It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hank for Senate. Cat running for Virginia Senate seat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It is in times like these that I wish I lived in the beautiful state of Virginia just so I could vote for a candidate truly worth voting for (Then I remember the tax rate down there and say "fuggetaboutit"). Meet Hank, the cat who is running for the open Senate seat in Virginia, a candidate who can clear the rats out of Washington.

Hank for Senate: Cat campaigns against George Allen, Tim Kaine for Va. seat

A new candidate has emerged in the U.S. Senate race, challenging former Virginia governors George Allen (R) and Tim Kaine (D) with a single word: “Meow.”

The candidate, who goes only by the name “Hank,” is a cat. A 9-year-old street cat, from Springfield, with a Web site, a Facebook page, a Twitter handle, and campaign advertisement, to be precise.

His Senate run is founded on the issue of job creation.

Hank announced his candidacy earlier this month, and his promotional materials describe him as “a proud Independent” with “real world experience, a unique point of view, and limitless energy.”

The “Hank for Senate” Web site is asking for volunteers to “harp on Hank” by going door-to-door, making phone calls, and working at a polling place on election day.

Washington Post

You can visit his official campaign website Here

he has one of the few truly positive political ads running out there today:

Hank the Cat of Fairfax County, Virginia, recently declared his intention to seek the United States Senate seat currently held by James Webb. Webb is not seeking re-election in 2012.

In his announcement, Hank stated: “In this time of austerity, of threats to families’ livelihoods and to our civil liberties, it is essential that we choose the right leader. Our situation is too dire to risk placing this important job in the wrong paws, and that is why I have decided to run for US Senate for the great Commonwealth of Virginia. If I had to sum up my feelings for Virginia’s future, I would have to say: Meow.”

Hank for Senate

Some say running a cat for the open Senate seat makes a mockery of our election system. I say they already made a mockery of the system by running the candidates chosen to represent us by our corrupt two-party system.

What better way to show how fed up we are with their system than to send a cat to Washington?

edit on 2/28/12 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
That's it, I'm moving to Virginia!
. GO HANK!! Meow!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Paws for thought. Where have we seen this kind of thing before? I smell a feline conspiracy, cats really are gods and are seeking to take over the world! I'd vote for Hank, hands down

For teh kitteh win!
edit on 28/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA Socks the cat for those who don't know him. He had his own name sign and everything!

edit on 28/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

My cat, Smolkey has one black testicle and one white testicle. He should run for office.

------------------------

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A-meow-zing! Hank will clean up the vermin infesting Capitol Hill. I would vote for a cat over a politician any day of the week.

Making a mockery of our system? Oh Puh-leeze! A mockery is voting for somebody who says they will represent the people, when the whole time they only intend to represent the Big Money interests that helped get them into office. Every sleazeball politician has made a mockery of the process.

Go Hank!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonhunlo

My cat, Smolkey has one black testicle and one white testicle. He should run for office.

------------------------

WAY too much information there...

I'm all for full disclosure for vetting the candidates but, I draw the line when it comes to descriptions of the candidates balls.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I for one welcome our new feline overlords.

top topics

join