It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Bluebook Files Censored at National Archives.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There's an interesting article below dealing with Project Bluebook 'actual unknown' cases which describes how one UFO researcher discovered that the files had been tampered with and witness names censored whilst they were being prepared for transfer to the National Archives in Washington, DC.

THE BLUE BOOK UNKNOWNS

In January, 1974, I visited the U.S. Air Force Archives at Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, Ala., to review the files of Project Blue Book as the first step toward writing a book on the subject.

In a full week, I read all the "unexplained" cases in the original files and made extensive notes, including the names and other identifying information on all witnesses where given. The cooperation of the staff of the Archives was excellent, and no restrictions were placed on my work.

A few months later, the files were withdrawn from public view so they could be prepared for transfer to the National Archives in Washington, D.C. This process involved making a xerox copy of almost 30 file drawers of material, blacking out the names and other identifiers of all witnesses, and then microfilming the censored xerox copy. The microfilm has been available to the public at the National Archives since 1976. The original Project Blue Book files remain under lock and key at the Archives.

On almost every page of the 12,000+ case files, there are big black marks where information that could be used to cross-check Project Blue Book's controversial work has been censored.

This includes the names of witnesses to widely-publicized cases, and even names in newspaper clippings.

Luckily the researcher had previously saved the data and, after explaining how his actions are not in contravention of the US Air Force 'Privacy Act', reposts the deleted information at the link below along with 585 unexplained BlueBook UFO cases.

As it was perfectly legal for me to copy witness' names when I visited the Air Force Archives, those names can be found in this report of 585 (less 13 missing) unexplained cases. And since the Privacy Act, which motivated the Air Force to censor the files in the first place, does not apply to reporters or anyone else outside the Government, they can be used as the reader pleases.

Inasmuch as the book I planned to write has never progressed beyond the manuscript stage, I see no reason to keep this information under wraps any longer. Perhaps it will encourage others to re-investigate cases and make the results known.

The Project Bluebook "Unknowns"

For people interested in the subject, there's also a good audio report below which presents official Project Blue Book interviews and UFO eyewitnesses testimony taken from the original USAF source tapes, 1951-1969 - at least they've not tried to delete those.

Other Links:

Comprehensive Catalog of 1,500 USAF UFO Unknowns (pdf file)

PB Background and Documents

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Nice find, and post I will have to come back and check this out later as this, is a lot of information to process, hopefully people here will download and archive this material in case the revised SOPA becomes law, just thinking of all of the educational data we have a right too, under the freedom of information act, and the so called transparency of government movement, just disappearing into oblivion due to censorship, is a sad sad thing I hope never comes to pass. I understand barring sites from streaming copyrighted intellectual materials etc. But information such as these files etc. must continue on!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

Darkchemistry, thanks for the reply and I certainly agree about the censorship issue -I don't know if you've seen it but there's a great link below from Patrck Gross about Bluebook and some of the unedited reports make for very interesting reading -especialy when they are describing unknown objects travelling at high rates of speed or making strange flight maneuvers like right angle turns etc..

There are some examples below but the link contains a lot of other information and also raises serious questions about the 'explanations' provided by the USAF to specific UFO cases.

'Right angle turn' reports.

May 1, 1952, George AFB, California. 10:50 a.m:

Witnesses: three men on the arms range, plus one Lt. Colonel 4 miles away. Five flat-white discs about the diameter of a C-47's wingspan (95') flew fast, made a 90degrees turn in a formation of three in front and two behind, and darted around, for 15-30 seconds.

Sept. 15, 1968, near Ocala, Florida. 9:30 p.m:

Witness: missionary pilot Jay Cole, flying a Beech C-45 twin-engined utility plane. One light performed aerobatics for 15 minutes and then vanished. A second light appeared, heading toward them on a collision course, made a 90* turn and disappeared. Later, ground radar told them a target was following them. Sightings lasted 15 minutes.

July 21, 1952, Converse, Texas. 4:30 p.m:

Witness: wife of USAF Capt. J. B. Neal. One elongated, fuselage-shaped object flew straight and level, made a right-angle turn and went out of sight at more than 300 m.p.h., all in 3-5 seconds.

Nov. 13, 1952, Glasgow, Montana. 2:43 a.m:

Witness: U.S. Weather Bureau observer Earl Oksendahl. Five oval-shaped objects, with lights all around them, flew in a V-formation for about 20 seconds. Each object seemed to be changing position vertically by climbing or diving as if to hold formation. Formation came from the northwest, made a 90* overhead, and flew away to the southwest.

Nov. 24, 1952, Annandale, Virginia. 6:30 p.m:

Witness: Lt. L. Brettner. One round, glowing object flew very fast, made right angle turns and reversed course during a 1 hour sighting.

July 12, 1952, Annapolis, Maryland. 3:30 p.m:

Witness: insurance company president William Washburn. Four large, elliptical-shaped objects were seen to fly very fast, stop, turn 90* and fly away in 7-8 seconds.

July 13, 1950, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. 5 p.m:

Witnesses: two skilled Arsenal employees including Mr. Washburn. one object, shaped like a bowtie, and like polished aluminum. Flew straight and level, then one triangle rotated 1/4 turn in the opposite direction and returned to its original position. The object then made a right-angle turn and accelerated away after at least 30 seconds.

Jan. 10, 1953, Sonoma, California. 3:45 p.m or 4 p.m:

Witnesses: retired Col. Robert McNab, and Mr. Hunter of the Federal Security Agency. One flat object, like a pinhead, made three 360* right turns in 9 seconds, made abrupt 90* turns to the right and left, stopped, accelerated to original speed and finally flew out of sight vertically after 60-75 seconds.

May 11, 1954, Washington, D.C. 10:45 p.m:

Witnesses: three USAF.air policemen at Washington National Airport. Two bright lights were seen on three occasions to fly straight and level, make 90* turns and fade. Each sighting lasted about 45 seconds.

Feb. 27, 1967, Grand Haven, Michigan. 8:19 p.m:

Witnesses: Sheriff Grysen, wife and others. Large white light, with smaller red and green lights seen to the sides. Made almost instantaneous 90degrees turn to left, shot out over road and stopped, moving too fast to follow. Sighting lasted 1 hour, 11 minutes.

Ufologie - Project Bluebook

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hi there just got:

WARNING MALWARE!!!

@:
psychicinvestigator.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Regenstorm, worked OK for me mate -here's another link to the article at the NICAP website:

www.nicap.org...

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Double Post.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks, for listing some out. I have stories told to me by relatives, one whom has experienced missing time and claims abductions, an uncle that flew experimental craft for the Air force that flew planes higher and faster than anything known and was out clocked in speed and out distanced in altitude during many of his test flights. The wife of a cousin, that worked at NASA transcribing top echelon minutes at meetings and documents, saying that there is a black space program, what we see is a horse and pony show, that shows tech from 50 years ago as new and cutting edge to media and the public. She and my cousin both had early separate but untimely deaths.

My personal sighting experience happened around age 16 one night at about two AM I was riding my bike down the center yellow line of a quiet country road. I looked up into the sky and saw 2 objects I thought were stars like 2 of the 3 in Orion's belt perfectly horizontal at about 60 degrees on the horizon I thought it was neat. I glanced around to see other stars but none were to be seen. I looked back at the 2 "stars" and one shot straight down and away out of sight, as soon as I glanced back to look at the other "star" it too shot straight down and away in an exact parallel path following the other one. It gave me a twilight zone feeling but I have no idea what these 2 objects were.

I had always dismissed what my cousins wife had said about NASA business, until I was working for an engineering company, that had a long standing contract for cryogenics, the company was odd, it had high security and held what I consider a cover business and a black government project business. I held top secret clearance there, my job was to redraw all of the companies hand drawn schematics and documents from the 1940's to present into AutoCAD and Inventor. Several things stood out to me that didn't fit I had to redraw, such as the chemical composition of liquid oxygen, it held a top secret stamp and was dated 1952, I was like wait what? I remember the public announcement of liquid oxygen in the late very 1980's. I typically held lunch in my cube, on day I over heard a conversation between engineers that had been there over 20 years that I don't think I was meant to hear. One asked the other if the CIA approached him to tag along with a cryogenic tube to China. The other said yes and he asked them if the possibility of gun play would be involved. He said they couldn't rule it out so he declined. I am not sure why they were delivering a cryo tube to China.

But I did find out later some tech that has not yet been released to this date, the sheet was labeled top secret and dated 1954, it was a step by step for cryogenic hibernation. step one went, place subject in liquid oxygen tank for assimilation, step two subject enters and activates cryo tube for hibernation step three technician inspects cryo tube for anomaly step four cryo tube removed from tank for transport. step five after hibernation period subject is placed in liquid oxygen tank step six the attending technician ends hibernation of subject step 7 subject remains in liquid oxygen until re-assimilated.

This has yet to be released until now to my knowledge, to the current scientific and public at large, they are and have been told that cryogenics cannot support hibernation, because when un-thawed the subject will have oxygen bubbles in their blood that will kill them. Well the process I learned by turning that paper document into a digital format, bypassed that completely, the subject to be frozen first acclimates to breathing in liquid oxygen, replacing all oxygen gas in the body with the liquid form, negating any air bubbles, then enters into the cryo tube and initiates hibernation. When the hibernation period is over and the tube is cracked there are no adverse affects to the hibernation subject. How long a subject can be in hibernation? I don't know how long has the government had the tech? at least since 1954 as that was what the document I had to copy was dated.

I don't expect anyone to believe what I have written here, I have no proof no pictures, no documentation or witness es to support what i have said. Feel free to disregard it, debunk it or what ever, hell I try not to think about it myself just to have some sort of feeling of normalcy.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
karl 12, you are a better Ufologist than most of the big names. Thanks I'm gonna dig through this treasure trove.

Funny, I was born on Maxwell AFB.

edit on 28-2-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Hi there just got:
WARNING MALWARE!!!

@:

To avoid malware and virus run Ubuntu or any Linux opsys rather than Windows.

Its free

Ubuntu here
edit on 28-2-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Once again, outstanding job bringing this info to people in a concise form. Can't wait to listen to that audio. And all those right angles? And the Air Force really has no interest in what those things might be? Please.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm sure I heard somewhere that the witnesses names were removed for their own protection and so as to not be bothered. Might be wrong but not sure if there's anything suspicious to this.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just those right angle turn accounts seems like enough reason to keep blue book going, why did they stop the program? Because they found no unusual activity that couldn't be explained by modern technology?
Pulease!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The National Archives and Records Administration are obliged under directive 1608.1 to protect identifiable information, so the names had to be blacked out:

www.archives.gov...

The UFO researcher certainly couldn't use the particular person(s) name without permission.

The video, in particular the eyewitness accounts are very interesting

edit on 28-2-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
great thread star & flag it's threads like these and others that keep me here at ats. like a drug i can't quit I am addicted to this kind of stuff. but If you had top secret clearance as you say, are you not putting yourself at risk revealing all this personal info I mean a junior fbi nsa cia agent could research you based on the info you have revealed. you must know this site is being monitored by TPTB

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
There's an interesting article below dealing with Project Bluebook 'actual unknown' cases which describes how one UFO researcher discovered that the files had been tampered with and witness names censored whilst they were being prepared for transfer to the National Archives in Washington, DC.
snip

This sounds like, wow, we are going to finally be privvy to unknown information. Bull!

Once again we are dealing with old, boring reports which fill those 30,000 file drawers! I used to be a field researcher and I saw the light at the end of the tunnel early on and quit being a field researcher because all I accomplished was accumulating useless data. People saw unidentifieds of all kinds. Not all witnesses saw real UFOs.

Richard Dolan is getting rich and famous from this old data. It serves no purpose to reveal any additional useless information. I'll bet you that anyone who goes to the links and starts reading the reports will not continue for long as nothing new is going to be revealed. There is no difference betwen old and new reports.

My POV is different from the new, young blood that is just starting to accumulate a UFOlogy database since I started in 1957. Eventually, they'll develop the same hardened attitude that I have.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
Nice find, and post I will have to come back and check this out later as this, is a lot of information to process, hopefully people here will download and archive this material in case the revised SOPA becomes law, just thinking of all of the educational data we have a right too, under the freedom of information act, and the so called transparency of government movement, just disappearing into oblivion due to censorship, is a sad sad thing I hope never comes to pass. I understand barring sites from streaming copyrighted intellectual materials etc. But information such as these files etc. must continue on!!!

Well, let's just say that software which allows us to save entire web pages as intact .pdf files is truly wonderful and a platform independent way to open it all later. I am quite sure a large number of people are making good use of such fine software. Of course, I'd never go around talking about such things I personally collected...as that would draw attention if people wouldn't already assume I was.
...but this page full of Bluebook data. That mad....errr...would make a fine .pdf file for an archive collection. Indeed it would.

I'll just bet there are terabytes of archive data, as you suggest there, within just a small number of members here if the truth were known.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Hi there just got:

WARNING MALWARE!!!

@:
Iv'e got pretty decent security. That page threw no flags up in my system either..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Obviously, all of those unexplained cases can be explained in a single sentence: It was Chinese lantern season.

/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
its okay for humans to go to the moon and land stuff on mars but its not okay for us to know that the aliens have been landing here.

i guess they are still afraid that people will panic. there is enough to panic about without the tapes or books.

just release the stupid documents ewe all know whats inside here at ats. i hope they don't eat cats

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

If part of your post was directed at me; I am not too concerned about being locked up watched etc. from revealing the top secret info I posted or for any other reason, hell those were stamped that in the 50's. The contract I signed with the company I worked for, not to share information or gain employment from competitive fields; only lasted for 5 years if I decided to leave. Which I did because of the way some people acted there were inappropriate, nonprofessional and annoyed me enough to say f this place and resign. It has been over 5 years since I left that company.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Darkchemistry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join