It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, ATS Admins & Mods ... how about a top ten list of the most visited threads on ATS by govt isps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm immediately going to give all credit for this suggestion to member pryingopen3rdeye who a short while ago made the comment:

a top ten list of the most visited threads on ats by government registered ips.

whilst responding in another thread.

Personally, I think this is a brilliant suggestion and one that should be "A Must Have" feature here on ATS.
I would take great interest in seeing exactly which threads and/or members are attracting to themselves the most attention from the alphabet agencies.

I'm sure that the raw data is already available to the Admins and it should be a simple matter to throw it up as a constantly updating graph.

Lets see if we can get sufficient member interest to indicate to ATS Admin's that they should give the idea serious consideration.
edit on 28/2/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/2/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

You're right, I'd rather know what the government is doing than what the visitors and members are doing. (The trending up and down page.)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

How do you weed out all the average citizens who just happen to work for a government agency, like a library or council workers or the rubbish collector?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is a foolish Idea, I work for the government, will you treat my responses as if im some agent sent to infiltrate? lol!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

How do you weed out all the average citizens who just happen to work for a government agency, like a library or council workers or the rubbish collector?

Valid point and truthfully ... no idea.
I'll take the easy way out and let the Admin's figure out if it's possible to apply some kind of filter.
But no matter what, I'd absolutely love to have some kind of indication as to the level of alphabet agency monitoring of our threads and/or members

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoddessEve
This is a foolish Idea, I work for the government, will you treat my responses as if im some agent sent to infiltrate? lol!

Hmmmm ... how about instead of "... is a foolish idea ..." that you try to come up with some kind of constructive alternative ?
At the moment this is nothing more than a "throw around idea" ... maybe it's possible, maybe it's not.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just did a quick Google on 3 alphabet agencies, fbi, cia and nsa ... and they all have the following format ... www.abc.gov

At the very least a filter using www.abc.gov may be a start in the right direction..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Just did a quick Google on 3 alphabet agencies, fbi, cia and nsa ... and they all have the following format ... www.abc.gov

At the very least a filter using www.abc.gov may be a start in the right direction..

dont forget .mil addresses!!

you guys really make my mornings :-)
edit on 28-2-2012 by GoddessEve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

In that case I'm extremely happy that I've made your day ... perhaps your negativity will diminish as the day progresses.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
great idea.. and bump from the UK....

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

In that case I'm extremely happy that I've made your day ... perhaps your negativity will diminish as the day progresses.

There is no negativity sir!! Moreso the feeling of watching children frolic in a field as you lazily sip sweet lemonaide...

All jokes aside, I hope you all find what your searching for. I just doubt it would be as obvious as you may think. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I hope this is not going to sound rude, but what do you care? You are not American, the alphabet agencies are American. They have nothing to do with Australia.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Well, after some reseach, I came up with this list:
Sorted in ascending order from most popular to least...

1. Number One with most hits

2. Close second, almost tied with Third

3. This was tied with #2

4. This thread came in fourth

5. Here's number five

6. Number Six

7. Number Seven

8. Here's number eight

9. Number Nine

10. Finally, here's number ten

I am starting to see a trend....

But the most bothering thing was finding out WHO all the agencies are watching: HERE!
That's crazy isn't it?

Actually, I don't see this topic ever coming to fruition, although it should.
But I'd be willing to bet the admins would have a hard time sorting through it all.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You trying to get me fired?

The majority of my visits are from a Govt ISP, but they sure as hell don't pay me for it..... wait..... technically they are paying me for it, but they don't know that!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It's certainly a nice idea, one which would have to be executed perfectly in order for it to work.

The main problem i could see with this is Dynamic Name Servers. Now, I’m not 100% sure how ATS works due to all its advertising and dodgy privacy policies but I'd imagine this would conflict with them and cause issues among members.

Any more technical minded people out there able to research this?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

because i can predict what will happen if this is implimented , i can tell you now :

" worst idea ever "

the reason , because idiots - and yes i mean idiots , will look at the stats , and as they are incapable of critical thinking , make claims like :

" the govt is ` monitoring ` thread X it must be true "

when infact the more probable reason is that govt employees will be reading it and laugthing thier asses off at the insanity that people claim to believe

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

But the most bothering thing was finding out WHO all the agencies are watching:

HERE!

That's crazy isn't it?

Thanks for the post Havok, guess they like reading about UFOs.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I personally don't want to know what threads the government keeps tabs on!

My opinion is that if they are keeping tabs...it's probably not selective...and they're all pretty heavily monitored!

Please make my reservations at my local FEMA camp...and let's get on with it!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Long time ago, I used to post from a libary on a military base.....when my computer was dead...
Im just a civilian....but lived on the base using internet provided by the military....

So how would anyone know who is who posting from a government agency?
And why does it matter? Believe it or not, many people working for the government have the same concerns that members at ATS have. Just because someone posts from a desk at xxx.gov means nothing....they could be some concerned person who has interests in the very stuff we all are worried about....
edit on February 28th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Long time ago, I used to post from a libary on a military base.....when my computer was dead...
Im just a civilian....but lived on the base using internet provided by the military....

So how would anyone know who is who posting from a government agency?
And why does it matter? Believe it or not, many people working for the government have the same concerns that members at ATS have. Just because someone posts from a desk at xxx.gov means nothing....they could be some concerned person who has interests in the very stuff we all are worried about....
edit on February 28th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Ok, .gov, you made your point. But how about the others that I know are visiting this site? CIA, FBI...etc.

They DO view this site. Although I can't reveal my source. I'd be banned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join