It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will bad things come true if you accidentally say/think something bad not meaning it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

edit on 10-3-2012 by matthewgraybeal because: Irrelevent data dump.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Wait...uhm could you be more specific????? What gift??Accidentally unleashing your powers???Something along the lines of thought as a creative power???

edit on 10-3-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
did i influence it/ can we /can you?
thats a good question

the web bots work because of the fact that everyone is a bit psychic
the coins work and tarot work because somehow we CAN precieve stuff beyond the physical
and influence is a two way street thats how we influence the probabilities
and the probabilities influence us

like in a pool you can make a wave that moves things
and that wave can move you too

one time at camp we went to a movie and left a kid back in the cabin sleeping
on the return walk some distance from the cabin we decided to see if we could wake the sleeping kid up from
about a hundred yards away

so we all started chanting "wake up john...wake up john"
nothing happened

then I had the idea to start pumping my arm to guide everyone to chant at the same time in rythem like a conductor

after 15 seconds the sleeping kid woke up and came running out of the cabin screaming WHAT! WHAT!

It freaked us out so bad we NEVER spoke of it or mentioned the event ever again

when I have hi blood pressure it makes me feel angry and my thoughts are of things that make me angry
when my pressure is normal I do not think like that
it seems that more things around me go the wrong way when I am in that mode.

Id say just exploring your thoughts and trying to learn what your mind is telling you is a good start
learning a way to stay calm is also a good idea for all kinds of good reasons
I hope this helps you
lol writing helps me

PS
maybe you could be the next STEVEN KING

edit on 10-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Go see a doctor. This sound almost exactly like OCD.

Honestly. It doesn't matter whether you obsess about thinking positiive thoughts or obsess about thinking negative thoughts, it's still an unhealthy obsession. Thoughts come and go. Good and bad. But when you find yourself caught up in a certain stream of thoughts, that's when it's time to seek professional help.

www.webmd.com ...

...People with OCD are plagued by recurring and distressing thoughts, fears, or images (obsessions) they cannot control. The anxiety (nervousness) produced by these thoughts leads to an urgent need to perform certain rituals or routines (compulsions). The compulsive rituals are performed in an attempt to prevent the obsessive thoughts or make them go away.

One great example are fears of bacteria. Many people with OCD wash their hands after every action. They literally can't even go to a public place because they'd spend half the time washing their hands. So they end up not being functional. This is the primary danger of OCD - it prevents effective functioning.

Your fear is "bad thoughts". So your compulsion to erase them or feel guilty is like washing your hands. You literally cannot deal with anybody without spending half your time feeling guilty. See the similarity?

While medications do not directly medicate OCD itself, they do reduce the effects of OCD which are anxiety and depression (anything else?). So this means your guilt and worries won't be as severe.

This is a useful place to start:
www.wisegeek.com ...
edit on 10-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You speak of the Law of Attraction, I'm giving you my personal review of that talent, which we all have to some extent or another.

OCD, in regards to obsessive thinking on a particular outcome you would like to see, while using the Law of Attraction.

Superstition, is totally valid when the mind is invloved. But you can double fake your superstition by knowing that a superstitious belief gives certain things more power than they should have. Hence they are not as powerful, if you realize a superstition is not as important as the belief in it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
Superstition, is totally valid when the mind is invloved. But you can double fake your superstition by knowing that a superstitious belief gives certain things more power than they should have. Hence they are not as powerful, if you realize a superstition is not as important as the belief in it.

This is a very good point.

Cultural superstitions are very powerful on the mind. You really have to "adjust" for them - - preferably "de-power" them.

I always say: "Culture is the hardest thing in the world to change" - - and I really believe that. Definitely not easy to dismiss.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You're ok! I had this problem too and yeah it was a nightmare.

Right, some of this will sound strange, but I had the same problems and these things helped. If any of these are too strange skip them, but please check each one incase one of them can be of use. And sorry that it's a bit long, I just had the problem for quite a while so am going through what helped me.

1) If you think you're cursing something by having certain thoughts, just say mentally "uncurse." And believe you have a connection to the all that will assist you. I know that sounds weird, but you have to trust that there's a power in the universe that can help you with this, somewhere, anywhere, and instantly you won't feel alone with it. And yeah I know it seems strange but If you imagine something evil is attacking you, imagine the opposite protecting you and believe there's other beings in the universe that will help you.

2) check everything you do, your eating and drinking habits, your living habits, if you're smoking try cutting down smoking and/or quitting smoking. If you're filling yourself with sugar you're going to be restless and full of energy, and that definitely won't help, you have to find a calm state of mind. If you're addicted to sugar or smoking/any other drug such as nicotene, it might be unconsciously feeling enslaved that's giving you this problem, so you have to fight it which will bring you confidence and allow your mind to finally have some peace from it.

3) One thing that helped as much as anything else was meditating. Nothing to do with any god or goddess, just meditating, which helped me learn to calm my mind down and also see the illusion of what was happening in my mind. Basically a lot of this stuff crops up when there's an underlying fear of the problem and/or anxiety of it, you have to be able to calm yourself down and know that you can overcome it. Also if you're interested in psychology try reading some carl jung (he deals with the interaction of conscious/unconscious a lot.) or whoever else you like/whatever type of pschology interests you, if you're into philosophy try learning more of that, etc. Learning more about who and what you are might help you understand your mind better and become aware of parts of your mind that can help.

4) One main thing to remember could be that you believe 100% that during the course of trying to help yourself you asked the all for help and believe 100% that there's some powers out there that can help you. Why is this possibly so important? For this simple reason = knowing that you asked the all for help cancels out it being all your fault. One of the biggest problems is thinking you're going to be the cause of something bad, so if you fully believe that there's beings in this universe, a god, goddess, whatever, and that you've put all you could into asking genuinely for help, if for some insane reason something bad did happen, there's no way you're solely to blame. Some people just have that type of problem, or at least I did, and this helped me a lot when I was alone with it.

5) if everything else fails and you can't hack the thought of seeing a psychiatrist, and you're constantly restless : try going to the doctors and asking for medication for anxiety. You'll be able to get something from him/her that will help you calm down. Likewise, if you're too down with it you could say you're depressed and get something to bring you up instead. If EITHER of these things fail, get straight off the meds and try going to the doctors and getting the courage up to tell them the truth about your problem. I'm saying this because I didn't go to the length of seeing a psychiatrist but was still able to deal with it eventually, and anti-depressants helped at one time, anxiety meds another time.

Personally my problems were drugs, delusions, and a messed up lifestyle, but you could also have a natural OCD problem so keep that in mind if you try one or more of whatever I suggested.

Anyway, good luck, and I hope you manage to get through it. Remember that you're not alone and that you can definitely get through this. Remember to have confidence and belief in your ability to overcome it. If you don't have enough confidence and/or belief : simply practise having confidence and belief. If you find anything at all that works, use the confidence and belief from whatever it is and stick with it, because even if it doesn't solve everything you at least have something giving you confidence/belief that you can build on as maybe a foundation.
edit on 10-3-2012 by robhines because: added/typos

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'd say negative thoughts that your concious and subconcious produce consistently can eventually produce negative ways and actions. Frame it as such. Negative thoughts creates negative emotions, negative emotions create negative behavior, which produces negative words, ways and actions. You'll soon have a negative lifestyle which becomes your way of life finally adapting to a culture of negativity. If you really want to get deep you can start it with a negative society aiding in creating the thoughts which produce the behavior. That's my see on it. Peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I think this is the answers I have been looking for,I actually wrote an open letter to "divine-beings-whom-it-may-concern" to automatically cancel whatever nonsensical stuffs I thought,instantly nullifying it (a few days ago).I felt slightly better,so do you think I should do whatever I "forbid" myself to do???(I felt like doing it).Is this one step forward ??? I mean if this goes on ,it might start affecting other aspects of my life .
edit on 11-3-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Delete

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
reply to post by robhines

I think this is the answers I have been looking for,I actually wrote an open letter to "divine-beings-whom-it-may-concern" to automatically cancel whatever nonsensical stuffs I thought,instantly nullifying it (a few days ago).I felt slightly better,so do you think I should do whatever I "forbid" myself to do???(I felt like doing it).Is this one step forward ??? I mean if this goes on ,it might start affecting other aspects of my life .

Hi there, and glad I could help! Firstly, apologies for the last post being pretty unclear, I'd had a bit to drink last night so wasn't explaining anywhere near as properly as I am doing now.

As for doing whatever you/your problem forbids yourself to do, I'd say whatever's best in the situation, which is ultimately what's best for you and at the same time anyone around you. But ultimately, yes, you're trying to overcome this problem, which means that you eventually want to be removing its hold/influence on your mind. The issue you'll have the most if it's the same as what I had is fear of it, and you can totally let go of that by coming to your own definition of what it is and then taking control of your mind again.

So to sum up = you're mainly identifying it and then dealing with it.

Identifying it is done in several ways because there's several definitions, and these come mainly as these 3 as far as I know : doctor, psychologist and meditator. Doctor's term would be some type of OCD or anxiety problem, psychologist would be one of many, but would be grouped around OCD/neurosis/schizoid personality type and/or disorder (that doesn't mean you have to fear full-blown schizophrenia, because it ranges in many ways and can often be mild personality type.), thirdly as a meditator which for me personally as a more zen type meditator is classed as delusion, duality, and attachement to it.

When it comes to dealing with it there's also several ways. You either work it out yourself and deal with it without medication via understanding it psychologically/philosphically and/or via meditating, go to a doctor for meds, or do both. (and a lot of my last post which was obscured by alcohol(!) was connected to asking the all/any beings for help before I'd found a way to mainly deal with it by meditation.)

When it comes to medication, anxiety meds could work best here if you don't want to say it's mental, like I had to do myself. (I didn't want to admit to it being mental as I saw it as a temporary drug caused issue due to my problems at the time.) If that doesn't work you then take the next step of asking for a type of drug that will combat what you feel you're going through if you know of one. If that doesn't work either you're then in psychological territory where you either seek psychiatric help (this is where I'd then have to leave you as I've not been down this route.) or you research and then learn related psychology yourself. I self learnt some psychology as I'd often been interested in it, and eventually saw it as a neurosis and/or conscious/unconscious conflict in a Jungian sense, then as a meditator.

As a meditator, if it comes into awareness and starts causing problems, the best thing I find works (if I ever have it return via anxiety, which sometimes still happens, but no way as bad as it used to be.) is to let go of it and see if it drifts back out of awareness and/or dissipates. If it doesn't I firstly remind myself that it's delusion in the form of a mental problem, (which is what I see it as now.) so I'd say simply "delusion" in my head. If that doesn't work I then focus as much as I can on whatever I'm doing and it then usually leaves. (which is also meditation, and a reason why meditation ultimately helped me the most with the problem. Meditation = awareness/focus/concentration.) If that doesn't work I then meditate via focusing on the breath, which is done to bring calmness and concentration back, and at the same time remove the attachement/problem.

edit : just checked your first post and saw you have the thing about cursing and that you're chinese, so meditating might be something you're already familiar with, or if not daoism. Daoism can help you in a big way if you try meditating from that angle because you're looking at balance, and you can learn a lot of that from there, which also helped me several times before I found zen meditation. The big bonus here is that daoism and zen have a lot in common, so you can work with both, or one or the other in the same type of way.

To try and put it as simply as I can from a daoist perspective : I looked at the problem as coming from unconscious/yin, the solution as coming from conscious/yang, and then meditated on balancing both aspects of the problem until it left. Or seeing it as the solution arriving from the unconscious/yin and into conscious/yang where it could be balanced, in the same way that a Jungian psychologist would see the problem as an unconscious content trying to make itself conscious where it can then be balanced out.

And yeah, if you have the curse fear you can replace what I mentioned as saying simply "delusion" with "uncurse". Or whatever it is. It might not seem to work much at first but as you believe in your own ability to counter the problem in whatever form you'll gain confidence in the simple words you use as countering effects/balancers. If it starts bugging you and coming up with any other type of negative scenario you just balance it out with its opposite and then that balance if it works brings you back to your normal awareness.

Hope this helps anyway, and again, good luck with getting through it.
edit on 11-3-2012 by robhines because: added/typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join