It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious orbs confound NC county for decades

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I am not sure what I was seeing is the same as what people are seeing in NC- however, like I said I sort of would get the feeling to go outside and on more than one occasion I would see them. Not sure I thought there was some intelligence there though.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

You can even see the wings if you watch on youtube fullscreen

But insects would not register as blue and red on a nightvision camera. They would be white or green.

How do you know its on youtube thats bad qulity for a start and if you watch on youtbe and go to full screen you can see what looks like wings at the sides of those blobs of light!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

I call BS, and a sorry excuse. No one else see's bugs. and if you can really see wings, then wow you must be some sort of super being. how do you explain the red light on the NVG's? You really need to try harder before you debunk something as old, and on going as this.

Get your eyes tested here something YOU and others may not know re that red dot,

One of the things that we have noticed on many different investigations is that when we record video in night vision mode, the resulting image is monochromatic. Having said that though, we have also noticed that any time an investigator uses a piece of equipment with a red light on it, the color red shows up on video, while other colors do not

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

This thread is not just about the Youtube video! Rather the phenomenon in Brown Co. in general. Maybe the video is bug. I don't think dozens or even hundreds of people over 40 years saw bugs.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
reply to post by wmd_2008

This thread is not just about the Youtube video! Rather the phenomenon in Brown Co. in general. Maybe the video is bug. I don't think dozens or even hundreds of people over 40 years saw bugs.

So is that you admitting the 2 objects look like bugs on that video so how many people that have watched have not noticed what looks like wings and assumed something else

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
LOL i live in burke county.

I have seen the ords and still haven't a clue

as to what they are.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Here is a prime example of why you cant trust what some people think they see, when they are more interested in what they want to see

Listen to the people and watch see if you notice something strange with this video at the end

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

What do you think..swamp gas?

no... but like the article says in one answer by a academic... 'ball lightning' might be an answer

i lived in Morganton for a year after i was discharged, only went once to see the brown mountain lights'
was not so much impressed... the slow moving lights seemed to be just like car headlights/tailights following a mountain road and about what a car doing 45mph at a distance would look like.

the lights all seemed to have a gentle downward motion, and all i seen then were lights going in the one direction down from left to right...NO lights moving the other way

ADD: i heard from a reliable local that say the Cherokee tell of those lights being there way before autos, trains, phone or radio antenna towers...Ailene M. was 1/4 Cherokee

one exotic explaination i can think of is that those hills in NC are loaded with quartz ...perhaps the quartz is under stress creating that plasma or balls of light... a form of pizeoelectric

The Piezoelectric Effect
www.aurelienr.com/electronique/piezo/piezo.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
A piezoelectric substance is one that produces an electric charge when a mechanical stress is applied (the substance is squeezed or stretched).

edit on 29-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by joyride0187

But insects would not register as blue and red on a nightvision camera. They would be white or green.

How do you know its on youtube thats bad qulity for a start and if you watch on youtbe and go to full screen you can see what looks like wings at the sides of those blobs of light!

Because this is not just a bad quality youtube video. This was filmed by a National Geographic crew. They took the camera that they used to the manufacturer to find out if the camera was malfunctioning. The results were that the camera was not malfuntioning and the manufacturer said that it was not possible for red and blue to show up on the nightvision camera. Here is a link to the documentary:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

One exotic explaination i can think of is that those hills in NC are loaded with quartz ...perhaps the quartz is under stress creating that plasma or balls of light... a form of pizeoelectric

The Piezoelectric Effect
www.aurelienr.com/electronique/piezo/piezo.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
A piezoelectric substance is one that produces an electric charge when a mechanical stress is applied (the substance is squeezed or stretched).

I think this is the most plausable theory. There is seismic pressure on quartzite rock deep in the fault, which escapes at relief points as charged plasma.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I am not sure what I was seeing is the same as what people are seeing in NC- however, like I said I sort of would get the feeling to go outside and on more than one occasion I would see them. Not sure I thought there was some intelligence there though.

The ufo orbs exhibit very intelligent behaviour. They can create organised circles above your head all in same coloured pairs, they have a laser beam facility that is scanning the floor for something, especially the red types.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Well had a look at your link watched parts 2 and 3 and what do I think

SACK THE NAT GEO TEAM THAT FILMED THIS
Yes I am serious

Lets have a look at my reasons why!

First of all lets look at the equipment used Night Vision Goggles No problem with that but why not a dedicated Night vision camera
(maybe they thought this wasn't worth spending money on)

Here is a link to part 2 below please go to the 2:00 mark!

Yes thats right filmed through the night vision goggles with a CHEAP consumer digital camera DOH

Are they serious

Then in the video we see the colour spots when I first saw the link on page one of the thread, I thought it was strange to see colours, first thing that sprung to mind a laser pointer

What do we see them use in their video a laser pointer and a long range digital thermometer

Now DID they check the night vision goggles only or if that cheap a** digital camera could still see the laser/thermometer colours even through the night vision goggles.
You see little digi cams like that have small sensors with all sorts of low light problems!

Then video 3 link below this is even more unbelievable for a team of PRO'S

They see those 2 little orb's of light and make the kind of claims made by people on here re the size and speed of objects on a video.

YOU CANT tell the size of an object if you dont KNOW the distance from the camera unless you see it next to an object of KNOWN size AND that object is at the same distance DOH :O
YOU CANT then estimate the speed either. DOH

That could be 2 very small objects a few feet from the camera (bugs) or 2 larger objects at a distance.

Here is something to prove a point a little staute in a picture how far do you think it is from the building.
You have lots of clues you will have the rough idea of a brick size and could have a good guess at the door height in the background so how far is it away?

All will be revealed after your answer to this post.

edit on 1-3-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Aw whats up

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I just moved back to NC.....f'yeah

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi whats up joyride0187, BlackProjects, gunshooter it's all went quiet you seem to be avoiding this thread now I wonder why

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Orbs are electrostatic light displays.
A string of orbs can be made just like a string of lights can be done as Tesla once
demonstrated which not too hard to understand can't be done anymore.
The difference is no wire in the air.
But the same can be done and there was a video called UFO giving birth that
showed a string of orbs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join