It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds report shaking and booms, North Carolina

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wish I had looked at the clock to know the exact time but I do know that it was right around that time.

If we had more people reporting this we could establish if it was a new aircraft, meteor or just a atmospheric event. I think since most people were at work a lot of people did not hear it.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Patriotsrevenge because: added more

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Suprised no one posted this:

There are accounts of "artillery"-like sounds that were said to have occurred before or during the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811-1812.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by journey2010

I heard it all the way down in Central Florida, It sounded like one boom and then two louder ones right behind it. That's crazy that you felt it. I was in the house and heard it. I would think that it was a sonic boom or at least airborne because where I am at I would not think you could feel an earthquake like that.

Say wha.......? At the same time? Where in Florida?

We (Florida) had an earthquake last year. And if memory serves me correctly it was a 3 point something or other. Not common but it happened. Or so 'they' said it was an earthquake. Could be fracking. Could be whatever they're doing out in the Atlantic ocean at AUTEC too.
Who knows anymore.
Everything in the world has alternative explanations now. Seems everything is upside down and inside out.

New Madrid getting ready to rip?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

There are accounts of "artillery"-like sounds that were said to have occurred before or during the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811-1812.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Maybe because ambiguous and cutesy kinda explanations don't go over too big anymore.
For instance: some type of cultural noise..........a large vehicle going by.....

Seriously?
That might've satisfied the soldiers and calmed the cowboys back then....but in the year 2012, it doesn't fly.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

North Florida has one every couple years but I am close to Tampa and its all sand over water so we don't have quakes or feel them. The Space Shuttle has flown over here many times and it wasn't as loud as that but close and the two booms being spaced out from the first leads me to believe it was a new Air Force toy.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Sly1one

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Maybe because ambiguous and cutesy kinda explanations don't go over too big anymore.
For instance: some type of cultural noise..........a large vehicle going by.....

Seriously?
That might've satisfied the soldiers and calmed the cowboys back then....but in the year 2012, it doesn't fly.

lol what the hell are you so defensive about?...

there is no ambiguous or cutesy explination for the noises...they just invented a name for it because its so common...the specific part I quoted says there are "accounts" of these booming or "artillery" like sounds before the madrid popped off in 1812...

They aren't saying it WAS ARTILLERY....they are saying it sounded like artillery so people could get an idea of what is being heard...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I wasn't defensive. Sorry I came off like that. But Seneca Guns was mentioned (or maybe that was in my thread?). I just think it's a silly name for something unexplained. Sounds like a caveman trying to describe thunder.

Again, I can't help but consider, the booms in Hawaii (making hundreds call 911) and this boom might be related.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The Appalachian mountains are sitting on a faultline, thats how the mountains were formed. It's gotta be earthquakes, i don't believe in phantoms firing off their guns in some long lost battle ages ago. Blaming it on the Seneca Guns is their way of saying they don't know whats causing it, but i put my money on activity in the appalachian fault zone. There's been massive earthquakes world wide since last fall on an increasing scale, almost like stuff is picking up.

People might not want to believe this but it's entirely possible the rapid increase in earthquakes could be due to the Polar Shift that is said could happen this year. Earths crust is sitting on the mantle and the mantle is made up of molten rock so basically earths crust is floating on a giant ocean of superheated magma.

The planets are aligning with the center of the sun and the center of the galaxy. This polar shift could be what causes the wide range of natural disasters that're supposed to occur in the Book of Revelation woldwide on a massive scale like humanity has never seen before.
edit on 28-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ahh probably just another classified space shuttle exploding on re-entry over the ocean.
Nothing to see here move along

edit on 28-2-2012 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Could it have been Sonic Booms? We've had fighter jets taking off from the Tallahassee Airport at top speed for several days in a row. There is no base here, but there is a large AFROTC program, and there are many Navy and Airforce pilots around, so it isn't uncommon. Nobody here would bat an eye at the increased activity, but perhaps these weren't trainings, but were instead interceptions?

Never heard of a sonic boom rattling before it booms though. The boom is usually a huge surprise out of nowhere and all the rattling comes after the fact.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Drop a few explosives in the right places along a fault line...

How are the FEMA exercises there doing lately, I wonder.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Seriously, do something like this and film it, or if you can't film, just see what happens to it:

Actually, this one's better:

edit on 2/28/2012 by Thought Provoker because: Actually...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't know guys, I felt something around 5:30 in the South Carolina lowlands. Enough for me to pull up the quake watch app on my phone and check. It was loud and the ground definitely shook. Never heard anything like it before.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I don't know guys, I felt something around 5:30 in the South Carolina lowlands. Enough for me to pull up the quake watch app on my phone and check. It was loud and the ground definitely shook. Never heard anything like it before.

Really? Interesting! Where were you in SC relations to the rumblings in NC?

Wow. What the hell?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
For what it's worth, here is the Seismograph reading from Cathedral Cave Missouri for today. Actually, I'm a little surprised by how quiet it is. Normally, I'd see squiggles off this reading and all the others, for that matter, from other quakes around the world. It's amazing how sensitive they are to pick up almost everything. Anyway... I'd sure expect to see something here if that shaking was based in the ground/Earth.

Pardon the scroll bar for size. I figured this one was better at a bit over-size to see detail vs. too small.

It's just an observation and idea here...but other reports of sky sounds have come with vibration in the ground and structures people are in at the time. That aspect isn't real common for the reports, and I actually give it a bit more credibility for precisely that reason, but it's been reported enough to definitely take seriously.

With how the events which actually get recorded tend to vary so much, it wouldn't surprise me if you got part of what people report, but not the roaring or other parts. Perhaps it's the same thing..but a different effect of it?

Or..Perhaps some morons were hot dogging their military jets and thought it would be cute to go super-sonic up the coast line.
Doom on them if that is what caused it.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If it wasn't a quake or guns, the only other thing which makes sense is a meteor impact out at sea.

Probably not big enough to cause any kind of Tsunami but certainly large enough to cause an airborne pressure wave upon impact.

I could be wrong as I have no intimate knowledge on the subject of meteor impacts, but logically it would make sense to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have read many eye witness accounts of the New Madrid quake(s) that happened in the 1800's. Almost all of them tell how they heard a "rolling thunder", then "shaking", then "booms" and more "rolling thunder". I think the noises heard around the world is actually the earth. Back in 2003 I was at Pope Air Force Base which is joined to Fort Bragg. I remember the Army firing tanks and large artillery. It would shake the ground a bit, but I can tell you that there is not a gun on earth that can shake the ground for 25 miles; period!

Also, I pay attention to the world earthquakes all day long on my homepage. There have been a lot of quakes on the Japan side of the earth with little to none on the West Coast of the U.S. It is highly possible that this was a light quake in NC.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I've spoken with many people along the Virginia and N Carolina coast and none have heard anything unussual, however, there is a large scale military exercise going on right now called Operation Bold Alligator.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Only thing is, Bold Alligator 12 ended last week.
www.jdnews.com...
I'm in that area and I wasn't even aware they had an exercise, so thanks for the article. When they are doing live bombing at Cape LeJeune it shakes our office. I didn't notice anything this morning, no booms, no shakes. I'm home now, a bit further from the base, and I think they are doing some night bombing-I can hear some faint rumblings off in the distance. Nothing unusual for this area.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Yeah the artillery on lejeune is loud but not loud enough to be heard very far, but with all the activity who knows, maybe the Marines got some cool new toys since I got out. I just hope it is not a precurser to a New Madrid quake. The seismograms from the one last week seemed to be indicitive of a larger quake to come but we shall see. It is interesting to read the eyewitness accounts from the quakes a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Say wha.......? At the same time? Where in Florida?

We (Florida) had an earthquake last year. And if memory serves me correctly it was a 3 point something or other. Not common but it happened. Or so 'they' said it was an earthquake. Could be fracking. Could be whatever they're doing out in the Atlantic ocean at AUTEC too.
Who knows anymore.
Everything in the world has alternative explanations now. Seems everything is upside down and inside out.

New Madrid getting ready to rip?

We had that 4.0 last week along the new Madrid and then today I notice a 2.2'er 13 or so miles from St Louis which is on the new Madrid and where I live. The air just feels strange lately.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join