It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

being abducted by a strange unknown force is farcical

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dejarmaX

Try telling one of the ATS mods that their experiences was a delusion for attention.

Not gonna say who because I respect privacy but to cast such a huge sweeping assumption is wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If it ever happens to you I can't wait for you to come on this site and tell us all about it. Think on that, what would you say to convince us?

STM

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I saw a woman covered in bruises like she's been dragged and held down. She claimed it happened during an alien encounter. Her friend backed her up because she was there too. Her son backed her up because he was there too. A fourth witness couldn't be there because she was hysterical in hospital. I shook my head and waved them away after a few cups of tea. I lost my light bulbs and had an out of body experience before their seats had gone cold. Then my leccy went off at the mains. Then my son came crying out of bed because he saw a ball of light flying around the bedroom. Then...

ah, there's no point in telling any more. You're right, there's nothing there.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The so called abductions only ever happen when a person is sleeping or near sleep, yet these experiences seems so real to the claimant that to them it is real. It usually happens in the the hypnogogic state of between sleep and awake and this is the time when what you see in your mind feels as real as reality itself. That's all it is.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Come on, Klassified, surely you have researched this?

Of course I have. Read my post again. Did you think I was supporting the OP? Not likely. I don't question the validity of some abduction cases. My only question has always been; Who is doing the abducting?

ET? Maybe. But I see something a little more nefarious and terrestrial in a portion of these cases.

edit on 2/28/2012 by Klassified because: reword

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply again.

I completely agree that after all those years it is difficult to continually offer the benefit of doubt, and it becomes harder still to maintain interest in a field that does seem to have become filled up with a lot of Hoaxers over the last 10 or 15 years. I don't understand the motivation behind hoaxing though as I don't see any positives coming from it.

.............................................................................................................................

Originally posted by 0rbital
The so called abductions only ever happen when a person is sleeping or near sleep, yet these experiences seems so real to the claimant that to them it is real. It usually happens in the the hypnogogic state of between sleep and awake and this is the time when what you see in your mind feels as real as reality itself. That's all it is.

Agreed that this could apply to many such scenarios, although it cannot apply to all night time encounters. And certainly does not apply at all to daylight encounters, of which there are many in the records.

Personal sharing...

I had a couple daylight encounters in the early 70's. I also had a few night time encounters, some of which did confuse me at the time.. as is to be expected experiencing something the world says cannot exist.

But one in particular stands out to me from when I was 12 years old. It was night time, and I found myself walking along the road near our house which was in the country at that time. Despite having been to bed and gone to sleep prior to this.. the thing that stood out most and that let me know it was really happening was how cold and damp the grass was on my bare feet. This was not a dream sensation, it was a real sensation as I was awake and fully aware of my surroundings.. and the big bright object sitting on the road in front of me.

I do not wish to share the rest of what happened that night.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Try telling one of the ATS mods that their experiences was a delusion for attention.

Not gonna say who because I respect privacy but to cast such a huge sweeping assumption is wrong.
It's just an 'opinion' via many years of interest.... Isn't one allowed an 'opinion' in here?? I'm sure the mods can speak for themselves & have no need for your help.. All due respect
edit on 10-3-2012 by dejarmaX because: spillin mistook

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join