It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the destruction of the Russian/Islamic Invasion from Ez 38 and 39 be explained?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Really wonder can could the TPTB actually stage an event like this? After all the have Haarp to do it

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by aorAki
Aliens.

It's always the aliens! At least they are far more believable than a magical deity with all the power in the universe and no will to use it!

Or rocks: "They look like rocks to me!".

Or maybe it won't even happen and we can consign yet another prophecy to the 'failed' pile.

Could you show me just one Biblical prophecy (that is, one from the Christian Bible) that has not come true, or has failed in the past?

I'll wait.

Failed prophecies 1

There are many more, which you can search for at your leisure.

I sense we will not agree on this.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Aliens.

It's always the aliens! At least they are far more believable than a magical deity with all the power in the universe and no will to use it!

Or maybe it won't even happen and we can consign yet another prophecy to the 'failed' pile.

Could you show me just one Biblical prophecy (that is, one from the Christian Bible) that has not come true, or has failed in the past?

I'll wait.

Failed prophecies 1

"With so many fulfilled prophecies already to its credit, the Bible has indeed established itself as the book 'inspired of God.'" [1]

Maybe you should actually read the page before you blindly post it as proof.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Bob......I always thought you were just a hardcore quaker

But the man of perdition......nah......that would really bust my bubble!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It also shows that there are failed prophecies. Maybe you should have better comprehension?

Plus, I just pulled it out of my arse. There are numerous sites that outline the failed prophecies. I couldn't be bothered going through them all, so gave you a wiki instead.

I want no part of the warmongering, from either side, and I certainly don't wish to worship a cruel and veangeful deity.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Aliens.

I'll wait.

Failed prophecies 1

The very first one is wrong.

In this block of text God states quite blatantly that Nebuchadnezzar would sack and destroy completely the city of Tyre.

It actually states, in Ezekial 26:8, that "He (Nebuchadnezzar) will ravage your settlements on the mainland with the sword; he will set up siege works against you, build a ramp up to your walls and raise his shields against you."

Which happened. In 586 B.C. Nebuchadnezzer began to attack and besieged the city of Tyre for 13 years. When they finally broke down the gates and walls of Tyre he found that the people had moved out to an island 1/2 mile off the coast of Tyre.

There are actually several more prophecies regarding Tyre:

Many nations against Tyre. (Ezekiel 26:3)
Make her bare rock; flat like the top of a rock. (Ezekiel 26:4)
Fishermen will spread their nets over the site. (Ezekiel 26:5)
Throw the stones and timbers into the water. (Ezekiel 26:12)
Never be rebuilt. (Ezekiel 26:14)

All of which are fulfilled.

Plus, I just pulled it out of my arse. There are numerous sites that outline the failed prophecies. I couldn't be bothered going through them all, so gave you a wiki instead.

So in other words, you don't really have any basis for your belief, or lack-thereof, but rather just improvise when attempting to back up your claims?

I want no part of the warmongering, from either side, and I certainly don't wish to worship a cruel and veangeful deity.

That's the beauty of it, you can do whatever you want. You have free will.
I wonder why a cruel and vengeful deity would give you free will in the first place..?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

It's not russia when they speak of Gog and Magog , it is the areas of southern Russia that has the Islamic republics and turkey that makes up the coalition that is brought up against Israel. Gog is another name for Satan , and in the book of revelation it talks of Satan's throne in Pergamos which is in Turkey . I believe it is the old Turkish caliphate brought back from its deadly wound . I also believe this will happen when the Muslim messiah the Mahadi shows up on stage and unites both the Shia and Sunni sects to fore fill their end times prophecy

They are also waiting for what they call the prophet Issa our Jesus . The Mahadi and Issa will lead hem to destroy their version of the devil in Jerusalem. Hope this helps , try this book it is very very good with both Islam and Christianity's end times eschatology . "Gods War on Terror " by Wallid Shoebat he is an. X Palestinian terrorist that Jesus called to do his work. Peace
edit on 27-2-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This prophecy sucks. None of those nations exist and to even pretend they do we have to just try and match up modern nations with them. On top of that it says they will be using swords and shields. Not much of a prophecy if could not at least predict gun powder.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

How will the destruction of the Russian/Islamic Invasion from Ez 38 and 39 be explained?

I dont know.

And how will you explain Israel (who you believe was "re-gathered") facing destruction from God?

It says so in the same book of Ezekiel....

Son of man, the house of Israel is to me become dross: all they are brass, and tin, and iron, and lead, in the midst of the furnace; they are even the dross of silver. As they gather silver, and brass, and iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire upon it, to melt it; so will I gather you in mine anger and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and melt you. Yea, I will gather you, and blow upon you in the fire of my wrath, and ye shall be melted in the midst therof. As silver is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall ye be melted in the midst thereof; and ye shall know that I the LORD have poured out my fury upon you.
- Ezekiel 22:19-22

What many christian supporters of Israel fail to notice is that no other nation has been warned of destruction as much as Israel. In fact, warnings of Israels destruction is a recurring theme throughout the bible.... but this never gets the highlight that it deserves.

For those interested, I had made a thread on this subject earlier...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
What many christian supporters of Israel fail to notice is that no other nation has been warned of destruction as much as Israel. In fact, warnings of Israels destruction is a recurring theme throughout the bible.... but this never gets the highlight that it deserves.

Actually, the recurring theme is the punishment of Israel (more specifically the Jews) would suffer, not their destruction. The Jews have been exiled from nearly every country they inhabit, including Germany, France, Spain, England, Russia, and Israel herself.

First they were persecuted by King Nebuchadnezzar, and were forced into exile, and then they were allowed to return to Jerusalem. Then again during the Crusades, they suffered immeasurably, leading ultimately to two long centuries of persecution and expulsion.

Then, while living in Spain, when the Spanish Inquisition began, over 30,000 Jews had their property seized, and were burned at the stake during the first 20 years of the Inquisition, eventually it lead to the expulsion of all Jews from Spain. About 4 months after the decree to exile them, between 100,000 and 150,000 Jews fled to many different countries; North Africa and the Ottoman Empire, for example (this was part of the prophecy that they would be scattered across the world). Some tried to go to Sicily, but found they were exiled from there as well. Some took up residence in Naples, but most ended up traveling to Portugal.. from which they were eventually cast out of. They pretty much just lived in the eastern Mediterranean and East Europe.. oh, and by the way, they were also exiled from England/France as well. And of course.. you've heard of the Holocaust.

All of this, and yet another prophecy was fulfilled - the returning of the Jewish people to their native land. Which, by the way, was prophesied to the exact date; on May 14th, 1948, they returned home to Israel.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Uhhh... thanks for the history lesson. But are you saying that all those warnings of destruction to Israel dont apply after 1948?
What about the Ezekiel prophecy about the re-gathered Israel facing the wrath of God?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
This prophecy sucks. None of those nations exist and to even pretend they do we have to just try and match up modern nations with them. On top of that it says they will be using swords and shields. Not much of a prophecy if could not at least predict gun powder.

Here, take a look at this map. It may help when visualizing the locations of these nations..

Persia has been known as Iran since 1935.
Cush is considered the eponymous ancestor of the "people of Cush", a dark-skinned people inhabiting the country surrounded by the River Gihon, identified in antiquity with Arabia Felix and Ethiopia.
Put, or Phut, is considered to be Libya.
Gomer refers to the Galatians/Gauls/Celts (the region which is now France, Belgium, Switzerland, and Northern Italy).

Meshech, & Tubal are the Scythian people.
Meshech is between the Black and the Caspian Seas; which became known as Muscovs, and gave it's name to the Russian nation and it's ancient capital of Moscow.
Tubal is the South region of the Caucasus Mountains, and also known today as Turkey.

So, basically, everyone is against Israel in this war.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Lionhearte

Uhhh... thanks for the history lesson. But are you saying that all those warnings of destruction to Israel dont apply after 1948?
What about the Ezekiel prophecy about the re-gathered Israel facing the wrath of God?

My apologies, I got a little caught up in the statement you made in the quoted part of my last post directed at you, that I neglected to respond in full.

This particular verse you are citing does not refer to destruction, but refinement. The process of turning ore into metal is called smelting, and it is accomplished by filling a furnace with ore and heating it up to extreme temperatures. The metal naturally sinks to the bottom, while impurities float to the surface to form scum, which is then scraped off. This scum is called dross.

God basically is telling Ezekial that the house of Israel had become dross to him. God desired pure silver, but they are like the scum of impurity, floating to the surface and waiting to be removed.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

How can something from a fictional book come to be in real life?

It has before, 393 times it came true to be exact. Only 7 left and those are still to come. Hardly fiction when men who made those prophecies died 500 years before they came to pass.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

They will not be wiped out mysteriously. When they die they will know exactly who is doing it to them and why and the form it may come in, could be nuclear...men aren't the only ones who know how to harness the destructive power of the atom.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords

Ok there's nothing here that says anything about fire and brimstone. Explain to me what this description means.

It means Yeshua is going bass fishing, bass pro style with a huge ass rod, and he's going to catch these armies and gut them.

I'm not 100% on that, i've just been wanting to go fishing lately because spring is here and the part about the hooks made me think of going fishing. That could be the interpretation of it though.

The Messiah could be going fishing, he did come to teach us to be fishers of men

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by mark1167

I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords

Ok there's nothing here that says anything about fire and brimstone. Explain to me what this description means.

It means Yeshua is going bass fishing, bass pro style with a huge ass rod, and he's going to catch these armies and gut them.

I'm not 100% on that, i've just been wanting to go fishing lately because spring is here and the part about the hooks made me think of going fishing. That could be the interpretation of it though.

The Messiah could be going fishing, he did come to teach us to be fishers of men

Good one.I thought the same thing but didn't want to say it. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join