It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class-Action Lawsuit Against Monsanto Is Dismissed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Class-Action Lawsuit Against Monsanto Is Dismissed

dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com

A federal class-action lawsuit brought last year by a consortium of farmers against the agricultural and chemical company Monsanto was dismissed Monday by Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald of Federal District Court.

In Monday’s ruling, the judge said the farmers consortium, the Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association, had no standing to bring such a suit, had not been harmed by the company, and had engaged in “a transparent effort to create a controversy where none exists.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com...

www.chicagotribune.com...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[HUGE] 300.000 Organic Farmers Sue Monsanto In Federal Court!
edit on 27-2-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is the case that was just argued at the end of January.

The judge said that since Monsanto had not sued or started the process of suing any of the plaintiffs there was no basis for the class action suit.

Monsanto said in their defense that they would never file a suit against a farmer who's crops were inadvertently affected by their seeds and the judge thought that "promise should be a source of comfort". Monsanto did file 144 suits between 1997 and 2010.

These are organic farmers who don't want Monsanto seeds in the first place!

But, they are also competition. The cost of these lawsuits could easily damage or destroy their businesses. Now, Monsanto has the legal right to continue the practice.

The big business bully looks to have won this round, although the farmers plan to appeal.

dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

what a shock ... Judge rules in favor of the vandals ... can't wait for dioxins (agent orange) to be all over my corn and in my dairy .... yipeeee (urghhh), hope they get somewhere on appeal .. but not holding my breath.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I dont want to live on this planet anymore.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Daniel B. Ravicher of the Public Patent Foundation, said the decision “to deny farmers the right to seek legal protection from one of the world’s foremost patent bullies is gravely disappointing.” op source

Well, we know who pays the court.

Disgusting.

edit on 27-2-2012 by dreamingawake because: quote added.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Monsanto said in their defense that they would never file a suit against a farmer who's crops were inadvertently affected by their seeds and the judge thought that "promise should be a source of comfort". Monsanto did file 144 suits between 1997 and 2010.

I agree that is pretty much ridiculous. Except..... Hey now..... Monsanto made this little promise in open court, on the record, as a part of their defense argument...eh?

This couldn't have been lost on a Judge... They were all once fairly good lawyers themselves, after all. Dismissing it this time, after that little gem was uttered in court, makes the next round after Monsanto DOES sue someone, a slam dunk finish for the Plantiff's. The Judge may have been crazy as a Fox on this one...and Monsanto may really regret not being more careful about what they said in court. Hmmmmm..... It's possible....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

May her plate be full of GMO for life.
May she and hers be followed by 2, 4-d corn for life.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

can't wait for dioxins (agent orange) to be all over my corn and in my dairy

Yep and a daily dwindling supply of alternatives -- that will assuredly be too expensive anyway!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good thought - you may need to join their legal team on the appeal!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by Maluhia

what a shock ... Judge rules in favor of the vandals ... can't wait for dioxins (agent orange) to be all over my corn and in my dairy .... yipeeee (urghhh), hope they get somewhere on appeal .. but not holding my breath.

Very unfortunate turn for people who eat instead of kill. It's just a matter of Monsatan
backing off and letting the Terminator genes / chemical goodies do their things passively.
What a joke, passively... if anything resembles soft kill more, I'd like to see it on this
site somewhere. Oh wait, our checkerboard sky is normal. Food's second fiddle to air, oops.
Just the same:
it'll be a cold day in wherever before I buy a gallon of that recombinant mutated emulsion
'they' call three dollar milk again. And I've also got a feeling you're trying to produce the
GOOD stuff. And I'll spend the extra money or buy less, to still get the real deal: period.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Maluhia

May her plate be full of GMO for life.
May she and hers be followed by 2, 4-d corn for life.

lol 2, 4-d damage with affliction to Chron's disease.
edit on 27-2-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2012 by dreamingawake because: double post

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I really hope youre right.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

May her plate be full of GMO for life. May she and hers be followed by 2, 4-d corn for life.

If only -- but she'll be languishing around in her new villa in the south of France where they don't do GMO, bought with her *cough* retirement money.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Whats amazing to me is that Monsanto properties have not been burned to the ground. Yeah Monsanto had not harmed the farmers but where did the farmers whom Monsanto did sue harm them? Farking corrupt judges...Sigh! Monsanto is the seat of evil and the tip of the spear in the elites eugenics program to reduce the population.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

We could only wish, however I think what we are seeing is far more than
our typical complicit corporation. Monsanto tops the corporate Hall of Shame for
good reason. They have no conscience. They know only greed, which is the sole
reason for thier existence, unless of course they should be found to be heavily involved
with Eugenics.....Oh wait....

Reminds me of the bankstas...they are never brought to justice. Never.
edit on 27-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Looks to me like the not-so-right and not-so-honourable Buchwald has officially been bought and paid for by our friends at Monsanto. It's absolutely pathetic. They strung us along for how many months, and then they just leave the farmers high and dry. I am seriously starting to really hate these corporations that repetitively get away with murder, and then go back to doing exactly what they were doing before. There is no conscience or ethics among any of these corporate jagoffs, or within the supreme court, either for that matter, as it's just a revolving door between big corporations like Monsanto and legislative positions in the government. Those that make the laws, are now those who stand to profit the most from a law being passed a certain way, or not passed at all. May God have mercy on these people if I ever meet them face to face, as I will not. They deserve no quarter as far as I'm concerned, they are the lowest of the low, and then some lower.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

WHAT?!?! GAAAH

This is such bull#! Every human being on this earth has a right to destroy Monsanto because of the disgusting Eugenics program they have been running.

BS Judge didnt have the balls to fight the New World Order's food/bioweapon arm it would seem...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
And here's a big part of the reason they get away with what they do -- check out this thread from last November -- in case some of you may have missed it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-2-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Monsanto will find new ways to squeeze farmers... and Monsanto may already feel like they had made enough gains already with their aggressive actions. Knowing when to stop seizing ground and bulwark their gains.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join