It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonic tones. Any theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Some time last year, I had an odd experience over the course of a weekend (two days and two nights) and was simply wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything similar.
I will start by stating that I have never had a problem with tinnitus or any hearing-related issue. Nor was I exposed to any loud music or noise in the period beforehand. I was unaware of any construction or earthworks nearby.
I became aware that I was hearing a tone. A constant pitch of sound. Purely for descriptive purposes, I will liken it to a distant choir sustaining a note in harmonic parts. The sound was constant in my ears for most of the weekend and seemed to go up a note or two to a higher pitch, two or three times during the final afternoon and evening.
It isn't mind-blowing stuff, I know but, does this remind anyone of anything or inspire any theoretical response from anyone?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sirenofthedead

Sometimes my ears just pop and I hear a beep that sounds like the machines that keep patients alive in hospitals. You know, the tone which goes beeeeeeeeep if people have passed on.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
as a musician,i hear sounds all day long. i can hear a humming bird fart 5 miles away!!!
sometimes it gets annoying,but you get use to it. i can hear the spirit in my house,no matter what room she is in

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
From the zetatalk website addressing sounds or tones heard in Montana but is about sounds heard all over the globe.

Missoula lies in a valley between mountain ranges that are riddled with rivers draining the steep mountain sides. If Kiev has multi-tonal trumpets because the reservoir is vibrating, and Belarus has horns because the river there is vibrating, then why should Missoula be exempt? The regions where the vibrating Earth plays music are where water is being vibrated. Elsewhere, it sounds like a roar, like Godzilla rising from the sea and roaming the land. Noise is sound where every frequency is heard. Music is controlled such that harmonics, or coinciding or duplicating frequencies are heard. That several distinct tones were heard in Missoula, each in turn, only means that the body of water producing them increased its frequency from tone to tone. In Kiev, chords were heard, as more than one arm of the reservoir was set to vibrating. The thrumming or fan beating sound that preceded the Missoula tones was the rock layers being pulled apart, as the N American continent is being pulled into a bow, as we have often explained. As the jerking apart and rebound of the underlying rock layers picked up the pace, the pitch of the music the nearby river produced climbed. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

wow... Thank you. This is a lead I can follow up and, hence, a perfect example of the kind of response I was hoping for.
edit on 28/2/12 by sirenofthedead because: (no reason given)

top topics

join