It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TransCanada to build southern leg of Keystone pipeline: reports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

TransCanada to build southern leg of Keystone pipeline: reports

www.calgarysun.com

WASHINGTON/CALGARY - TransCanada Corp is expected to announce on Monday that it will start to build the southern leg of its controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline between Canada and the United States, three political news organizations reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/27/2012 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Of course it's going to get the Go-Ahead in Canada, there is a deadline.. Regardless if it was approved or not by the American congress for their side of the border. We've been stock piling pipes in Alberta lots for years now; all of us in the Oil/Gas industry knew it was going to begin before Summer up here.

Oh well.. At least many Canadians will be put to work over the next few years.

www.calgarysun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Nice one, I might head to Canada and get a job for a while.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I love watching the Obama administration trying to learn the new dance steps...after the band has left the room.....

This will most assuredly place Obamba's back firmly against the prickly wall of consumer approval.....

Des
edit on 27-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Pump baby pump, aye.

Such a shame that Obama won't approve it simply because Master Buffet wont let him.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm not as familiar as I should be n this project.

A brief read tells me that this is preparation to transport Northern crude into the US if Obama and the legilslative branch agree on the project.

Would this mean less dependency on mideast based crude?

If so, then I am all in favor of this project.
Becoming self-sustainable here in the western hemisphere to me sounds like a good thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i wish america had this kind of initiative. instead of relying on the saudis and the countries it invades for oil.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It was only 100 miles of pipeline that was protested and it was under State Department study for 3 years and approved. What people don't realise is that there are already two other oil pipelines going in the same area that were built in the 50's. Now does anyone think that a moderan pipeline would be less safe than one built in the 50's?

We have the Excel pipeline one running just west of my town and a pumping station is located there. It provides $140000.00 in taxes to the school system. Taxes that the citizens don't have to pay.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I used to be in favor of the pipeline, until I found out what they plan to do with the oil.

Right now the midwest is facing a glut of oil from the Canadian oil sands and all the new wells in North Dakota. There is so much of it sitting in Oklahoma that it is selling for $83 instead of the $106 it is bringing on the world market.

So I'm paying 3.45 a gallon for my gas instead of what the coasters are paying.

They are going to pipe this oil to the gulf, refine it and sell it on the global market.

How in all that is holy does this help break our dependence on foriegn oil?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah, but the more oil there is on the global market DOES affect price. That is what we are seeing now with Iran cutting off nations. The price goes up. If we introduced a new supply it would go down.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It's a good work project. Even if the US decided they'll never want it, the northern Cdn part could still be routed further east towards our eastern coast. The southern US part seem to be close enough to the Bakken field? Isn't that in North Dakota?

We need more of our own refineries. Even more jobs...

it will start to build the southern leg of its controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline between Canada and the United States

"Between" Canada and the States

Odd wording.... that must just mean that they'll be building in both countries...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab

Oh noes! Not American illegal immigrants... time to build a wall!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Take thirty minutes out of your day, and realize the fruitless efforts of mankind. There is no solution except one that goes beyond what "conventional science" says is possible.

Jobs mean nothing in the long run. The environmental catastrophe and the limited...no, poor amount of oil will do nothing for us in the long run.
edit on 27-2-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am all for this pipeline. I this the for sure advantages definitely outweigh the possible disadvantages, that we can't even be sure will happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Saskatchewan is usually the one in need of workers, but we're also short on housing

Alberta usually has lots of work too, just more competition for the jobs.

If you can get a work visa, or find someone who can pay under the table, and have a camper, summers in the prairies are very nice

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Oh noes! Not American illegal immigrants... time to build a wall!

No one talks about OUR southern border....
Literate workers here, means you need to know your metric measurements

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

TransCanada will begin building the portion of the line that runs from Cushing, Oklahoma south to Texas refineries, reported The Hill, National Journal and Politico.

might want too go here instead,,
Cushing, Oklahoma,,,
"wanted must weld",,im asuming,,
or realestate might get lucrative,,
its a pipe.

Me.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well if this isn't about a huge slap across Obama's face....and a hard backhand on the return for good measure.

Basically, to my eyes, they are telling the U.S. 'Fine...turn us down. Your days in power are few and you're out before we'll be done anyway. Your successor will lead where you couldn't'.

Maybe I am reading too much into it....but that sure seems to be a fair guess for the mindset that builds a Pipeline our President has flat turned down and killed outright. lol..... Yup... His opinion only matters for a short time.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yes, western part of the state.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Yeah, but the more oil there is on the global market DOES affect price. That is what we are seeing now with Iran cutting off nations. The price goes up. If we introduced a new supply it would go down.

I'm not 6, I understand what it will do to world prices.

But they haven't been touting it as that, they've been saying it will help wean us of foriegn oil dependence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join