It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airplane Panic Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Warning: this video is disturbing and not for the faint-hearted

I found this video on the internet and felt it was burdening.
edit on 28-2-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
That whole thing could have been quickly handled with a punch right in his face.

Also, stuff like this is why I will never fly again.
edit on 28-2-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I almost felt like that the first time I flew in an airplane. Was one of them small passenger planes and the turbulence was pretty bad. I would have spent my 6 hour flight in the tiny bathroom, but I wasn't about to get close to what I thought was a powerful vacuum hole barely shut by some sliver of thin plastic. You live, you get a little green-faced, then you learn it's not so horrible.. then you look out the window and repeat.

Never said I was brave, ATS..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
All i can think of after watching that is this scene from airplane

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I flew 2 times and never will never fly again. Both times the pilots Said "Oh CHT" And I was like, I'm going to die.

1st time I was flying to Vegas and when we passed Denver, the airplane took a dive and dropped really fast, The pilot says over the intercom "Oh, CHIT". I don't know how many feet in the air, but heads were hitting the ceiling. I held on for dear life on that ride. Least the trip home was nothing like that trip. OMG. I thought for sure we were crashing and were going die. The plane dropped so fast. Then he comes back on the intercom and says, "Everyone stay calm, everything is under control now". That was scary as heck.

2nd time

I was in Cessna, and one of the big jet liners were coming straight at us. Of course the pilot says, "OH CHT hold on". Took the noise dive and went in circles because the tower made us stay up there to land the jetliner. Then we started to run out of gas.

After those two trips I will never fly again.

Well, OK. I did a 3rd time but that was to try skydiving once. That was scary as heck too.

Think, I'll keep my feet on the ground.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Oh goodness bless him he is terrified,

I get freaked out flying but it doesn't stop me, I always think its my plane that's going to crash lol,

LOL oh and the comment about the bathroom just made me laugh so much as i wont use the loo on a plane for that very reason,

Silly i know but you do have to giggle

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
and THAT'S why I always take the window seat.....

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
That whole thing could have been quickly handled with a punch right in his face.

Also, stuff like this is why I will never fly again.
edit on 28-2-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

Wow really?

A person having a panic attack, afraid for their life and you think a punch to the face is a good idea?

no, you are so wrong.

A crying baby doesnt get a punch in the face does it?

A panic attack isnt somthing that the person having wants to do, only time is going ot help not voilence or stun guns etc. Admittedly the rest of the passengers were terrified - but not as much as the poor guy.

punch in the face... you are a disgusting human.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I am not a fan of flying but to get to my favorite places it's required.

I flew to Italy a year ago and had a huge beer and shot of patron at the Outback before I got on the plane and then I got a beer and some mini vodka
I slept most of the way there...That is how I prefer to fly, passed out!

It also helped that there were tvs in every headrest in front of you. I just watched movies and looked out the window til I passed out. It was a long 10hrs for sure!

FYI I was told by British Airways that fear of flying is a medical condition and you automatically get to have a window seat or aisle seat. She said most prefer window. It saved me 50 bucks from paying to have a window seat! That did help....Although the kid from London to Naples who thought he had a window seat drove me slightly nuts. He kept taking his iPhone and putting it to the window infront of my face to take pics. I finally snapped and told him that next time he should buy a window seat if he wants to take pictures or to at least wait til there is something to take a picture of vs random clouds. He almost knocked my drink over twice on my lap. I would have smacked him right back to London.

I flew to the Dominican Republic yrs ago and well that was a scary plane ride let me tell you! You see a mountain and they get pretty damn close to it too! On a trip to Asheville I had to get in a tiny plane and well I just about passed out! I had anxiety the whole trip and when we landed my knees collapsed when I walked off the plane lol I will never fly in one of those planes again!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Awww poor man!
I can sympathize with his extreme fear, having suffered anxiety/panic attacks in my younger years.
Having said that though, I was aware enough of the likelihood of having one while flying, so I had half a xanax beforehand. I was fine until the actual takeoff, when it hit me like a ton of bricks. Unspeakable fear of being confined led to an adrenaline surge that leaves you shaking so bad. Quickly gulping the other half whilst spilling/slurping water everywhere from my shaking hands(& the agonizing wait for it to kick in!), I eventually calmed, & actually enjoyed the rest of the flight.

Its truly awful for everyone on board, not only the person experiencing such fear. If I saw someone back then having an attack, it would have instantly alerted my owns fears, so it is important to get this situation under control asap for everyones sake. Fear can be soooo contagious!

Thank God I'm over that!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Poor guy !! Reminds me how much I hate planes !!!

Check this out...pilot pretends to faint to get his passenger to freak out

Now...THIS guy, I'd wait to be on the ground and beat the *%^&$ out of him !

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Good grief...that is hilarious!

Ummm...Capitan...Capitan...ummm....hey WTF!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

OMG LoL, at the poor guys frenzied screams!!!
How bloody terrifying!!
But ,LOL!!

top topics

join