It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Bullet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
hi all

ive been watching a few old ww2 films ive not seen in years
such as torra torra, the longest day, where eagles dare, great escape etc

Whilst watching one of these movies i had a flash back to my teenage years.

I rememberd seeing Jason donovan (singer) getting beheaded
a search on the internet, and i found the film

The Last Bullet

Readers Reviews imdb

This movie is just excellent. It's a little war movie that no one has ever heard about and that's a real shame. At a quick glance it's not very interesting: an Australian made for TV movie starring Jason Donovan. And it's 90 minutes long (for me that's the definition of TV crap, those 90 minutes). But all is not what it seems. It's the story of an Australian and a Japanese soldier (both the last survivors of their units) that square of against each other in the jungles of Burma in the ending days of WWII. But it's not the action that's the allure of this movie. We get to know these guys with flashbacks to their lives before the war. What's their motivation, their background? They are not one dimensional and we get to know them and learn that neither of them is a bad guy (not even the Japanese who is always portrayed as bad guys in war movies). They are where they are for good reasons and during this movie it's impossible to take sides against either one. They are both good guys and you cry for them and what happens to them.

A great movie about what happens to men during war.

I was fortunate enough to catch this film on the Sundance channel one day. It has got to be one of the most powerful WW11 movies that I have ever seen. I literally cried during the scene where he (the Japanese soldier) was flashing back to his life before the war. I just broke into tears when his daughter was stuck up in the tree, and he was below telling her to jump and trust that he would catch her. This is just wonderful filmmaking at its finest. I want to deeply express appreciation to director Michael Pattisen for such a fine exhibit.

www.imdb.com...

Just seeing part one helped me remeber the rest
this a fantastic film
has anyone else seen it?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Never seen or heard of it.
I would love to see Jason Donovan get beheaded though.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

new topics

join