It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry Is The Light Of Truth, The Congressional Hearing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've decided to start a new thread that correspondences with my previous thread ;

This is a good read and was written by a Vietnam Veteran that was at the Congressional Hearings in 1971. I submit to you that Mr. Jacobson kept excellent record of what transpired on that day, as he will explain, during the course of your reading. Please keep an open mind as you read and see for yourselves that the "swift-boat veterans for truth", WERE NOT telling the truth as the real truth happened.

pzzzz.tripod.com...

by Gary Jacobson

There has been a great deal of misinformation spread about the veteran community concerning John Kerry's statement before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, on April 22, 1971. Many vets have been led to believe Kerry cast all veterans as evil criminals, and baby killers. He did not! This is far from the truth...not what he said...and not what he felt! John Kerry deserves the light of truth and justice given his truly spoken words, not the half-truths that say he said what he didn't, innuendoes, unfair falsifications, misrepresentations and character assassinations, downright mean-spirited lies and dirty tricks perpetuated by those who do not wish to see him in office.

Gary's site is amazing, the reading of the testimony by John Kerry to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on April 22, 1971 ,..... is very long, but worth the time to read.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Frankly I'm tired of the entire Vietnam saga. I don't care what he did or did not do 30 years ago. All I want is an explanation for his actions in the last 4 years. When will he explain his record (or lack of) in the Senate?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's not denying the horrors of Vietnam, and it's also true that if it was not for a group of people we will still be in Vietnam right now, and my father a veteran of Korea said that.

Now the same people is called traitors, and now history repeat itself we are in Iraq and people are dying our soldiers and Iraqi people mix with the "bad" people, now how can we stop this mess?

Obviously our own president the one that created this mess don�t even know how.

Do we need another hero to do that? Oh I forgot he would be call a traitor just like us for opposing a senseless war.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No one should be surprised at how Kerry's reputation is being totally destroyed.
Bush's administration very badly wants to be in again for another four years.
I was thinking though that Kerry is lucky he has'nt met up with some unlucky "accident". As it is right now all they are doing is destroying his reputation and credibility down to the last crumb. I wonder if Kerry knew what he was in for? It seems to me he never dreamed that his Vietnam war record and his haveing protested the most bloody, futile war we ever had would be turned against him. They took what he considered his "assets" and turned it into his "liabilities". The downright "rottweilerish" attitude of the GOP never fails to amaze me.
Another thing that amazes me is that so many people buy into this psychological mind game that these rogue politicians play.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It's not denying the horrors of Vietnam, and it's also true that if it was not for a group of people we will still be in Vietnam right now, and my father a veteran of Korea said that.

Now the same people is called traitors, and now history repeat itself we are in Iraq and people are dying our soldiers and Iraqi people mix with the "bad" people, now how can we stop this mess?

Obviously our own president the one that created this mess don�t even know how.

Do we need another hero to do that? Oh I forgot he would be call a traitor just like us for opposing a senseless war.

You go girl, tell it like it is !!!! You touched on some of what I was trying to get others to see, "same dam war but different president, different era, different country that we attacked, for WHAT --------> A WAR THAT NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED
. Then there's the differences with the presidents, ( 1971) This President didn't want to be the FIRST President to lose a war,........ (2000 - 2004) This President "claims" to be one of the chosen by GOD and He and GOD holds conferences between each other,
, now that's a NUT-CASE .

I'm not trying to change peoples minds about who they're going to vote for, I would just like them to "OPEN THEIR EYES" to the big picture and to read, and learn about John Kerry and George Bush, to see who the REAL Honorable Discharged Veteran really is between these two men, to know that one man laid-down his life for his country and lead the fight to get the Vietnam War stopped, whereas the other man hide from his duties, didn't even finish his "stint" in the war, and since seating hisself in the White House has caused nothing but "death", and told nothing BUT LIES .

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Grady

Any chance of a link to a real media organization to back up these claims? These sites seem to be rather simple sites done by people with an obvious agenda.

Oh and he went with the words of frauds and liars? I am calling BS on that. My father and his brothers (all decorated vietnam vets and most lifetime Marines) tell me what he says is true. All those things did happen and it was an unfortunant thing. So saying he repeating the lies is wrong. I am more inclined to believe them over what some bitter republicans are posting on these hate sites.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This post was removed because of its length.

Here is the link to the text explaining the fraud involved in the Winter Soldier Investigation:

ice.he.net...

[edit on 04/9/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
John Kerry went to Congress with the word of frauds and liars and repeated their words for his own benefit. The swifties have not twisted Kerry's words

Grady I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but I've noticed your intense hatred of Kerry verges on being obsessive. In your posts you seem to blame him for every torture and everything evil that ever happened in Vietnam. I don't think the VietCong needed too much of an incentive to be any crueler torturers than they already were. Your views are colored with so much hatred of Kerry that your posts are far too biased to take any worthwhile note of.
You can flame me if you wish, but calling me a "marxist" or a "communist" is only going to reinforce my belief that you are obsessed with a distorted vision of a bygone era that stars John Kerry as the most vile and destructive villain ever seen in this solar system.
Please don't think that I don't like most of your other posts Grady. They are usually very informative and interesting.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
No one should be surprised at how Kerry's reputation is being totally destroyed.
Bush's administration very badly wants to be in again for another four years.

What reputation? If he has anything to say about his reputation, let's hear what he's done since he became Senator. His record should be able to speak for him, but he doesn't talk about what he's accomplished.
And, didn't I hear he has the distinction of never having introduced a Bill?

As for Bush wanting to be in the White House for another four years, rumor has it the Clintons agree with that. Perhaps they would run in 2008.

I've also heard that if Kerry seriously wants to win, he should have picked a VP running mate without high aspirations. Edwards does little, it seems, to help his running mate.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
for this thread for the "Most Hilarious Thread Title".

It's defiantly the funniest, if not the most incorrect, thing I have read in MONTHS!!!

Unless you count the LAST thread nannanna started...they are both quite funny when you think of it, as far as content goes....But this one still wins for the title!!!

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
elaine

I don't hate Kerry, but I am adamantly opposed to his becoming President.

I only blame Kerry for what he did. He lied to Congress, he lied to the nation. He helped to prolong the war he ostensibly sought to end, which was very nearly won after Tet 68 and after Tet 69, the NVA was rendered nearly inoperative in S. Vietnam.

Kerry is a respected man in Vietnam, because he was their man on the American home front. Kerry did not care to end the war. What he wanted was for the US to withdraw so that the communists could win. The communists would have lost, except for the likes of John Kerry. How anyone could support this man for President is beyond me and no one has yet to give me a rational explanation.

My posts are factual and I back them up with links in many cases. Your assessment of the noteworthiness of my posts is your own opinion, which you may hold if you wish, but I have not been biased in my presentation of Kerry. The facts about Kerry are so bad that they only make it seem that way.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

What reputation? If he has anything to say about his reputation, let's hear what he's done since he became Senator.

EXACTLY!!!!! If Kerry is such a 'hero' tell me, PLEASE, what the heck he has done in his 20 year Senate position other than change his mind about issues or not bother to show up for votes. He has done NOTHING which is why you all are so busy trying to argue about how great he was 30 years ago! How pitiful is that!?!?!?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have explained until my fingers almost bleed that Kerry lied about atrocities in Vietnam. I have said that Kerry named a list of "atrocities" that he admitted to committing and for which the heads of state should be accountable. I have pointed out that none of these were actually atrocities because Kerry was too smart to incriminate himself, while at the same time incriminating everyone else who ever served in Vietnam and the two administrations who had prosecuted the war.

I have pointed out that Kerry claimed that a .50 cal. machine gun was the only weapon he was issued to use against personnel, but that Kerry's own home movies show him armed with an M-16.

Now, I have his contradiction in his own words. This is one good reason that Vietnam veterans are not partial to Kerry.

www.cnsnews.com...\Culture\archive\200409\CUL20040917a.html

"Responding to a question from Outdoor Life about whether he is a gun owner, and if so, what's his favorite gun, Kerry strongly intimates he has an assault rifle, which is illegal to own both in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C."

The Kerry quote appears on Page 82 of the October issue of Outdoor Life. He told the magazine,

"My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam. I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle."

ice.he.net...

There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire.

I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people.

I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.
-- John Kerry, on NBC's "Meet the Press" April 18, 1971

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Before we tear each other apart, I want to ask a simple question, how many in here wants the Iraqis and our troops to keep dying?

How many find satisfaction in looking at the news and see beheadings of Americans and people from other nations done on tape?

How many of you can stand another 4 years without knowing if your love ones will be send to die for a senseless war?

How many enjoy our troops in Iraq being blame for the death of children, and how many of you enjoy looking those pictures of death children because is many on the internet circulating like trophies of war.

That is what bush has given us.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
marg, reasonable question. but what makes you think it would be any different under kerry? he's already stated if he wins he'll stick it out in iraq. furthermore, he's also stated he would have gone to iraq even if he knew then what he knows now. my point is, kerry will keep our troops in iraq, and the conditions will be no different then they are now. and no, kerry isn't going to be able to change things by getting the "international community" involved; that's just pipe dreams.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Astroblade we cannot pull out of Iraq and that is a fact, the present president committed US already to stay in that country and that is a fact.

But if Kerry becomes president the agenda to deal with Iraq could be different new views different strategic.

And at leas it will be hope for us and for our troops.

It's that too much to ask?

At least it's worth to try for my son and for the sons, fathers, husbands and female counterpart that are risking their lives in Iraq.

Hope.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Before we tear each other apart, I want to ask a simple question, how many in here wants the Iraqis and our troops to keep dying?

Nobody except for the terrorists want to see people continue to die...that point is moot. The problem is in the way you advocate ENDING the hostilities. If we pull out before the job is done, NOTHING will have been served. We learned that in Viet Nam. We pulled out, they are now communist. If we pull out before the job is done, Iraq will be a lawless haven for terrorists within a month. Period.

The only way to win a war is to win it!

Something else is that the TROOPS you claim to worry about DO NOT TRUST KERRY!!! He betrayed his comrades in Viet Nam, and we believe he would do it again in a second. You cannot have a cammander in chief that the troops will not follow...

All the moaning and complaining in the world will never change that fact.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

Nobody except for the terrorists want to see people continue to die...that point is moot. The problem is in the way you advocate ENDING the hostilities. If we pull out before the job is done, NOTHING will have been served. We learned that in Viet Nam. We pulled out, they are now communist. If we pull out before the job is done, Iraq will be a lawless haven for terrorists within a month. Period.

The only way to win a war is to win it!

Something else is that the TROOPS you claim to worry about DO NOT TRUST KERRY!!! He betrayed his comrades in Viet Nam, and we believe he would do it again in a second. You cannot have a cammander in chief that the troops will not follow...

All the moaning and complaining in the world will never change that fact.

How do you know when "The War on Terrorism" is won? Is it ever won? How do you bend the will of almost the entire population of Iraq to fit into our view of what they "should be" without killing almost all of them? And killing alot of our troops along with them? I need good explanations of how this is accomplished.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

But if Kerry becomes president the agenda to deal with Iraq could be different new views different strategic.

The only thing I can figure out is that you have NOT looked at Kerry's senate record and that you are not looking at Kerry. He cannot make up his mind about anything. He says what he knows people want to hear ... THAT is how he makes up his mind. And scarier still, he SAYS what he thinks people wants to hear but he VOTES the opposite way.

You REALLY need to look into this man that you consider a 'hero'. I think if he gets elected you will quickly learn that Kerry will not do a better job with Iraq and he will more than likely get us into an even worse situation. PLEASE do your homework, research, whatever you want to call it.
You can disagree with Bush and his policies and his decisions, but at least you KNOW where Bush stands on issues. You cannot for one minute tell me that you know where Kerry stands ... even Kerry doesn't know where he stands! A vote for Kerry is voting in total blindness. You have no idea who you are voting for or who you will end up with!

Jemison

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join