It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the threat of a "nuclear armageddon" and WW3 an ongoing hoax by the Mainstream Media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
They talk about it every day on the news.

Iran does this, America does that, Israel threatens, America says be patient, Iran says bring it on, blah blah blah blah EVERY SINGLE DAY ever since the events of 1979.

Makes me wonder if all the fears the media is feeding us about the threat of "nuclear armageddon" and WW3 is all just a hoax and disinformation to keep the doomtards and snakeoil salesmen happy...

Your thoughts on this?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Congratulations, your words make more sense than anything heard or read via the #stirring media sources. Then again with Elections approaching, what other junk can they throw into the air?
Have Flagged such to say "Thanks"

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Ask yourself this question.

You are in charge of the button. You know that by pushing that button you will inflict major casualties but you also know that your launches will be detected immediately and acted upon.

Now, who is going to be the fool that does that in the name of humanity, warfare, defence or any other moniker?

I say the whole nuclear war thing is nothing but propaganda, theoretically possible but highly unlikely on a large scale.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
the problem is that with 24 hour media having to feed people news and make it exciting the fact that the french leader has a bad stomach is suddenly worthy of 30 mins of news speculation on what they have eaten, the region it could of come from and some nasty graphs about stomach illnesses while it was just him catching a bug from not washing his hands at a dodgy wash room for example so generally its going to be the same for any situation aka high drama and the end of the world while in truth its a french leader needing a new pair of underpants and a shower

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Fear = Spending.

Were in global recession lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hoax is too strong of a word. Hype would be more accurate. No-one would watch a newscast about happy people playing Ultimate Frisbee in the park, helping little old ladies across the street and schoolchildren winning first place in a science fair. Give the audience a few minutes of missile parades in Korea and heated language from Tehran and Tel Aviv and they'll be tuning in in droves.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with Ixtab....

Potential War + Fear = Huge Amounts of Money

I'm no history expert but I believe most countries that have to contend with bad economic times do this. Hitler lifted Germany out of a depression with the war. America has a solid track record of doing this as well....

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CasiusIgnoranze

"Is the threat of a "nuclear armageddon" and WW3 an ongoing hoax by the Mainstream Media?"

CasiusIgnoranze says:

"They talk about it every day on the news.

Iran does this, America does that, Israel threatens, America says be patient, Iran says bring it on, blah blah blah blah EVERY SINGLE DAY ever since the events of 1979.

Makes me wonder if all the fears the media is feeding us about the threat of "nuclear armageddon" and WW3 is all just a hoax and disinformation to keep the doomtards and snakeoil salesmen happy... "

"Doomtards and snakeoil salesmen," CasiusIgnoranze? Well at least you chose an apropos screen name.
I am neither. But I can carefully read and I can carefully think. (Maybe you should try both :-)

Especially for things like this:

1961:
SOVIET KGB AGENT, MAJOR ANATOLIY GOLITSYN, DEFECTS TO THE UNITED STATES.

1984:
HE MAKES 194 PREDICTIONS REGARDING FUTURE SOVIET ACTIONS.

1993:
HISTORICAL EVENTS PROVED THE ACCURACY OF GOLITSYN's PREDICTIONS TO BE 94%!
CONTAINED IN THE AS-YET UNFULFILLED 6% IS THE CHILLING PREDICTION THAT THE SOVIETS WILL MOUNT AN ENORMOUS NUCLEAR, CHEMICAL, AND BIOLOGICAL ATTACK ON THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
THIS WILL HAPPEN SOON AFTER THE PLANNED 'RESURRECTION' OF THE SOVIET UNION.

TODAY:
THE SOVIET UNION'S 'RESURRECTION' CAN HAPPEN ANYTIME!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
all it will take is a nation to think...."Ok,we are going to have a punch up.....im sure Ill get a few smacks in the gob,as this guy is bigger than me,but im sick of this guy and im not too fussed if im beaten....who knows...I may even win."
Anyone who has a fighting background will understand this warrior attitude,if you walk into a fight thinking you are going to lose...chances are you will. Never under-estimate your opponant.

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

A nuclear winter lasting years, long term poisoning of the environment while the sick population needing the food it produces, even though contaminated if it grows at all, does not really sound like a "win" situation to me.

Then again I am not a megalomaniac hell-ben on world domination!

Happy holidays!

join