It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Alert** Smart Meters, Educate Yourself Now & Say No!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This was sent to me by a close friend who works for a Fortune 50 company and just got assigned to this division, "renewable energy." The sub-program he is working on is Smart Meters, and he is worried about the Big Brother implications since Florida just adopted the use of these sinister devices. Please watch this video and say "no" to smart meters. Here are a few quotes from the video:

"Smart Meters can tell if you're running a business from you home. Can read your personal habits. It's personal surveillance of your energy usage." Based on wireless technology, third parties can intercept wireless signals from your house for ingrained spying. If you're "running a computer server without a business license it will know. Wiretapping devices are illegal in all 50 states but this skirts the laws. You might as well have a Facebook webcam of yourself walking around broadcasting everything to the world at all times."

Tell the energy companies: "You had no problem billing me before, don't install this."

Educate yourself now.

Here are other ATS threads on the topic:

Defeating Smart-Meter Surveillance: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Smart meters = more unemployment: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Smart Meter Removal Has Begun in California: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, watch the video. It's worth it.

Google News recent hit list. Yes, Florida residents really are in trouble.

edit on 27-2-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Banned in Holland for privacy reasons, at least for the time being.

edit on 27/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

great timing. just got our first smart meter bill..
they also cost you a lot more.
ours was roughly 1/3 more than this time last year. looking around on the net, i see this is not a rare occurrence

so glad they're making things better for us

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The opt out plan was introduced after mine was forcefully put on last year in June and since then my bill has gone up a lot my usage has stayed the same. My good friend is losing his job at Edison as they are laying off thousands of meter readers.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
too bad solar panels are expensive

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
too bad solar panels are expensive

Too bad free energy is a hidden technology as of the early 1900's

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What about when we have no choice but to accept these things? You think they are implementing all this crap with the intentions of giving us a choice to say no? They slapped one of those new meters on my water supply 2 years ago, my whole town had no choice but to let them into our homes to install them. My water/sewer bill went up by about 40% after that, same usage.

New Hampshire's electricity costs are unbelievable as it is now, the average person heating with electric pays about $800 per month, I heat with wood and supplement with electric and we pay about $250 per month.... and that's WITH a 33% off low income assistance discount!

You do realize they are making basic essentials impossible to afford right? Any attempts to offset costs are met with new statutes and laws while states make cuts to low income assistance benefits. Recent changes in the laws now make it legal for the electric to be shut off in the Winter months, sucks to be poor and old I guess.

edit on 27-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

You do realize they are making basic essentials impossible to afford right? Any attempts to offset costs are met with new statutes and laws while states make cuts to low income assistance benefits. Recent changes in the laws now make it legal for the electric to be shut off in the Winter months, sucks to be poor and old I guess.

And if you manage to create enough energy from your own system to share with the world you will quickly learn the process of invisibility as you will be made invisible along with your system.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Excessive electric usage is just one of the ways the police detect indoor marijuana grow operations, even a couple plants can make your electric bill higher than usual, and a tipoff from the electric company to the police is all they need for a warrant. "Smart meters" will just make privacy invasion 1000X more likely. It's more like "smart meters for a dumb society."

I have a small woodworking shop in my garage, between the table saw, mitre saw, routers and surface planers I'm sure my electric bill looks just as high as some indoor grow operations, and I for one don't like the idea of some "smart meter" ID'ing me as a possible suspect for police investigations.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Right, and the excuse to raid your home over that excessive (compared to your neighbors) electric bill will be justified to anyone in a uniform or a robe. Like that guy recently in Canada who was arrested because his 4 year old drew a picture of a gun (abovetopsecret...), they will use these meter readings as probable cause for a home invasion raid.
Hide your pets or they'll get shot during the raid.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Right, and the excuse to raid your home over that excessive (compared to your neighbors) electric bill will be justified to anyone in a uniform or a robe. Like that guy recently in Canada who was arrested because his 4 year old drew a picture of a gun (abovetopsecret...), they will use these meter readings as probable cause for a home invasion raid.
Hide your pets or they'll get shot during the raid.

They've ALWAYS used meter readings as detection methods for grow ops - drug growers know this and use meter bypasses to avoid detection.

In the UK, during the snow in late 2010, they simply flew helicopters over towns and raided homes that didn't have any snow on the roof due to the excessive heat inside.

And just a heads up, under terms of the PATRIOT act, the Government doesn't need an excuse OR a warrant to search your home. All they have to do is label you a terrorist (with no evidence required) and they can enter your home whenever they like, whether or not you are home or know about it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'll espouse some insider information I have on how these devices are sold to companies, and the employees working on Smart Meters programs (I can't say anything about the consumer sales pitch, but it sounds like from the above members that you don't have a choice... unless you're in Holland).

Here's the pitch (from what I was told... it's quite eery how this is being sold):

"Smart meters help companies reassign energy usage so that in times of energy high-demand an organization can reap financial benefits by allowing the power company to cut usage so that energy will be re-directed to mission critical systems and institutes - such as hospitals, elderly care homes, police and fire stations. An instant of high demand on the power grid is when temperatures soar and consumers strain the grid by pumping-up their air conditioners, or a terrorist strike occurs and energy must be re-directed off the effected grid.

Companies that use Smart Meters during these instances may see the temperature in their office rise by 5 degrees to 72 degrees so those extra 5 degrees, compounded from business to business, free-up the energy grid from a potential "brown out". Companies that volunteer for Smart Meter technology can save upwards of millions of dollars a year by simply allowing the power company access to your energy usage during a crisis.

Simply put, allow the energy company to determine your corporate usage during a time of crisis to help free up a finite resource while reaping the benefits of power/usage collaboration."

edit on 27-2-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I had a friend build s house they wouldn't give an occpancy permit till he tied into the grid even though he had more than enough power. He told them he was Amish they said they had to run poles to his house and hook it up then he could disconeconnect after he paid for the poles and wire. He's been living there for several years I think they finally gave up

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I didn't hear about that stuff in the UK, sounds ridiculous. I wish I could say that you were wrong about the Patriot Act and what they really can do to any of us, but you're not wrong or exaggerating. Any one of us can be targeted at any time for any reason they deem worthy.

Time for a revolt? No? Maybe things will get better if we all just sit here and wait.
Even better, let's all go Occupy a public place and sit there waiting!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

WHOA! Just when you thought you'd seen everything.....

This is beyond insane! Time to write the power companies, people! Coming up next, video surveillance in all homes?

Good catch, OP, S&F for this one. Hoe long, I wonder, before the admin starts calling this "needed" for some whacko environmentalist reason.....

new topics

top topics

join