It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Big Is the U.S. Debt?- Not What You Expect!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is a video that quickly explains the actual debt the US currently owes.

You may be surprised to find that it exceeds the GDP of the entire planet! Over $65 trillion!

edit on 27-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Was it so large you exceeded the maximum amount of allowed characters and blew up the thread?

Edit: I see you fixed the thread, lol. Time to watch the video...

edit on 27-2-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

No, I just have a problem with hitting enter when I shouldn't!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I don't get it.... Are you implying nothingness?

Edit : Nvm, the page just failed to load, disregard.
edit on 27-2-2012 by jonthedit because: Page didn't load

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Can't anyone hear that!?

TIMMMMMBBBERRR!!!!

No wonder they are looking to make some money with this war. Wouldn't it make more economical sense to just take over the planet?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Wouldn't it make more economical sense to just take over the planet?

I think it's safe to say that that's what they are trying to do!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, this sure helps explain why every nation seems to want war more than peace. No one has a solution because there is no solution. What a thought....but heck. The numbers are beyond all reason and possibility for context. All the gold ever mined on Earth has an estimated value in the neighborhood of 7 trillion. Some stories are so bad, it's almost funny. This makes that list.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sick how it's even worse. To bring about being slaves forever under that. But it's okay we live in the moment! Nice Audi dude! All the rhetoric of saying debt is a great thing to help countries has clearly failed.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Wow, Thats actually the closest ive seen to the real number

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

Add in all the money that has "disappeared" or gone to black projects, and we still may not know the real number!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If one small group has all the money and everyone else has none , then none one can play with thier money. what is the point of winning all the money and no one else can play. why no just reset EVERYONES debts to zero and start over. cuz the game is almost over.. i don't forsee the winners to dish out money to everyone to play again.. like starting the game monolopy over.

really what is the point take it all then what?

peace.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

There is no reset button. This is real life.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Personally I don't believe this debt exists, reason why is because if NWO is coming into play wouldn't they want you to have the illusion of this debt existing? The debt is nothing more than numbers on a computer screen. Hell there probably isn't even enough of this paper form for this debt to exist. If you borrow 1 million and only 500k exists, then it's impossible to pay it back because there is only 500k to begin with.

I kinda think all of this is finely engineered. I assure you these people aren't stupid, so don't think they asleep at the wheel. They know damn well what's happening

Now the money I owe to the bank does exist because it's actually in existence. But more money than what's in existence isn't debt. Its ownership.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by timmhaines

There is a reset button! We just have to find the one person that is willing to put down the bong, get off the couch and push it!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The only way for them to keep getting re-elected is to promise free things that we can not pay. We need to change the system also.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The amount of debt the US government has Is impossible to pay back. Even if they taxed every citizen at 100% there wouldnt be enough money to pay back what we owe. It isa very unique and interesting situation. Eventually the interest payments that need to be made will be the entire federal budget, and there is no way to stop it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddlydo
The amount of debt the US government has Is impossible to pay back. Even if they taxed every citizen at 100% there wouldnt be enough money to pay back what we owe. It isa very unique and interesting situation. Eventually the interest payments that need to be made will be the entire federal budget, and there is no way to stop it.
Even if the Government was to use every single dollar in circulation to pay back the debt it wouldn't be enough. That is the result of the FED's debt-based currency. People are just too stupid to realize it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
They could easily solve this problem by completely elininating the IRS, then it wouldn't matter how big the debt was because no one would have to pay for it.

Think about it. Eliminating the Fed is the wrong direction. The Fed is a producer.

What we need to do is eliminate all tax collection, then no one would care how productive the Federal Reserve was
edit on 28-2-2012 by ImpartialObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
Personally I don't believe this debt exists, reason why is because if NWO is coming into play wouldn't they want you to have the illusion of this debt existing? The debt is nothing more than numbers on a computer screen. Hell there probably isn't even enough of this paper form for this debt to exist. If you borrow 1 million and only 500k exists, then it's impossible to pay it back because there is only 500k to begin with.

I kinda think all of this is finely engineered. I assure you these people aren't stupid, so don't think they asleep at the wheel. They know damn well what's happening

Now the money I owe to the bank does exist because it's actually in existence. But more money than what's in existence isn't debt. Its ownership.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

Now you are starting to slightly get an inkling of what's going on. But you still don't get it.

The money you "owe" to the bank did not exist until YOU signed the promissory note that created it.

It IS impossible to ever pay it back. There is more debt already than everything in the world. The only way it ends is with the bank owning EVERYTHING. And we are almost there.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpartialObserver
They could easily solve this problem by completely elininating the IRS, then it wouldn't matter how big the debt was because no one would have to pay for it.

Think about it. Eliminating the Fed is the wrong direction. The Fed is a producer.

What we need to do is eliminate all tax collection, then no one would care how productive the Federal Reserve was
edit on 28-2-2012 by ImpartialObserver because: (no reason given)

The Fed produces NOTHING. The IRS is merely the collection agency and enforcers for the Fed. They are NOT part of the govt.

What exactly do you imagine the Fed "produces"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join