It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster crowd for Ron Paul, Michigan State University Auditorium

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
reply to post by TKDRL

To be fair, I am reffering to a debate from 2008- but I haven't given him a second thought since. And yes, he was advocating for total isolationism!

If you believe Paul is an isolationist, you need to do some reading on isolationism vs. non-interventionalism.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Because Ron Paul doesn't limit attendance to his events, he must be the most popular candidate? I think a much more telling method for measuring candidate popularity might be in the vote totals. Ron Paul sounds pretty good on quite a few issues, but the only one that stands out in my mind is his total isolationism in the face of foreign policy (because I disagree with total isolationism). If Paul is such a great choice, tell me several of his policies that have helped to win your admiration, but exclude his foreign policy and his push to audit the Fed- does he have any?

First, I had no idea candidates were limiting attendance at their events. If so, maybe Paul is being
clever and allowing standing-room-only and long lines for the sake of appearance.

On the second question...For me, I'm not so sure my support for Ron Paul is policy driven. I could
name a few, but my interest in his campaign is more about his character and his courage to stand
firm on his convictions. As for his policies, his strict constitutional stance is the one I find myself
most aligned with.

Because, regardless of what you hear people say about what a great nation we have and how proud
they are to be American, this nation simply would not exist without the foresight of our nation's
founders and their carefully worded document that we base our government upon. My fear is that
we have strayed too far from the guiding principles that our founders envisioned.

Many laws have been passed in the last few decades that have eroded our constitution to the point
that our protected rights such as privacy, liberty, assumed innocence until proven guilty, etc. are
becoming a thing of the past. I believe we need to strike down unconstitutional law with malice.
That "god-damn" piece of paper that George W Bush so eloquently referred to is what made this country
great...and it is what will keep us that way.

edit on 28-2-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

I just googled Ron Paul on illegal immigration- He says that we have an illegal immigration problem because we have a poor immigration system. He says we need to make it easier for people to immigrate here. Thanks, another reason I don't like Paul! I think his domestic policy is pretty mainstream with the rest of the Republican Party, so he isn't really offering any meaningful reform- atleast not in domestic policy.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ron Paul campaign live
edition.cnn.com.../3

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I just googled Ron Paul on illegal immigration- He says that we have an illegal immigration problem because we have a poor immigration system. He says we need to make it easier for people to immigrate here. Thanks, another reason I don't like Paul! I think his domestic policy is pretty mainstream with the rest of the Republican Party, so he isn't really offering any meaningful reform- atleast not in domestic policy.

True that, everybody in the Republican party wants to put an end to the Federal Reserve, end the War on Drugs, and cut 1 trillion dollars from the budget in one year

edit on 28-2-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Wow, our beliefs are nearly identical- so why is it that we disagree on Ron Paul? I'm sorry, I just don't think that Ron Paul is a viable solution, though the sentiment he is stirring may very well be.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
First of all, I support ron Paul. Second, I'm a realist.
He draws big crowds because his fans are mostly the groupie fanatic types, the type that like to make themselves heard. This always happens with someone who is radically different from the rest. This doesn't necessarily mean that he is popular, in fact if everything stays the same, he's very unlikely to win. True, none of the other candidates have ideals that make people wear their t-shirt, thats because their ideals don't attract the kind of people that would wear a tshirt with their favorite candidates name, for the most part.

Ron Paul has a few fans, but those fans are hardcore fans. None of the other candidates have them. This gives you the illusion that he's ahead.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

Octoshape Grid Delivery, why does CNN want me to install this. The paranoid part of me says hmmmmmm
Oh the stream still works if I click no, yay

edit on Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:58:49 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saveliberty2012really
reply to post by mrnotobc

There is only one problem with Ron Paul he is being screwed out of his votes by the rigged election system. I am saying that we must now fight harder than ever to get him into office spread these truths, Ron Paul will abolish the IRS and TSA if elected. Fight for Paul now or forever lose the rights of this and the next generation.

I'd be willing to bet he'd also choose his FCC Chairman very well - its no wonder media shuns him, most of them already know they'd find themselves standing in an unemployment line PDQ instead of spreading these lies if he squeeked in.

And I'm willing to bet he'd be able to come up with a better system of counting votes than Diebold.

But getting him in there to do the stuff that needs to be done can't be done because of the way its done.

link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

Illegal imigration is not the same as legal immigration. Thats where most people fail to understand him.

link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by mrnotobc

Exactly. Sir , the world isn't pretty. You will fall if you don't have the guts to ensure your ideology and prosperity is defended.

America is scarely identical to Rome in regards to our potential to fall. You dont expand your influence and then just pull it all back and consolidate and 'hope for the best'.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
edit on 28-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

And you sir, are very naive in assuming that simply because Ron Paul takes office that we would do so. RP would not board up the white house windows, nor cut communications, nor would he blindly turn his back on our allies and trade partners. Its delusional and fear mongering to suggest such things. This is very a very typical and tired arguement that has been used over and over and frankly I grow tired of it. We have a strong foothold and influence on the world and we are networked together more than ever. RP knows this. His supporters know this. The troops know this. He also knows this is insistainable and we need to do something different.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

i dont see where you are gonig with this? i didnt even metnion his demestic policy. Call his views mainstream if you want, its logical. Can you list some other reasons you dont like Ron? Who do you think will help our people out?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney

reply to post by TKDRL

If you believe Paul is an isolationist, you need to do some reading on isolationism vs. non-interventionalism.

Ooops, sorry! The kettle is not black, it's a deep shade of charcoal.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Because Ron Paul doesn't limit attendance to his events, he must be the most popular candidate? I think a much more telling method for measuring candidate popularity might be in the vote totals. Ron Paul sounds pretty good on quite a few issues, but the only one that stands out in my mind is his total isolationism in the face of foreign policy (because I disagree with total isolationism). If Paul is such a great choice, tell me several of his policies that have helped to win your admiration, but exclude his foreign policy and his push to audit the Fed- does he have any?

You do know its 2012 and in today's age total isolationism isnt possible. Furthermore RP does not claim to be a isolationist. You should really read up on Dr Paul before spreading missinformation (ie repeating what the msm or someone told you)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney

True that, everybody in the Republican party wants to put an end to the Federal Reserve, end the War on Drugs, and cut 1 trillion dollars from the budget in one year

edit on 28-2-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

NO, he doesn't say we need to make it easier for people to immigrate here! He says we need to eliminate all the programs that encourage them to come here.

The rest of the candidates want to build a border fence, but Paul doesn't - he wants the troops who are now guarding the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan to come home and guard OUR border.

Me? Yeah, I'm all for a fence. But I want my fence to block that damned revolving door between Washington DC and Wall Street. Or just tear that thing down down and build a great big rebar enforced continuous pour concrete WALL there. Maybe include a moat. With a pyrhana or two.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
why do we have to always put a label on something? all the repulicans? the simple fact is its all about the front. Pretend you are going to care about this or that. tell everybody what they wanna hear. change your views after you tell the person or group before you something different. all the canidates on the ballot lie for a living. Ron Paul is the one exception. the facts are facts Paul is overwhelmingly winning every where he goes. he is a honest and respectable man. not a greedy selfcentered man. he doesnt treat us as caged brain dead babies.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FJKchristain

Could you clear up something for me? What did you mean by:

the facts are facts Paul is overwhelmingly winning every where he goes.

Where is he winning? It would be easier for me to support him if I thought he had a chance of winning.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by FJKchristain

Could you clear up something for me? What did you mean by:

the facts are facts Paul is overwhelmingly winning every where he goes.

Where is he winning? It would be easier for me to support him if I thought he had a chance of winning.

He is winning the delegates, thats what matters, but the media will not tell you the correct numbers.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

he beat me to it! every number you see on the news is just to have you think the way they want you. why vote for him if he has a chance of winning? vote for him for his love in liberty so we can once again be free and have have freedom!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

Dear Conar,

Fair enough, thanks. Where can I go to see the real delegate count? And I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but how does he win the delegates if he's not winning the vote? Anyway, thanks for the help.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join