It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices..Raised... Skyrocketed prices of .10 cents in one day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yesterday I went to go fill up my tank. I believe the gas price at that time was about $3.64 for the regular. Today. I look on the signs and the gas prices jumped to $3.75. Like totally insane. Why so high? This because of what's going on overseas? I thought they were just blocking Europe. They didn't say anything about blocking the US.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I'm assuming the price is per gallon... but don't worry, it's 6 dollars plus here.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Gas price rises ¢10 cents live on air in Los Angeles

It's still Winter in the states, never seen this kind of increase so early in the year before.
By summer it will be $4.50/gall average, poor Alaska and CA.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is just insane. I thought they usually raised the prices right before the elections or some type of before catastrophic cataclysmic event.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All this controversy about tapping into the reserves confuses me. Isn't the whole point of having reserves to have it on hand to lessen the burden on people? Guess I'm just crazy for thinking that.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It's doing the same thing here...and it's a killer. I only drive to and from college across town 4 days a week, but at these prices, it'll add a measurable household budget item we'll have to account for to the end of the semester. Just wait until we see it jump a $1 in a day, not just $0.10. :eek:

Err.... The media and politicians have worked SO hard to perpetrate this total myth of how Iranian oil being cut off doesn't effect us, it's maddening. If, say, Bananaland buys 90% of their Oil from Iran and that accounts for a SERIOUS amount of Oil in global terms (which some of our own Allies do..Japan, South Korea..Etc) and Iranian oil suddenly stops....what happens?

Bananaland starts buying those large amounts from Saudi Arabia and Venezuela or perhaps even the United States...since Obama is just hot to trot for exporting the very things WE seem to be the shortest on here at home. In the end, that missing Iranian Oil comes off the same supply in replacing it that we buy from every day as it is.

Hence... Oil Sanctions on Iran = Increase in World Market Price = Higher Price in Gooberville, Kansas.

If only Politicians and the MSM would stop working so friggen hard to hide that simple equation.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm?

+10c is ONLY a increase of 2.74% on $3.65 / gallon.

In an average US cars petrol tank of 16gallons [60litres] at $3.65/gallon = $58.40c

VERSUS 16gallons at $3.75/gallon = $60.00c

The difference is a mere $1.60c !!!

Personal Disclosure: When prices are increasing at a rate of 5% or more weekly [for several weeks in a row] THEN and only THEN will the term "SKYROCKETED" apply ok.

P.S. In Canberra the cost of petrol is $5.64c/gallon ... and although I don't drive a car I do PAY for petrol to do what I need to do!

This price increase is well within reason.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
All this controversy about tapping into the reserves confuses me. Isn't the whole point of having reserves to have it on hand to lessen the burden on people? Guess I'm just crazy for thinking that.

Even though people are suffering, I dont think this is the point. I believe tapping into our reserves is a last ditch effort. I get the impression that US wants to just use everyone else's oil, and then, when there is no other alternative and their backs are against the wall, then and only then, will it be time to tap those reserves. Its extremely selfish any many will people will struggle but that just feels like the way it is planned. A "trump card" or "Ace in the hole" so to speak. Any other Americans feel this way?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

The National Petro Reserve isn't worth much of anything as a resource to help for pump prices. It's just not meant for that and is woefully short on size to ever try. What we could do is exhaust the supply in keeping prices artifically low for a few months. Maybe 6 months...then we'd be dry. Completely.

At that point, a leader like Chavez could realistically threaten our daily economic well being by simply throwing a temper tantrum. We'd have no margin to even play games for days..and I think that little fact would be a game changer in the worst possible way.

If Oil imports were somehow cut off entirely, the current reserve status would last the US for about 40 days by my figuring. As of 2009, the United States consumed 18.6 Million Barrels of Oil per day. The latest figures say the U.S. Reserve has a full capacity of 727 Million Barrels.

Oil Consumption Levels by nation

National Reserve - Quick History and Current Status

The numbers all sound huge until one puts them into a calculator. Not so impressive then.
I vote we keep the emergency reserve for nothing but dire emergency. It may actually be needed at some point.

edit on 27-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: added links

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

For real? (T&C violation comment) is what I'd like to say here.
You said you don't even own a car? Why don't you just go (T&C violation) the oil companies!

There is no such thing as a "reasonable increase" when it comes to an outdated fuel source that's continuously being used & abused because of the suppression of free energy.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
And to think, the US gets ZERO oil from Iran.

Zero.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Explanation: LMAO!

Here ... get a clue ok!

A load of Hot Air so thick you could cut it! Yes Or No? [Caution: contains maths!] [by OmegaLogos posted on 27-2-2011 @ 03:01 AM] [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: I posted the solution to this problem AGES AGO ... so don't come the raw prawn with me ok!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

ALL THIS DRAMA OVER 10 CENTS?!?!

Brace yourself for the future

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

(posts 10 Youtube water/ hydrogen run car videos)

You don't have to splash me with fancy math equations and fractions, it's been around for decades...water run cars. It can be done, it's not all just BS, amateurs have designed them, still do, and the major comapnies could have been running these out a long long long time ago, not to mention automobiles that don't decay so easily.

If you are promoting the legitimacy of the major auto & oil companies, you aren't going to get any fan fare here.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

For real? (T&C violation comment) is what I'd like to say here.
You said you don't even own a car? Why don't you just go (T&C violation) the oil companies!

There is no such thing as a "reasonable increase" when it comes to an outdated fuel source that's continuously being used & abused because of the suppression of free energy.

I would like to ask every person who is freaking out over the increase in fuel costs this question.

What have you done differently than you were doing last time the prices "skyrocketed"?
I bet most of you will say you have not done much of anything to break your addiction to gasoline in any significant way yet you all whine and cry over this latest price hike event.
Either accept your fate over your inability to change your behavior and addiction to your commutes to work, driving vacations, nonsensical errand runnings, little league and dance class shuttling and mall forays OR break your lazy Ford Explorer/Chevy Suburban ways.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results=insanity.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Well, I sure in heck am not walking over a half an hour to get to school, walking will probably take me an hour and half to get there, then I have to walk back.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Well, I sure in heck am not walking over a half an hour to get to school, walking will probably take me an hour and half to get there, then I have to walk back.
Oh Brother. There's that drama thing again.......

edit on 28-2-2012 by grubblesnert because: little sumtin'extra

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I would like to ask every person who is freaking out over the increase in fuel costs this question.

What have you done differently than you were doing last time the prices "skyrocketed"?

Ahhh.... what have I done differently? I offset my costs by compromising and preparing ahead of time. When prices of fuel rises, I turn to my reserve supply of whatever I need. I use $25 per month in gasoline for my 8 cylinder pick up, which from what I understand of heavy pickups, is pretty good.

I freak out not because of MY situation, but because of OUR situation, that is ever growing worse as time goes by. I try to inspire amateur engineers and mechanics I know, I try to learn myself more efficient systems of energy management. I'll survive months longer than most people when the SHTF, why get angry when supplies run dry?

edit on 28-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join