It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Sky and Possible Artifacts on Mars - Mars Exploratiion Rover Mission

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Damn it, if I can figure out how to use the "upload field" I can upload some true color Mars images for you guys, but I do not see that option.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Street Rat
I hope you all found this interesting, I have poured out my blood, sweat, and tears to put all of this together for you. I also would like to thank Kano for his help and for all his hard work gathering tons of info, and bringing it to our attention. Enjoy... Sorry for this segment being so long...

You would have saved yourself a lot of time had you read all the article, it actually explains all that. As well as explaining why the method you are using is flawed, giving earthly examples. The channels have all been amplified to maximise SNR, you are recombining them without undoing the original amplification. A flawed method.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well I don't know what to say...I've said about all there is to say...sounds like NASA has some problems to work out, but thats ok...I have given everyone enough information to explore this subject on there own and come to there own conclusions. If I 've helped anyone understand anything at all, or just given someone the motivation to learn somthing on there own, I can live with that. Everyone can be there own judge. I don't tend to beleive anyone that is sworn to secrecy or works for anyone that is. So I'll keep on doing my thing regardless...No hidden methods or pictures here...If looking at NASA true color pictures for observation and study is your love, then by all means, Enjoy...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Street Rat
So I'll keep on doing my thing regardless

Seriously, read this post and the one below it. They explain why combining the three amplified channels is a false method. If it isn't obvious enough.

I found the approximate ratios, member slinted posted them a few months ago after finding them in the Maestro program.

Just from what images have been published already with Maestro, it appears that when a L2 R2 L5 L6 set is taken (not including the other filters), they have relative exposure times of ~ 1 (L2) : 4.4 (L5) : 6.5 (L6). Add in the information regarding the relative sensitivities of the Pan Cam CCD (the above bell_2003.pdf paper) and you have much more realisitic idea of how much light is actually being thrown around in different wavelengths, at least for those particularily that have been measured.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Quite a PR kind of guy, aren't you...

external image

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Let's make sure we get the colors right, okay?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join