It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeschooling families can’t teach homosexual acts sinful in class says Alberta gvmt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think the people who wrote Alberta's new Education Act have no concept of what homeschooling is really like. Every moment of the day is an opportunity for learning. There is no clear division between home and school life.

To suggest that homeschooling parents can teach a certain ideology as part of their family life but not school life is ridiculous.

That being said, the most important thing that any of us can teach our children is to do unto others as you would have done to you. It's really that simple.

If my children grow up to be hardworking, humble, tolerant and kind I'll be happy regardless of whether they're sanitation engineers or rocket scientists.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Aeons
I haven't seen anything about this, but so what?
"Okay class, class over." Walk into next room. "Home time started! Homosexuality is a sin."
Or are people here suggesting that Homeschooling means that the classroom is always on?

I think they are suggesting that you can't preach hatred and suckle at the government teat simultaneously. You are quite right...but I think the statement must be made just the same. And I don't often agree with the government of Alberta...LOL.

I live here, and I don't either. The Tory constituency associations effectively elect our governments and Premier. However it appears that some have started to realize this, so it is a matter of time before the Tory party becomes something else. Whaddya do?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

11 reasons to get your kids out of the government schools
www.presstv.ir...

govrnment school system

. . . enough said

home schooling info:
homeschooling.gomilpitas.com...

homeschooling.gomilpitas.com...

homeschoolcanada.ca...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

That is the most retarded list of reasons I've ever read. With the exception of the required vaccines every single one of those could happen to a child in any public place.

#8 (teachers are having sex with students) could just as easily read "priests are having sex with students" so make sure you keep your kids away from church!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

The question is what is it that they are saying is a sin? Does, just sayingthat homosexual lifestyles are a sin make since? Men speak and love (non-sexually) other men all the time. They consider them friends. So what is it that makes homosexual lifestyles, men or women, a sin? I'm not a homophobe and would like to know? Is it the sexual behaviour or something else? The qay rights movement is seeking equality and trying to get to an area where hate for their lifestyle won't be tolerated. Do they want the parents that are home schooling their kids to say their lifestyles are OK or that we should respect them even though they are different. Oops - can't say they are different, but if they arn't different then they are being treated equally already. So they must be different.

When you start digging into to this, just to find out why something, like murder of a gay person is a hate crime. To me murder is murder. I don't understand how calling it a hate crime makes it any worse. Murder is about as bad as it gets. It's a bit like this with the legislation. People pushing acceptance of gays defeat their own goals. If someone forces you to say it's not a sin doesn't the fact that someone HAS to have a law saying that it isn't a sin lead you to believe it is? I just don't follow the logic in some of these movements.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I have always taught the morals of the ten commandments as an
educational tool and will always continue to do so even
though I am not a christian.
I have also a lawyer on retainer for anyone who wishes to
waste their time in challenging me on rights to teach
the values of of the commandments.

Beliefs are rights to each their own, especially when it comes
to family, anyone that ever tries to manipulate this fact will
be at loss.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching
I think the people who wrote Alberta's new Education Act have no concept of what homeschooling is really like. Every moment of the day is an opportunity for learning. There is no clear division between home and school life.

To suggest that homeschooling parents can teach a certain ideology as part of their family life but not school life is ridiculous.

That being said, the most important thing that any of us can teach our children is to do unto others as you would have done to you. It's really that simple.

If my children grow up to be hardworking, humble, tolerant and kind I'll be happy regardless of whether they're sanitation engineers or rocket scientists.

You have understand that a fascist revolution is in the works. They will keep pushing this garbage till people reach the "remove gays from society" emotion. Fascist revolutions need scapegoats. Gay's make a good scapegoat for many good reasons even without gay's instigating and trying to rape heterosexuals.

Now that gay's have declared a silent war on hetro-norm culture, it is going to get interesting.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

You have understand that a fascist revolution is in the works. They will keep pushing this garbage till people reach the "remove gays from society" emotion. Fascist revolutions need scapegoats. Gay's make a good scapegoat for many good reasons even without gay's instigating and trying to rape heterosexuals.

Now that gay's have declared a silent war on hetro-norm culture, it is going to get interesting.

Absolute drivel.

Declared war? Please...try to find a better excuse for your prejudice.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Before challenging you, a non-christian, about using the ten commandments as an educational tool to teach morals I'd challenge you on the logic of that practice. I mean, the last six I understand because for the most part because they make sense for any ideology. (don't be disrespectful, don't kill, don't steal, don't lie, don't cheat, don't be envious....that last one is a stretch if we're talking about morality )

But one through four are all about worshiping and paying tribute a god you don't believe in. What does resting on the seventh day of the week have to do with morals?

edit on 3/2/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
edit on 24-3-2012 by PlasticFork because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join