. (The sonic booms I use to hear were much sharper in nature.) Often a shockwave of sorts would almost immediately rattle something. These incidents were always just poo-pooed by the media and those who should know about these things.

I guess the idea is that this a phenomenon that has been observed for hundreds of years and as yet no harm has come from it. OK, I can grasp that. But isn't anyone curious, or is it just that those who should be investigating already know the answer and feel that we, (citizens) either don't deserve or can't handle the truth regarding the events?

Curiouser and curiouser.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The F-22 pilots will come on your locat TV station and say they are sorry. I guess supersonic speed training helps to defend America. How much, I don't know. You guys are cool with the war until your tv starts shaking. These pilots came on my TV and I forgive them.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by journey2010
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

The Seneca Gun "booms" are common... But they are typically just heard/felt along the coast. Even at my house, 1 mile inland, I've never heard them. The booms are also usually just in one particular area. Today's events have reports coming in from the Outer Banks down to the NC/SC line...

This isn't the same thing.

Have no fear my child. Cthulhu, Dagon, and their minions are just stirring in the deep. The time is at hand. Praise the Elder Ones.

On a more serious note, I live near the ocean, but on the west coast, and have been experiencing strange "seismic" type anomalous activity for some time now. There are clearly many theories abound, most likely if its been an ongoing problem for that region since the mid 1800's it most likely has to do with some natural phenomenon.

Or, perhaps the Mayans were right.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Back in the 90's I experienced the sonic booms over southern california---felt like an earthquake. Seismologists said "no it wasn't an earthquake, but it looked like a sonic boom from something moving north at Mach 5, as it coupled with the large buildings in Downtown LA."

On the contrary, the SR-75 was no where close to being fully developed back in good ol' 1850.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by journey2010
Around 10am EST this morning, I was sitting in my living room when the doors in my house began to shake as if someone was trying to rattle them open, and I felt the shaking through the floor.

I'm near Raleigh and i didn't feel anything.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Looked it up; www.fighter-planes.com...
It was rumored to have landed near my home. THE PENETRATOR? The SR-74 must have been called The Fondler.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

When the earthquake was felt two years ago,on the east coast, I forget the source but it started with a tremendous boom, I thought a transformer blew.

Plate techtonics has only been accepted and studied by the scientific community since the 1950s. It is still a new science. There is still plenty we don't understand.
edit on 29-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The way DHS jumps out of the woods at an abandoned box, bottle or suspicious text message you would think that loud explosions would garner some attention if the source wasn't well known to our government.

jmo

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join