It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2011 "Political Photo of the Year": RON PAUL!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

He looks thoroughly confused in that picture, as usual.

I like this one better

RP FOR SECRETARY OF TREASURY!!

edit on 28-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

He looks thoroughly confused in that picture, as usual.

I like this one better

RP FOR SECRETARY OF TREASURY!!

edit on 28-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Yes ron paul wont put israel first, he must be loony.

Isarel first America second is the way it needs to be. Right "soldier"?
edit on 28-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Context is everything darlin.

Read the OP again.

Yes, context is everything. But the picture doesn't come with a long, drawn out message about symbolism or what the photographer felt or what message the photographer thought he was giving. So people who have no real idea see:
* this really huge flag
* this guy with a rather inane expression on his face (caught in the act of speaking.) Why that expression -- it's not very flattering to Ron Paul. The photographer was surely taking many photos per second and could have picked one with his mouth closed or with an expression that made him look less inept. I'm sure that fist wasn't up in the air for just 2 microseconds and that's the ONLY shot with the fist.
* the fist is ambiguous. Unless you know about it, you can't tell if it's a fist of support or a fist of opposition because ALL FISTS LOOK ALIKE.

Just for one second (humor me, here) imagine that the image is a tiny "shoulders up" view of Obama with the almost-befuddled expression, with a huge flag as a backdrop and one tiny fist raised in the air and nothing else. Would that be an image of Obama as powerful? As a "boss?" I don't think so.

That's what I'm talking about. If he'd gotten the closeup and a better expression with the fist, it would have been more positive towards Paul.

Coppola's 1970 film, "Patton" shows George C Scott marching up against an equally large flag to deliver the opening lines (one of his famous speeches to the troops.) HOWEVER, it's far more effective (as you can see in the Wikipedia article) -- you see the WHOLE man and he's posed in a military salute. After that, it zooms in to his face, and the flag does ripple in the wind, giving even the stills of the scene a dynamic feel.

This photo isn't as good as many other "photo of the year" photos. I think the World Press Photo of the Year is FAR more powerful. www.worldpressphoto.org...

Of course, since it doesn't include Ron Paul, it might not do anything for you. But in terms of composition and story, it's far better.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Heh he looks like a deer caught in a car's headlights. Priceless photo for sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Great pic, glad it won. Let's hope P'Diddy does'nt claim it for his new network .Or sue the poor guy whos hand that is for not getting a release from Mr.Diddy.

On a serious note, Mr.Paul looks a little frail in this particular pic.. TPTB can't have a"frail ole man" being Potus. I want him to be, you want him to be. It want be. He'll get the shuck & jive and we all know it.. I will vote for the man, if he makes it .

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I have a little hunch that's because its supposed to be an insult to Ron Paul's supporters but if anyone says anything about the big American flag its unpatriotic huh? Just what, exactly, does the photographer mean to symbolize with the flag? The establishment or the American people and their respective states? Hmmm

Smells like propaganda in the form of a light jab. Washington is basically calling your everyday joe small and insignificant, I thought all men were created equal? This is classic, CLASSIC propaganda to hurt morale of Ron Paul supporters and make him a cheap laugh of someone who doesn't care enough to know what hes about.

I don't see how anyone could look at that picture, think about where it came from and not think that.
edit on 28-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Yes ron paul wont put israel first, he must be loony.

Isarel first America second is the way it needs to be. Right "soldier"?

I hear you my friend. It amazes me how some people think like that. I wonder if they are not frauds? Back to my main point of responding to you. I really doubt you will get a response from a yes man, robot like that though. I mean, what is he gonna say? "No, You're wrong!'.

Well if he did, then he would no longer be a useful tool. However, if he said that you were correct, Then he would expose himself as a traitor to not only his own Country, but to the Men who he knows, serves or served with that secretly harbor the same thoughts and beliefs as you and I do about what comes first, and that's The United States of America! I wager on him cutting out and running instead of answering your question.

However mayabong, if he does come back with some scripted retort, I would follow up with asking him his feelings about our brothers who were slaughtered by Israel on The USS Liberty?

I do support Israel defending herself against anyone who wishes to harm her. I just love my own Country America, and I am sick of the 24/7 Middle East media bombardment that we have to deal with day in and day out.

What I mean is, when it all comes down to true National Security and not some fabricated Joke on Terra with open borders here at home that can never be won, All I care about is the truth and putting The United States of America first. Of course that's only cause I am an American. I care alot about the people of the World as well. I honestly do. Just my take on it. ~SheopleNation

edit on 28-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I don't care for the image. Ron looks too small. We need something more powerful and patriotic. Just my opinion, nothing personal my friend.

On another note. I love Ninjas because I was one as a kid. Alot of fence walking and spying back then. Course, kids will get shot these days.

I also like the State of Texas and anything Cowboy up, even though I was born and raised in Northern California where alot of Cowboys are (that's why Hank Williams Jr mentioned us in his classic song "A Country Boy can survive"). Alot of folks don't realize how much land is up here and how many true Cowboys tend it.

Love Texas though, and the food as well. And at the end of the day, I absolutley love Elton John's song "Tiny Dancer". Reminds me of when I was a young buck pony in the early 70's. Just saying. ~SheopleNation

edit on 28-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So, you DON'T believe in constitutional limits on state and federal governments? And you don't believe in liberty and freedom for citizens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join