It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put down your guns, and tell them im not doing this anymore!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It seems that most people must have their faces stomped to the ground before they are able to see the dirt. That is the sad truth...but don't fret that time is soon coming.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
imageshack.us...
Embed please

edit on 28-2-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Some people are just born to kill other people
They are born, bred, and raised to do this.
It is their will and it is all that they may be good at.
The smart ones will find their way to do this "legally"
and with praise from those that surround them.
You may not like it. You may not accept it.
It will still affect you.

Thanks for the good read.
I wish what you said could be that simple.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienorgy

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
The problem is I've read comments from people on this very site (soldiers?) that say that they would hang anyone who decides to bail out on their fellow soldiers.

thats because their brain washing is thorough

And the WTC 9/11 was a test. It was "if we can get people, Americans, the world to believe that this was a terrorist attack, we've got 'em." Kinda like Oklahoma City was the PSAT and 9/11 was the SAT. Waco was us getting sent to the principal's office.

The brainwashing is basically complete, our government through the MSM has us by the short hairs. Don't stand up to them, they have the IRS, ATF, FBI, DIA, CIA, NSA, ETC. at their disposal. Now if we all stood up at once...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by Jay-morris

How about this:

Most of the time these "brainwashed" individuals see these things up close and personal. They understand it much better than most.

If the military just gave up and quit, what does that solve? It is the vast majority of Americans not in uniform who are too uniformed, too cowardice, too detached, or whatever to make a difference. Like Occupy was anything? Please.

If Americans don't like where our military is sent, then why did THEY send them there through the voice (or lack there of) of their elected representative? If they do not agree with the decision and do nothing, then THEY failed as citizens. Now people want the military to quit to make up for THEIR failure. Talk about chasing bad money with good. Sorry, not happening.

I would say first (s)elected representatives aren't representing the interests of Americans at all, they are simply representing the financial interests of those that paid for them to be there. Too, The American 'people' didn't send anyone into war based on lies, I don't recall having a vote in the matter.

And of course that's why America had to have the blatant false flag of 9-11 as well to try and rally a generally peacefull citizenry into the fraud, destruction, waste and theft by those who use war for profit and further control.

And actually I think it is many people in the military itself that are tired of the lies and theft, I think it shows well when Ron Paul the only reasonably sensible candidate IMo on foreign policy has the largest backing of our service men and women. Think about that and what it says.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

BRAAAVO!!! Ive actualy been thinking bout making a thread like this,and you said it so well! If EVERY soldier in EVERY army threw down their guns tonight and stated to their leaders:"We shall be your cannon fodder NO MORE! Get on some gloves,get in a boxing ring and sort out your own #!"...then by tomorrow morning we,d be living in a very different and better world..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alienorgy

there not just getting rid of non combat related MOS's they are slimming down on all MOS's combat and non combat

back to the OP, most people actually do realize what is going on in the world today and in our country they just tend to turn the other cheek because they know that no matter what they say nothing will change

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Bravo! Reminded me of this as I was reading it...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Its good to read posts from people who feel the same as me.
But still, we are the minority. Are more and more people
waking up? Yes, i believe so.

Before the internet, the media had an easy job to lie and decieve.
But now that has changed. Alternative media must really worry
these criminals, because they realise that people can get information
from the internet, without having to rely on the mainstream media.

Maybe we should do something about it, but what, i dont know.
I have tried to awake people, but alot of them are having none of
it because they get their news from tv and newspapers, which are
basically filled with crap!

I have a five month old daughter. I was watching her play the other day.
I thought to myself that she does not know about the pain and horror
in the real world. When she is a bit older, she will be surrounded by children
characters, from cartoons to toys, teddies etc These fun loving characters
that paint a caring, loving world.

Then i thought about the children and babies that are murdered, injured
all over the world.Im not ashamed to admit it, but i cried. I am quite an
emotional person, and sometimes when i think about these things, its like
i can feel it, see it.

I mean, these people are basically in charge of this planet. This small group
of people have managed to dumb down most of the population. These groups
of people spend trillions on weapons, money that could benefit the world.

This is not their world, its our world. We should not let them decide who lives and
who dies. we are greater than them, but we just cant see it. We blindly follow them
like they are mini gods.They are just human, like me and you.

Difference is, they want war, they dont care how many people die. All they care about is power,
money, and control.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Its good to read posts from people who feel the same as me.
But still, we are the minority. Are more and more people
waking up? Yes, i believe so.

Before the internet, the media had an easy job to lie and decieve.
But now that has changed. Alternative media must really worry
these criminals, because they realise that people can get information
from the internet, without having to rely on the mainstream media.

Maybe we should do something about it, but what, i dont know.
I have tried to awake people, but alot of them are having none of
it because they get their news from tv and newspapers, which are
basically filled with crap!

I have a five month old daughter. I was watching her play the other day.
I thought to myself that she does not know about the pain and horror
in the real world. When she is a bit older, she will be surrounded by children
characters, from cartoons to toys, teddies etc These fun loving characters
that paint a caring, loving world.

Then i thought about the children and babies that are murdered, injured
all over the world.Im not ashamed to admit it, but i cried. I am quite an
emotional person, and sometimes when i think about these things, its like
i can feel it, see it.

I mean, these people are basically in charge of this planet. This small group
of people have managed to dumb down most of the population. These groups
of people spend trillions on weapons, money that could benefit the world.

This is not their world, its our world. We should not let them decide who lives and
who dies. we are greater than them, but we just cant see it. We blindly follow them
like they are mini gods.They are just human, like me and you.

Difference is, they want war, they dont care how many people die. All they care about is power,
money, and control.

I understand what you're saying, and yes it does seem that way, however I would just add I'm not so sure "we" are a minority anymore, maybe 10 years ago, maybe only even a few, but nowdays I run into more and more people who I think are starting to look outside of their little bubble worlds and see there is so much more, and maybe they should pay a little more attention and I think they are.

And yes isn't it amazing, I am confident society has all of the ability, materials, and knowledge to create a near Utopia. at least in comparison to what we have now. But instead of designing things to succeed, things seemed designed intentionally to fail as it is much more lucrative for a Few.

How do you transform a world built nearly exclusively on profit from sickness, disease, injury, crime, war, death,confinement and usury, etc. into one built on their opposites? What could ever force or even persuade those who obscenely profit from the misery to change course?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

How do you transform a world built nearly exclusively on profit from sickness, disease, injury, crime, war, death,confinement and usury, etc. into one built on their opposites? What could ever force or even persuade those who obscenely profit from the misery to change course?

How do we do this? I really dont know
These people
pretty much have us where they want us. But what if
people suddenly did turn around and say "im not doing
this anymore" including militery people. Without militery
backing, that would pretty much make them usless.

But we would all have to be in this together. Brainwashed
people are the only thing holding us back from really making
a difference. I with i could speak to all the leaders, in one room,
and tell them how i feel about their so called leadership.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I really like this video. I find it very powerful!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

The problem is I've read comments from people on this very site (soldiers?) that say that they would hang anyone who decides to bail out on their fellow soldiers.

I'd like to see those comments. It's one thing to "leave a fallen comrade", or bail/do something stupid in a combat zone compromising others, but it's an entirely different and rational thing to question the campaigns we are involved in. I have heard this line of thinking before in person though, and it's true often enough their thought process doesn't go far beyond that of the "engage and destroy all enemies" mentality. Unfortunately this mentality can reach very high up in ranks, too.

Luckily for us there are a number of veterans doing their part to shine light on the reality of things though.

It was a long time ago, I'm not sure "exactly" what I read but it was something like that, it was during a discussion on a soldier injuring himself so he can leave Iraq. You see all sorts of comments over the years.

edit on 1-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Yes...the American voting public did send troops into Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, or where ever. Sorry, either through their action or inaction they did. No escape from that fact. The military follows the directives of their civilian over seers. Those civilians are put into office by a voting public.

As far as I can tell, the Constitution is still the law of the land or has that changed? If Americans feel they are not represented, that is a function of their cowardice and/or laziness. It is too easy to abdicate any responsibility and claim the government is at fault or in this case the military should quite. Absolutely pathetic. Those who claim this are just as guilty as any war crime they decry.

I agree with Ron Paul but highly doubt he will get elected. Heck, we already have primary fraud and we have not even made it to the general election yet. Again, the "peaceful citizenry" do not care nor are they concerned. Totally oblivious to anything but their own gratification. As far as I can tell, freedom comes with responsibility, it's not a free ride on the bus.

Disclaimer: I happen to be one of those military personnel who has been to all these neat-o spots all over the world this country does not send me to. Amazing how I get there, time and time again. You know what would happen if I quit? I would be sent to a really cool military prison made by American tax payer dollars and you would not even know my name nor care.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

As they should , these people joined knowing the score and to put your brothers life on the line because all of a sudden you grew a conscience . If one joins for all the perks and bails out when the rough gets going and it endangers a fellow soldiers life , they should et the full extent of what's coming to them and if it costs another soldier their life then theirs should be forfeited for this transgression. I am not talking about a soldier becoming shell shocked but of one that just quits because he does not want to do this anymore . The time to voice that is not on the battlefield.

The wars we are fighting today are in my opinion not justified but soldiers join knowing they will have to fight so fight they should . we should pull out of Afganistan and when we went in they should have gone in full boar ,done the job and to out , but it seems profitable to sum to drag feet and place innocents in harms way.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

So basically you are one of those cowards that begged for war with your logic .

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Its not just about America, its about the world. America
is just one country of many. And most people dont realise
the crap their governments get up to because they are
brainwashed 24/7. If people did actually wake up, then
we could stop these pointless wars that make certain people
rich, but kills thousands at the same time. We could stop the
trillions that go into making weapons that kill millions, and use
that money towards advancements in technoligy that could
help us as a race to move forwards.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 4-3-2012 by Cataclysm because: photo correction

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

What on earth are you talking about?

Present a point versus just randomly joining words together in an attempt to make it sound coherent.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I whole wholeheartedly agree. The US is but one of many players in the game. Granted a big one, but singular none the less. I agree war is a racket. If most people comprehended the scale of that racket, perhaps they would be more motivated to do something about it. I agree if the billions spent on the war were put to positive use, we would indeed be a little better off.

My concern is that this latest escapade is not the first time a few have profited off the many through the vehicle of war. This is a common theme throughout history, over and over again. Is peace not as profitable? Does the fear war produces more effective at opening up the purse strings?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join