It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put down your guns, and tell them im not doing this anymore!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This site alone shows you that many people are brainwashed
by their government. We see the world around us falling to bits,
and most people seem oblivious to it. They are more interested
it the latest celeb gossip, how well their sport team is doing, watching
the latest soap opra etc

If you insult their government, then you are insulting their country. Its
a brainwashing technique that has been used for years and years.
Most people seem completly blind with most of the events
happening around the world today.

We have been brainwashed from a young age to love
our country. To fight and die for your country, and the
people telling you this are the ones living in big houses
who will never see war, and most of the time make some
sort of profit while people die in these pointless wars.

Cant the people who fight for "their country" not see this?
Do they really belive they are fighting for their country?

Again, it comes down to brainwashing from a young age.
Be it through tv, or government propaganda.

What would happen if people put down their guns and said
im not doing this anymore?

The people running this world are power hungry, money hungry,
arragont human beings who dont give a crap about me, you, or
the people who die in these pointless wars.

These people decide to invade another country, and we say "okay"
These few people that run this planet have a hold on us, and are
willing to cause pain, death, and destruction for their course.

We outnunber these criminals, but they say jump, and we say
how high!

At the end of the day, its not about countries. Its not about who
has the biggest guns, and the most power. Its about us, as human
beings living on this planet.

This planet is my home, not my country. I just wish everyone was
awake to this, instead of being walking zombies!

The place that these people are taking us, is going to be a very dark
place, and before we realise, it will be too late.

edit on 27-2-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's probably going to take a good 15-20 years to reverse the damage done from the propaganda brainwashing. They're not done yet though, it's going to get a lot worse than it is now, and people will be more apathetic and more ignorant as it worsens. No worries though, because the coming Baseball season is looking to be a good one, and next year's Super Bowl will have even better commercials and halftime shows.... perhaps a real human child sacrifice on the 50 yard line!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Very well written sir.

You can't blame the avg American, they base their opinions on what they believe is the truth, the spin doctors and MSM have perfected the art of lies and deception.
In a matter of 72 hours the MSM can make any country out to be a enemy.

As for the soldiers , most realize the truth sooner than later, then its just a matter of surviving till they can get out of the Military. As for laying down their weapons, never happen, they have their Oath, their Honour, and their Buddies to think of.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

JibbyJedi the kid sacrifice did make me lol and not for the wrong reasons.

more on topic...

I completely agree, I can almost feel your anger and frustration, its something iv'e learned to just get on with daily but it shouldn't be this way. Iv'e been awake for so long yet everyone I know around me is fast asleep iv'e tried sharing knowledge with peers but soon get the 'insane' look. I just want to wake up as many people as I can but I understand the majority don't really care.

A friend of mine with who I try preach to if you will, replied to me saying something along the lines of 'it don't affect me or my life so I don't care' I could not think of a more ignorant moment. It really gets to me to understand theres so much evidence so much going on right before everyone's eyes but they cant seem to understand it all.

Funny enough I was thinking the exact same concept of this threat before you started it, thinking of ways to collapse the system. The irony of the system is it uses the very same people it oppresses to carry out its dirty work which in return keeps them in a position of power. Its not as simple as this but if the soldiers were to just stop along with police brutality and other 'injustice' then they wouldn't be able to rule with the Iron fist they do and take away freedom in a criminal manner.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My son gets discharged in the next week or 2. He did not sign up for this sh*t and he was non-combat.

They are getting rid of 10s of thousands of non combat but then telling them that if they want, they could immediately re-enlist as combat.

Its going down soon.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The problem is I've read comments from people on this very site (soldiers?) that say that they would hang anyone who decides to bail out on their fellow soldiers.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It starts with our children.

We teach them to question everything. And I mean everything. We show them the importance of factual evidence, the absolute need of logical thought.

We help them realize that social constructs like race, religion, and patriotism do not define the worth of a person.

We demonstrate acceptance for all, regardless of ideology.

We do these things, and maybe....just maybe.... the world will be a better place.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
The problem is I've read comments from people on this very site (soldiers?) that say that they would hang anyone who decides to bail out on their fellow soldiers.

thats because their brain washing is thorough

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

unfortunately none of us will truley know what is going on in this world...

you might think that you are awake...yet this could possibly be another attempt to control the "dangerous" ones like you and me..

think about it....

the sheep have their celebrity gossip, and their tv shows, sports etc.. to keep them busy and occupied...

what do we have?

we have site's like this..and other forms to keep us "busy" talking about conspiracy theories, etc...

you see what they did? they are keeping the docile, and the volotile parts of society busy..

those who dare step out of line, are considered terrorists and are dealt with appropriatley
edit on 27-2-2012 by RickGrimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

This is a good foundation to lay for the new generation free from being brainwashed as they would question the content they view, although this could only come about if the current state of democracy collapses otherwise will just have a generation well equipped with knowledge continuing to be oppressed, who knows if it continues people might even reach the point of no return where they realise they are being oppressed but cannot do anything about it with more severe 'consequences'

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
RIGHT ON! We are all ONE, REGARDLESS! No more violence, war, avarice and inequity. The New World is coming my brothers and sisters, one day very soon we will all live in total Love, peace and cooperation.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Its true that most people are asleep. Alot of the blame can be
put on the media. Its so obvious that they print what they are
told to print.

In the uk, most of the newspapers are dominated by celebs
and pointless stuff. So many times sonething has happened
in the world, but the front page will be about celeb boob jobs,
celeb affairs, soap news, x factor etc

People are brainwashed to belive that these stories are the
stories people should be reading. Its sad that we have turned
into a society like this. We are a brainwashed world, and thats the
way certain people want us to be.

But like i said before. By the time we realise this, its going to be too
late.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickGrimes

you might think that you are awake...yet this could possibly be another attempt to control the "dangerous" ones like you and me..

think about it....

the sheep have their celebrity gossip, and their tv shows, sports etc.. to keep them busy and occupied...

what do we have?

we have site's like this..and other forms to keep us "busy" talking about conspiracy theories, etc...

you see what they did? they are keeping the docile, and the volotile parts of society busy..

those who dare step out of line, are considered terrorists and are dealt with appropriatley

Very insightful. Let the potential troublemakers burn off steam by participating in fringe websites. We think we're taking action when in fact all we've done is vented the volcano, so to speak.

How to bring about fundamental change?

You've given me something to ponder.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I wish you all love, light & peace and hope for humanity to break free from the chains of oppression.

What a great feeling it would be at that very moment the system is no longer in power and humanity are left to fully embrace freedom and to recognise love in the world.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickGrimes

think about it....

what do we have?

you would imagine that atleast the "awaken" ones would band together and rise up...

yet that isnt the case either...i think human beings need to be pushed to a certain limit or braking point.for them to actually stand up and take action

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I'd like to see those comments. It's one thing to "leave a fallen comrade", or bail/do something stupid in a combat zone compromising others, but it's an entirely different and rational thing to question the campaigns we are involved in. I have heard this line of thinking before in person though, and it's true often enough their thought process doesn't go far beyond that of the "engage and destroy all enemies" mentality. Unfortunately this mentality can reach very high up in ranks, too.

Luckily for us there are a number of veterans doing their part to shine light on the reality of things though.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ixDrMANHATTANix

you would imagine that atleast the "awaken" ones would band together and rise up... 

yet that isnt the case either...i think human beings need to be pushed to a certain limit or braking point.for them to actually stand up and take action

You are right about this. When everyone wakes, will it
be too late? Lately we always seem to be on the brink
of a ww3.

I remember having a debate with someone who said "
big deal, we have wars all the time, and we are still here"
But he was missing the point. Yes, we have seen many wars,
but how many of those wars had weapons that could kill
thousands within a blink of an eye? Ww2 was the last world
war, and that gave us a little taste of the terrible weapons
our governments have.

Instead of sorting out our problems, these criminals would
rather spend billions on weapons to kill our own kind. Sometimes
i am ashamed to be human.

You imagine if all this money was used instead to benefit mankind.
To further our space exploration, free energy, cut out poverty etc
If we worked as a planet, and not countries, think of the wonderful
things we could achieve!

We are still a primitive race mentally, that still deals in tribal warfare.
The worrying thing is, our technology is becoming better and better.
The combination of the two is very worrying!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

How about this:

Most of the time these "brainwashed" individuals see these things up close and personal. They understand it much better than most.

If the military just gave up and quit, what does that solve? It is the vast majority of Americans not in uniform who are too uniformed, too cowardice, too detached, or whatever to make a difference. Like Occupy was anything? Please.

If Americans don't like where our military is sent, then why did THEY send them there through the voice (or lack there of) of their elected representative? If they do not agree with the decision and do nothing, then THEY failed as citizens. Now people want the military to quit to make up for THEIR failure. Talk about chasing bad money with good. Sorry, not happening.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thankyou for sharing your thoughts. The points you make are so valid but the sad thing is that - we here on ATS tend to live in our ATS world and the rest of the people who we are trying to wake up don't live in this world.

A very difficult task - hope it makes it to the outside world via emails etc., S&F

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It also reminds me of when in the !st world war - the English and Germans were in their trenches and it was Christmas day - they were only a short distance away from each other. And they all put down their guns and opened a few drink rashions and joined in the middle to raise a glass and wished each other Merry Xmas.

If only they could do this again but put the guns down forever and wish each other a good life - that's all it takes!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join