It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St Paul's protest: Occupy London camp evicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

St Paul's protest: Occupy London camp evicted

www.bbc.co.uk

Police and bailiffs have evicted anti-capitalist protesters and removed tents from the Occupy London camp at St Paul's Cathedral.

The operation, which began just after midnight, was mostly peaceful but there were 20 arrests.

A St Paul's spokesman said: "We regret the camp had to be removed by bailiffs."

The City of London Corporation said it "regretted" that it had become necessary to evict the protesters.

Occupy London, which campaigns against corporate greed, set up the camp on 15 October.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have just seen this on the news and I am disgusted this has happened! They were protesting peacefully and completely legally and now they have been kicked out by the police state!

This country is getting worse and worse with police actions against the public like this, we will soon be walking zombies and totally oblivious to their evil plans!

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Did you notice who ordered the eviction?

The council? no.

Government? NO

The Courts? Oooohhhhh no!!

"The City of London CORPORATION"

That is who really control this world, and what irony that the eviction should be ordered by and carried out on behalf of the very "entities" that the people were protesting about!!

Just Wrong!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Did you notice who ordered the eviction?

The council? no.

Government? NO

The Courts? Oooohhhhh no!!

"The City of London CORPORATION"

That is who really control this world, and what irony that the eviction should be ordered by and carried out on behalf of the very "entities" that the people were protesting about!!

Just Wrong!!

Your right, the master of the rolls worked at N M Rothschild
en.wikipedia.org...

"He was educated at the independent Westminster School in the precincts of Westminster Abbey, and studied Chemistry at Christ Church, Oxford.[2][4] Upon graduation, he worked at the merchant bank, N M Rothschild & Sons, from 1970-73."

I guess an education in banking is important when joining a bank lol more like what school you went to.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

I do hope you don't live in London.

Have you ever walked past the camp, especially at night? Its a blight on an already blighted city. Its filthy and stinking, driving away tourism, not only from St Pauls but a lot of that area in London. At night its crawling with drink and drug paraphernalia, with people sprawled out anywhere in all manner of states.

And you call this is a worthwhile protest? Pfft...

The biggest thing that makes my laugh (and is the biggest irony of all) is that the Guy Fawkes mask they all wear from V for Vendetta are licensed for production by..........Time Warner!

www.nytimes.com...

What was there turnover and profit last year?

So yeah, well done all you occupy and anonymous supporters for fuelling a massive corporation.

Idiots!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

Interesting point. So what you are saying is that a quick course in making paper mache masks is needed by these protestors so they can make their masks, without making further contributions to the "corporate machine" which is obviously a conflict of intrests and therefore best avoided for the sake of ethics and reputation?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin2012
I have just seen this on the news and I am disgusted this has happened! They were protesting peacefully and completely legally and now they have been kicked out by the police state!

1. I think you will find that they eviction has been undertaken as part of a legal process and the encampment was deemed illegal on the basis that you cannot indefinitely occupy a highway or someone else’s land. Please go to the actual judgements and appeal for the precise legal reasons.
2. In a police state there would have been no process.
3. Many people would agree that they have made their point and their continued presence was a nuisance. The Occupy Bristol site outside Bristol Cathedral was left a disgraceful mess when that lot eventually left.

www.thisisbristol.co.uk...

Regards

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Spot on......

Providing they clean up after themselves.

Paper Mache is a messy business

EDIT: All paper must be recycled and not from a major news corp, and glue must be made by hand from base chemicals. If your gona stand by your morals, you have to do it correctly!

edit on 28-2-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Absolutely right. Here, if anyone wants it, is the ruling turning down the protester's appeal of the ruling: www.bailii.org... (It's a long read, but I found it interesting.)
This case has recieved a lot of court time and analysis. I can understand that some don't like the decision, but there is no evidence to show the decision is wrong

new topics

top topics

join