It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Solar Eruptions in 2 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Searched and didn't see anybody that posted this article so thought I'd just throw this out there. Five CMEs in 48 hours maybe thats why the skys been so many different colors the last few days. Whens this solar maximum supposed to be?

www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
check this .gif of the past 4 days out. Beautiful .

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Any aimed at us?...if so I'm jealous of all the other amateur photographer living in those privy location who'll go aurora hunting

edit on 27-2-2012 by jesiaha because: ferking spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

Two of them were aimed in our general direction im pretty sure, one of them hit yesterday around 4 pm.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Cool! I love the sun and what it does.I wonder what happens to the actual solar matter that is ejected off the sun? I see big chunks flying away in different directions.Does it cool and harden in the coldness of space? does it keep flying through the universe after its ejected? Does it just fall back into the sun because of the extreme gravity? Lots of questions. Good thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't really think this is unusual. The sun has been heating-up certainly for the last few years. Things are still going to get more intense. Most of the activity at the moment is in the north hemisphere, I believe the southern side needs to also pick up in activity THEN we can say we are getting near solar maximum. We're not there yet.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
yeah i think everything is ok with our sun. haha in fact its freezing right now...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
5 solar eruptions, one planetary alignment and a 6.7 EQ in Siberia. Correlations? You be the judge.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

Well its been 60 around me and I'm pretty far north, it's not even March yet.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

Texas has hit record highs. In fact, it was 84 degrees just last week here. That's very unusual if you ask me.

top topics

join