It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Quantum Physics prove that there is a God because everything is made of energy and energy is (lovi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yes, we know from Quantum Physics that there really is no such thing as 'nothing'. There is no void or empty space, there is always particles. We know that everything is connected (Quantum Field) and there everything is energy, but where is the proof that it is 'conscious' and where is the proof that it is 'loving'?

Everything is made of energy but is everything truly made of light? What is energy made of, wave? What are waves /frequencies made of?

Also, if you are going to use the "observer effect" as proof, then you make sure you actually understand what is meant by "observer", thanks...

Critics of the special role of the observer also point out that observers can themselves be observed, leading to paradoxes such as that of Wigner's friend; and that it is not clear how much consciousness is required ("Was the wave function waiting to jump for thousands of millions of years until a single-celled living creature appeared? Or did it have to wait a little longer for some highly qualified measurer - with a PhD?"[3]).

edit on 28-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Just wanted to talk about the Observer effect. the observer effect is the effect that the act of observing or measuring a certain process, has on the proces, by interference of observed particles with the detection device.

Observer effect is not, as some think, the effect a human has on a quantum experiment just by watching it.

Skeptics say that in Double Slit experiments the wave form collapses because of the Observer effect, there is interference with the measuring device wich makes the wave form collapse.

But that is not true. The Quantum Eraser Experiment proves that it is not the physical effect of making a measurement, that collapses the wave, but the availability of the information to the ones conducting the exp.

If they measure, the wave collapses, if they measure but erase the info of that measurement right away, the wave form continues, if they measure and don´t erase the info, the wave form collapses.

So the Observer effect in its scientific meaning, is not making the wave collapse.

Just wanted to share that.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm sorry... how does this prove God?
Humour me...

IRM

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The problem I have with that is "what is a god?"
According to the bible, it is a sentient male being that can interact with humans somehow. I don't know how quantum physics comes into it?
Whilst this god claims to be omnipresent, you could falsely believe that QP explains this but a being that is this large and basically is made up of everything would not be aware of us humans, let alone be interested in individuals.
Do you talk to your own atoms you are made up of? Sorry it would even be worse, let me rephrase this, are you aware of the beings that live on your atoms, especially individual ones?
I am open to believe we may be part of a giant creature and by all means call it god or nature or whatever* but it is not the same being that holy books talk about.

*And to add something I always wanted to. I practice magick, it works. I can make things happen by will alone. I know that this can be beautifully explained by QP because of quantum entanglement. However there is no god involved, it is merely down to new science that is about to emerge thanks to QP. So to all of those that believe prayers work, yes they do but it also works if you don't believe in god [I am an atheist]. Doesn't that tell you that the invention of gods just made it easier for common people to access this natural power?
QP to me is the evidence that there is definitively no god!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Only energy. NO GODS....simple.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here is mathematical evidence (so large in volume that it amounts to proof) that God exists:
smphillips.8m.com...
But, strictly speaking, it is NOT that God exists. Rather, everything that exists is, ultimately, God. There is nothing that is NOT God.
Quantum mechanics of spinless strings requires space-time to have 26 dimensions. 26 is the gematria number value of YAHWEH, one of the ancient Names of God. Before you dismiss this as coincidence, spend the next six months studying the research at this website. It will change you forever.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Who knows?

All I know is that anything that can observe has the ability to interpret what it observes in any way it wants. To me, the observer is God. Perhaps there is an absolute observer who is learning from our collective observations. That makes some sense, but who knows?

Life itself is the most mysterious and spectacular phenomenon in the whole universe. Because we exist, we add the element of intelligence to the universe. So since the universe is intelligent, then the universe itself fits the description of an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful God. And rightly so.

The beauty of it all is the beauty of it all and that is limited only to how much of it you want to see. So expand how much you want to see if you want to know what divinity is.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Some religious pundits argue that the dark energy cosmological costant is proof for the existence of God.

The cosmological constant is estimated by cosmologists to be on the order of 10−29g/cm3, or about 10−120

*read as 10 to the power of -120

Wikipedia

The premise is that the cosmological constant of dark energy is so "precise" that any variation in in value, in either direction would not allow for the formation of galaxies, stars and solar systems. This, they say is proof that God exists. However, if you consider the Multiverse theories the explanation could be that we just happen to be in one of the Universes that the cosmological constant allows for galaxies to form.

....Or our Universe is just some simulation performed by some ultra intelligent being(s).

There is no ultimate proof of God... that's why they call it faith.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Exactly what I was trying to say but I couldn't get the words out. The observer effect is not good evidence for proving that it is consciousness that does anything, they need to understand what the word "observer" means in quantum physics.

reply to post by InfaRedMan

This is what I'm asking, how DOES it prove a god?

reply to post by hdash

You didn't answer anything.

Originally posted by Hecate666
The problem I have with that is "what is a god?"
According to the bible, it is a sentient male being that can interact with humans somehow. I don't know how quantum physics comes into it?

By "God" I mean and omnipresent (universal) consciousness.

a being that is this large and basically is made up of everything would not be aware of us humans, let alone be interested in individuals.

But if this is truly omnipresent consciousness then how can it NOT be aware of us humans, or individuals? It's consciousness would be everywhere even in the atoms...

I practice magick, it works. I can make things happen by will alone. I know that this can be beautifully explained by QP because of quantum entanglement. However there is no god involved, it is merely down to new science that is about to emerge thanks to QP. So to all of those that believe prayers work, yes they do but it also works if you don't believe in god [I am an atheist].

But if everything is energy and you can make things happen by will and it somehow changes the flow of energy, doesn't this mean that this energy was affect just by your consciousness alone? Would this be evidence for saying that the energy itself is an omnipresent consciousness?

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "God" because for some reason, no one thinks about pantheism but only monotheism...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We can agree on that but, it´s not quite clear to me what your stance is. Do you agree that consciousness plays a big role in collapsing the wave form in these experiments and not the observer effect as it is known in science?

I would say the observer effect is not good evidence to prove that consciousness isn´t involved.
edit on 28-2-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'm agnostic about this subject. I need more research in order to come to a conclusion but I'll definition research more about the "The Quantum Eraser Experiment" so I can give an opinion...

But even if it is consciousness, that would mean that everything is energy, all things are connected, and that energy is consciousness, but how do we know about the unconditional love part?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don´t know, i don´t believe in a traditional god in a religious way. I don´t think there is only love or unconditional love. i think there is a balance, a place for everything, hate and love.

If anything is god, I feel it is us experiencing ourself.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
If anything is god, I feel it is us experiencing ourself.

This is what I believe as well. I also believe that hate has its place and is just as much a part of God as love. God is the center of all. God is unity.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
God is energy and energy likes to keep busy.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Before you dismiss this as coincidence, spend the next six months studying the research at this website.

Sadly, I can only spare five months of my time. This will have to wait a few years.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
God is energy and energy likes to keep busy.

It's why WE work. We don't work just to work though, we work to survive. Think about it.

All energy is alive.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Fundamentalist christians seem to have taken a liking to quantum physics recently. In yet another misinformed and missguided effort to prove the existence of god.... All they are succeeding in doing is to make themselves look even more stupid than normal 'is that even possible'?

If you have faith in god and that makes you happy, good for you... But why do you feel the need to constantly reinforce your belief by using ridiculous arguments to convince everyone how right you are? Do you not see how sad you look?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Who are you referring to? What fundamental Christian believes in pantheism?

If you don't like it you can leave the thread, instead of trolling. I made this thread specifically asking for people to put their evidence in how quantum physics can prove everything is energy, and that energy is made of consciousness.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I've been waiting for someone to explain the observer effect to me properly. You have now done so. Thank you!

P.S. People have tried and failed too many times haha

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Defining and researching about energy is interesting indeed.

Question about whether energy has consciousness is interesting too.

How about experiment on plants reacting on living things in danger.

I don't remember who first done it.

There was an equipment set to dump shrimps into hot water at certain point of time,

and equipment which measured brainwave of plant reacted immensly at that point.

Now plants don't have brain and how could they react at certain point? Do the plants have emotion or

is it proof that energy itself has consciousness? quite interesting issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join