It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster crowd for Ron Paul, Michigan State University Auditorium

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Everywhere I go on the web it is nothing but Ron Paul this, Ron Paul that...etc.
He seems to be the only Republican candidate anybody anywhere cares anything about.
People either seem to be fanatically in love him, or seem to be scared of him. There's not
alot of in between. If anyone is sitting on the fence it seems to be the people who declare
that he is un-electable, or that his following of supporters are all drug addicted "johns"
who want universal prostitutes instead of universal health care.

You can hardly find one Romney or Gingrich supporter on the web. Every video or
post that is anti Ron Paul is flagged down. Every video or post that is pro Ron Paul is flagged up
and starred and spammed with supporters.

There are only two presidential candidates that anybody seems to have any passion for--.
and that is either Ron Paul or Barrack Obama.

...and the Obama supporters are just as fervent as the Paul supporters.

The country seems divided in half.

Romney and Gingrich and Santorum seem like also-rans.

Unless the MSM and Diebold can force the issue it will be Paul vs Obama.

I sadly don't think anyone can beat Obama anyway. He has enough support that the
vote can be manipulated in his favor without too much trouble. TPTB may not even
have to resort to falsifying the real vote.

Ron Paul is only popular on the internet, the country certainly isn't divide in half. Romney vs Obama for me.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Virgina rally live on CNN stream. Should be happening any minute now.

Click here
edit on 28-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just voted for Ron Paul here in Michigan

It actually felt good when I marked the ballot this time around.

And it hasn't been that way for many many years

Finally someone with class, that upholds the highest document in the land, hasn't flip-flopped on positions, and isn't in bed with large corporations/lobbyist's.

edit on 28-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm so pi$$ed I missed Ron Paul's meeting up here in WA. I've been getting a lot of phone calls from his campaign and I'm trying to get involved but it's so hard.

Here in WA we can only vote for a Republican or Democrat. And so when the time comes I can only go to ONE place in western WA (or maybe King County) to vote for him. ONLY ONE FREAKIN PLACE WILL HAVE HIS NAME ON THE BALLOT!!!

This makes me mad because I know plenty of young people are going to come over to the elementary school close to where I live by and won't see his name on the box so will be like "screw that, I guess I hafta vote for the lesser of two evils...".

Stupid non-primary state...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

So you couldn't find a video of your man with a crowd? I bet you looked though. Don't worry, there's still time.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

I think the video in my first post proves you wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I can't wait till i'm proven correct again when he flops in the caucus.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by blamethegreys

What you don't understand is that Ron Paul would hand power to the elite, the top 1%, by deregulating business and allowing monopolies.

The problem with the system is that it's been corrupted by business. Giving it completely over to business isn't the solution.

You keep spouting this non sense with no idea how the market works. The regulators now are the people who they are suppose to be regulating, they are one of the same and protect the interests of their friends. It's way worse now with the regulations imposed. You realize the rating agencies all gave all the banks triple A ratings days before the housing market collapsed, right? The regulators are not 3rd parties, they are all interconnected.

In theory, I agree, regulation is needed, but not when friends are regulating each other. Obama has more Goldman Sachs employees on his staff than any president in history, they write the laws.
edit on 28-2-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Virgina rally live on CNN stream. Should be happening any minute now.

Click here

Also just a few min ago, one of the speakers at the rally asked everybody to spread out to both sides of the room because the fire marshall wasn't allowing any more people in.
Nope, nobody supports Ron Paul, he has such a SMALL group of supporters.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah it's nothing but a few internet hackers eh?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Because Ron Paul doesn't limit attendance to his events, he must be the most popular candidate? I think a much more telling method for measuring candidate popularity might be in the vote totals. Ron Paul sounds pretty good on quite a few issues, but the only one that stands out in my mind is his total isolationism in the face of foreign policy (because I disagree with total isolationism). If Paul is such a great choice, tell me several of his policies that have helped to win your admiration, but exclude his foreign policy and his push to audit the Fed- does he have any?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
I can't wait till i'm proven correct again when he flops in the caucus.

its not a game?

flop or not, he is causing change among people with his ideas and real solutions.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienStalker
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

The bottom line is Paul won.......and TPTB are trying to control the answer to who "Really" WON so the answer......IDK....I Am waiting on a response to that.......

THE BOTTOM LINE is: Ron Paul won Maine. He won Iowa, he won every state he has ever been in........

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY BESIDES THAT?
edit on 28-2-2012 by AlienStalker because: had to fix first line

Why are you hollerin'?
You act as though I said something anti-Paul when I said nothing of the kind.
All I said was, "what different does it make how large his crowds are when in the end votes don't count."

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

Where do you folks get this isolationism idea from? Seriously, show me a speech where Ron is advocating that? Diplomacy instead of aggressive military action is not isolationism.....

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
Ron Paul sounds pretty good on quite a few issues, but the only one that stands out in my mind is his total isolationism in the face of foreign policy (because I disagree with total isolationism).

We need to get our own backyard in order before we can preach at, or help anyone else. The USA is an EPIC fail on many levels.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

There is only one problem with Ron Paul he is being screwed out of his votes by the rigged election system. I am saying that we must now fight harder than ever to get him into office spread these truths, Ron Paul will abolish the IRS and TSA if elected. Fight for Paul now or forever lose the rights of this and the next generation.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
Because Ron Paul doesn't limit attendance to his events, he must be the most popular candidate? I think a much more telling method for measuring candidate popularity might be in the vote totals. Ron Paul sounds pretty good on quite a few issues, but the only one that stands out in my mind is his total isolationism in the face of foreign policy (because I disagree with total isolationism). If Paul is such a great choice, tell me several of his policies that have helped to win your admiration, but exclude his foreign policy and his push to audit the Fed- does he have any?

his budget alone is enough to have my vote. ***
his policy on states rights (religion, education, guns, etc)
his policy on currency
his policy on the free market
his policy on fed aid.

do any research on him, he has stood by his word for many of decades.
i urge write him with questions and concerns, he will personally write you back.
(that alone is more than i can say about any other candidtate)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

To be fair, I am reffering to a debate from 2008- but I haven't given him a second thought since. And yes, he was advocating for total isolationism!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Wife and I just did the same!
his name was the first one on the ballot in my district, I thought to myself "sweet already number one"

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Awesome stuff! Paul has the most enthusiasm, without a doubt. The problem is sheer numbers, which are being driven away SOLELY by media mind-programming/indoctrination/propoganda. If the media treated Paul the way they treat the others, I think he would win without much difficulty at all. He still can, though. Don't let the media make you think otherwise. He has a very good shot. Paul's campaign strategy is DELEGATES, and he is right up near first in terms of delegates. The media is acting like the Straw Poll is what matters, instead of delegates. Simultaneously, they are putting up blatantly false delegate counts, to make it seem like Paul is doing worse than he is. I ask that you do not be fooled by media disinformation techniques.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Paul beats obama nationally in the latest rasmussen poll, so this "Paul is unelectable" stuff is clearly nonsense.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join