It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Osama was in routine contact with several senior figures from Pakistan ISI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
rt.com...

Senior officials in Pakistani military intelligence knew of Osama bin Laden’s whereabouts and arrangements for his safe house. That’s the latest revelation to emerge from confidential Stratfor files disclosed by WikiLeaks.

­The leaked information from the rent-a-spy agency published on the WikiLeaks website on Monday shows that Osama bin Laden was in routine contact with several senior figures from Pakistan's military intelligence agency.

“Mid to senior level ISI [[Inter-Services Intelligence]] and Pak Mil [[Pakistani military]] with one retired Pak Mil General that had knowledge of the OBL [[Osama bin Laden]] arrangements and safe house,” wrote Fred Burton, Stratfor's vice president of intelligence, in an email.

I doubt these new "revelations" will help with the already sour Pakistan-US relations.

Fred Burton did not name the officials who knew of the late terrorist’s whereabouts, but added he “got a very clear sense we (US intelligence) know names and ranks.”

In the leaked email, Burton also writes he is not sure if this information was passed on to the government of Pakistan, but confirms that the US did not fully trust Islamabad. “If I was in command, I would not pass the info to the GOP (Government of Pakistan), because we can't trust them. I would piecemeal the names off and bury in a list of other non-related names for internal ISI traces in a non-alerting fashion, to see what the Pakis tell us."

I have not yet seen this article out on the MSM yet, but I can only imagine how big it will spin. There were rumors (which turned out to be true) not too long after the killing of OBL, about how Pakistan couldnt of not known about his hideout. To me it seemed as if some of the media was calling for war with Pakistan, even though there was no evidence at the time.

*on a personal note, I have no idea whether to trust wikileaks or not. Ive heard they are part of the government, plus the whole OBL story sounds a bit off to me.
edit on 28-2-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So Wikileaks.gov wants help peddle propaganda to start a war in pakistan right?

No more imperialist wars please.

edit on 2/28/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: removed unnecessary quote of entire opening post

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We don't need Wikileaks to suggest that the higher ups knew of Osama's whereabouts. Just look at where he was living. He was hiding in plain sight in the middle of an affluent Pakistani neighborhood, near the military academy and in a newly built structure.

There is a reason why we kept the Pakistani officials in the dark prior to and during the raid on his compound. Bin laden was NEVER hiding out in a cave somewhere in the mountains. He was living under the cozy embrace of Pakistan the whole time. Imagine saying that Donal Trump is camped out in a Van Down By The River instead of living in a comfortable estate.

Pakistan is part of the problem always was and always will be...

join