It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China calls US critique on Syria "super arrogant"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Source

From the article:

The US Secretary of State said it was "quite distressing" to see two Security Council members using their vetoes "while people are being murdered" "It is just despicable and I ask whose side are they on? They are clearly not on the side of the Syrian people.".

The Chinese reply?

"The United States' motive in parading as a 'protector' of the Arab peoples is not difficult to imagine," it said in a commentary. "The problem is, what moral basis does it have for this patronising and egotistical super-arrogance and self-confidence?"

They continue:

"Even now, violence continues unabated in Iraq and ordinary people enjoy no security. This alone is enough for us to draw a huge question mark over the sincerity and efficacy of US policy,"

Strong words. And I'm inclined to agree with them. Perhaps not in regards to the situation in Syria, but our meddlesome nature in general.
at our foreign policy.

The truth hurts, too bad their words will probably be ignored.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
While people are being murdered? She has nerve...... I suppose Libya is still considered a success? Oh..and HOW many people was Gadaffi killing in the streets prior to a Western backed and funded insurgency coming into play? HOW many died AFTER that?

Hmm.... Iraq? Was Hussein out killing people by the thousands like it was just a routine part of a day's business? Okay... somewhat of a bad example, but it took the war for the numbers being killed to really hit the stratospheric level.

So Clinton is going to actually stand there and say that the 10's of thousands who will die in the BEST case scenario of a NATO led invasion of Syria are somehow better off than they are today? The death of the few justifies the slaughter of the MANY by UN guns and bombs? She needs to retire. She's as bad as any Republican she ever cussed out in her past.

I hate to agree with China about the sky being blue....but on this one? Good for them. Someone needs to tell our leaders off now and then, even if it is coming from them.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
SILENCE MORTAL, democracy MUST be spread

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agreed with your last sentence. It’s reminiscent of when China asked just who we were to criticize other countries human rights. Not to say that China is poster child of human rights, but you know, don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house and all that.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wish China and Russia would blast Hillary on how the US government treats OWS and tea partiers.

The US government is no better than China or Russia.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

The US has problems with Enemy Identification.

Muslims are the enemy because of the Koran , beliefs etc.

Except for Muslims in Saudi , we love those ones.

We hate the Muslims in Iran, bad bad boys there.

We love Muslims in Libya, well now we do,

We love Muslims in Syria, well, we will once we help them. (see Libya)

We hate Muslims in Afgan, well 50/50 there , dont want to admit 2 trillion and 10 years was for nothing. (it was).

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ummm.... Wow... Where did that come from?? How is the arrest of Occupy members who clearly state that violating the law is the whole point for their chosen methods of protest compare with the Chinese arrest and EXECUTION of people like the Tienanmen Square protesters? I was going to saw Falun Gong but the protesters are a more direct comparison. Does anyone doubt China would do the same today if faced with the same problem? I don't see the Chinese giving in and running like Gadaffi. Even today. Russia? Hmm.. Yeah... I missed where the U.S. had a Gulag system.

The U.S. has it;s problems...and I just posted in this very thread, how I agree with that. Lets keep things in perspective though. OWS people get booked...get fined and are given a court date..then walk back out. Chinese and Russian dissidents often don't walk out and are simply never seen again, period. ...Or if they are, China sends along the bill for the bullet the state used to shoot them with.

We have it bad..perhaps...but nowhere near China or Russia. Not yet..and God willing, not ever. Not here.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
While I agree that parallels could be drawn between the presidents crackdown and Americas crackdowns in foreign countries, it does not matter who the messenger is when a spade is called a spade. Either the president or a military not under control by the president is clinging to power through violence in total disregard of the wellbeing of the population. Clearly some people feel if people have to day in order for me to stay rich and wealthy and thats the way it is. Thats a Narcos mentality.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
SILENCE MORTAL, democracy MUST be spread

By democratizing you are also spreading culture as well. Can someone tell me the difference between capturing and democratizing a country? Basicly anyone who agrees with the west? right? Ally or die!
edit on 27-2-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

heres a million cartoons

www.emptyquarter.net...
www.cartoonaday.com...
www.otherwords.org...
rpalat.files.wordpress.com...

edit on 27-2-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join