It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Remove Your YouTube Viewing and Search History Before Google’s New Privacy Policy Takes Eff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How To Remove Your YouTube Viewing and Search History Before Google’s New Privacy Policy Takes Effect:
gizmoto.com

You might caught the ats thread on clearing your google search history, but did you think too or know how to delete your YouTube viewing, and search history?

I didn't until Gizmodo reminded me.

Here's how:

1. Log in to your Google account.

2. Go to www.youtube.com...

3. Click on your icon.

4. Click "Video Manager"

5. Click "History"

6. Click "Clear all viewing history."

7. Click "Pause viewing history."

8. Click "Search History."

9. Click "Clear all search history."

10. Click "Pause search history."

Make sure you do this before March 1st!!!

Thank you Gizmodo!

Make sure you click the link to Gizmodo above, they have nice pictures outlining each step too.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder, forgot to clear my Youtube.

I think our "search history" would be more incriminating than our "watch history" though. Sometimes I click on ridiculous things because I was snagged by the title. I also like going back into my watched history for some obscure video I came across, I'd like to keep that stuff unpaused.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You should pause the history before clearing it. I noticed the option to pause goes away after you have cleared it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
done and done

thanks for the reminder

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
nvm, figured it out -
Man I haven't checked my acct for months and the new format kinda sucks. Is there an option to get the old one back?

Thanks for the tip

edit on 27-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

no the new layout is what they have decided is best, and soon it will be the only style(right now you can choose)

i hate it

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Done, and found an old account I had neglected.
Sneaky ...they stored stuff I have no clue how they did that!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
or:

Just delete your google account

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Unless they're interested in me having searches for high quality, album versions of metal songs or wrestling matches/promos, I don't think I need to worry.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have been watching this thread since yesterday hoping someone would come along and explain why this might be necessary or desireable to do. I suppose anybody's history might show some bizarre searches or plays if they were just surfing for entertainment. In my case, if any law agency were to explore my history they may have to conclude I lead a boring life.

What in their new privacy policy would make this necessary? Does YouTube let post videos that are incriminating to watch?

new topics

top topics

join