It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum: "College is for snobs"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Compare Santorum's words with what Obama actually said: (This is worth watching! Less than 90 seconds)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wish there were scholarships and grant out there to make going to college realistic for the right people. I do however believe government money should NOT be used to pay for useless degrees or in PC terms "low demand" areas of study. We need more qualified scientists, engineers, medical doctors, nurses, and teachers among others out there and more should be done to lure qualified students to those programs.

What we don't need is government funds being used to pay for someone's bogus degree, I am not going to name any, but I assume most of us can name a few.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
He didn't say that college is for snobs... he said that Obama is a snob. Stupid statement, but so is the misleading, trollish title of this thread. As far as the rest of his statement... he's right.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A college degree is just the new high school diploma. People who place so much emphasis on going to college to be "educated" are just mindless dimwits who label themselves as "intellectuals" because they read a few chapters from assigned text books. True intellectuals seek out information on their own and don't need politically-motivated instructors lecturing at them. Experience is what really counts, not what you read in a text book written by someone with an agenda other than sharing information or knowledge.

Liberal college fanatics are much more sheepish and delusional than church-goers. Churches and colleges both just want your money. College fanatics have fallen for the ultimate scam.
edit on 2/28/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

Indeed. The first two years of my college life and the tuition spent were wasted on taking the mandated Liberal Education Requirements (LER's) at my university. Yes, I had quite the good time in my "Inequalities in Society" class. That was 20 years ago. I can only imagine what campus life is like now. The LER's were to ensure that that the college produced well rounded minds. Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Liberal college fanatics are much more sheepish and delusional than church-goers. Churches and colleges both just want your money. College fanatics have fallen for the ultimate scam.

I have advanced degrees. Wanna compare salaries?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

I'm currently in my second year of college. I wasn't raised to be greedy and materialistic and worship the almighty dollar. Neither one of my parents went to college. My mother didn't even work most of the time while I was growing up, yet we are still upper-middle class. You can earn a decent amount with no college degree.
edit on 2/28/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm guessing you misquoted him to get more views/flags or whatever.

What he said is that 'OBAMA' is a snob. Not 'College'.

But his point is that people don't 'need' college to get ahead and be smart like Obama thinks.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Obama was actually misquoted by Santorum...

That being said, Santorum did say

Obama is a snob
If you go to college you'll be like Obama, a snob.

No misquote there.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Of course you can make an excellent salary with no college degree. Lots of folks around to prove it.

Doesn't Romney have lots of sons? I bet most of them have been through school. Harvard, I wonder? hm.I'll go look.

ETA: I did go look but got sidetracked reading about Santorum saying that hearing JFK talk about separation of church and state (in the sixties) made him want to vomit.

(That's not very nice, Ricky).
edit on 2/28/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Rick, it seems like just yesterday...actually it was 2006... when you, like Obama, also wanted to help every Pennsylvania student after high school

he is equally committed to ensuring the every Pennsylvanian has access to higher education.

hey, you even wanted to give them more $!

Rick Santorum supports increased funding for Pell Grants, and since 2001 funding for the Pell Grant program has increased by 47 percent. Pennsylvania students have benefited tremendously from Pell Grants; providing a college education for our state's youth who otherwise might not be able to afford one.

from your 2006 campaign website

You made it easier to send your state's students to liberal slaughter! What were you thinking?!

Rick, maybe you're under stress with all this campaigning for POTUS. Your head seems to be spinning and out of your mouth come some strange words. Do yourself a favor and visit a chiropractor, or maybe your local exorcist.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Does "flip-flopping" come to mind? lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Were is it written that I need a college edumacation to perform any job? Now you need a certificate to drive a forklift...laughable. I find more disturbing that job postings have a requirement that you need to be reliable and show up on time
That is a given.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
santa foam will say anything for a vote, and its working, but he will never beat obama,,neither will mitt, the only guy that could even come close is Paul. The media somehow has confused moral people into thinking that murder is right and war is good.Confused people into thinking the better looking guy is the better guy when they admit his policies suck. How many times does a person need to be lied to until they consider the source liars. Santorum supporters must be like snake handlers and church of god people. Even his wife sucks. His mother is king tut and his sons are nerds and his daughter is a tranny..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
People who place so much emphasis on going to college to be "educated" are just mindless dimwits who label themselves as "intellectuals" because they read a few chapters from assigned text books. True intellectuals seek out information on their own and don't need politically-motivated instructors lecturing at them.

So going to college means you don't seek information on your own? College is actually a shortcut in education. The whole point is to take a field of knowledge and structure it so that it is condensed and still be relevant. Not to mention the countless internships and social networking that helps people narrow the use of what they know. What good is an intellectual who doesn't use it anyway? At least college sets up a system for credentials that makes trusting people with knowledge easier.
edit on 28-2-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Santorum is living proof of what a lack of education gets you - undying fame as the namesake for frothy lube.

Between this idiotic "college is for snobs" comment and his JFK "puke" comment, he just cost himself the primaries in AZ and Michigan.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

You're too afraid to admit that Obama's intelligence bothers you. It probably eats at you.

"How dare he be more intelligent than me!"

You see, it's not a liberal/conservative, left/right thing. It's a case of people hating anyone that they perceive as smarter than them.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You're too afraid to admit that Obama's intelligence bothers you.

Let's revisit the topic of Obama's intelligence when he releases his college transcripts and written articles. Especially the article that supposedly was used to select him as President of Harvard Law Review.

Obama, the self described mediocre student.... He is a great reader and orator, almost like a carnival barker looking to guess your weight. I will certainly give you that...

The only writing that I can find from Obama is this thought provoking poem

Under water grottos, caverns
Filled with apes
That eat figs.
Stepping on the figs
That the apes
Eat, they crunch.
The apes howl, bare
Their fangs, dance,
Tumble in the
Rushing water,
Musty, wet pelts
Glistening in the blue.

www.nytimes.com...
Written during his Occidental years most likely while smoking a laced bowl.
edit on 29-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
Sounds like Rick is pandering to his audiences lately, in this case he is trying to create a further separation of African Americans, that do not or can't relate to Obama by using demographics of where he may happen to be at the time. It is deplorable that he would use statistical data and make generalized statements based on the demographic he is talking to to gain support. Perhaps next he will say, "Eat all the fried foods you want Alabama" since it is number one in stroke. Perhaps in Arizona he will say "Dui's are offensive to the working class" since Arizona is number one in alcoholism. It has become apparent to intelligent people he needs to shut his mouth if he wants to stay in the race, otherwise he is going to keep coming off as a Mr Random statement insane candidate.

edit on 28-2-2012 by Darkchemistry because: grammar

I'd just like to apologize for my state for inflicting this fruitbat on the rest of the country. But it gets worse. Read his book, seriously. It's pretty frightening. And read some of the interviews he's given in his career. The one he did the other day on JFK's separation of church and state making him want to throw up is just one of them.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Santorum is living proof of what a lack of education gets you - undying fame as the namesake for frothy lube.

Between this idiotic "college is for snobs" comment and his JFK "puke" comment, he just cost himself the primaries in AZ and Michigan.

Disagree. Santorum has plenty of education, and he's been educated by the same "liberal indoctrinators" as the rest of us. Santorum is an example of what religious extremism gets you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join