It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious orbs confound NC county for decades

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

For at least a century, the Brown Mountain Lights have confounded residents and tourists in a rugged patch of Burke County, bobbing and weaving near a modest peak. Are they reflections from automobile headlights? Brush fires? A paranormal phenomenon, or something natural not yet explained by science?

"I didn't feel anything spooky or look around for Martians

What do you think..swamp gas?

POSTING WORK WRITTEN BY OTHERS:

Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

STARTING A NEW THREAD
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on February 28th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Interesting. S&F

Maybe the explanation is very simple:

... Tourism officials are hoping all those decades of unanswered questions add up to a boost in visitors making their way to scenic outlooks ...

I believe it happened - even without pics - but it would be nice to have some pictures to look at. I mean if it's been going on for decades I think there would be some snapshots by now, no ?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I saw a documentary about this on the National Geographic channel. There were two teams that spent the night in the forest. They ended up catching alot of footage and even captured a blue orb and a red orb on a nightvision camera. Since red should never appear on nightvision, they took their footage to the manufacturer of the camera. It could not be explained.

edit on 27-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That is interesting about Nat Geo special. I had never heard of this. But wondered if it was related to the OBOL orange ball of light phenomenon I have witnessed and heard about in several states. Most claim those were flares similar to what happened known as the "Phoenix lights". Sounded like the one witnesses were very close to it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is the video from the NatGeo show:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't live too far from there, and have been many times. Out of all the times I have went only seen something on one occasion. I seen a small red light appear about half way up the other side of the mountain, it danced around a little bit then shot up and disappeared once it got 100 yards or so above the mountain.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
news.yahoo.com...

For at least a century, the Brown Mountain Lights have confounded residents and tourists in a rugged patch of Burke County, bobbing and weaving near a modest peak. Are they reflections from automobile headlights? Brush fires? A paranormal phenomenon, or something natural not yet explained by science?

"I didn't feel anything spooky or look around for Martians

What do you think..swamp gas?

These sound a lot like the Marfa Lights here in Texas that have been seen at least since the 50's:

en.wikipedia.org...

The conventional explanation is that it's a strange atmospheric effect in which campfires or car headlights are reflected in peculiar ways, but that seems like quite a reach considering the way the lights have been described behaving.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

The Brown Mountain lights are a fasanating subject i have a gut feeling they are not all so natural. I've never seen this clip before though and now that i have, it just reinforces my opinion that some of these lights are under intelligent control.

Any chance on a link to the full doc? Or the name of it maybe

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i saw a special on nova or history channel that explained these things as a kind of flourescing moss which they had found samoles of!?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
reply to post by joyride0187

The Brown Mountain lights are a fasanating subject i have a gut feeling they are not all so natural. I've never seen this clip before though and now that i have, it just reinforces my opinion that some of these lights are under intelligent control.

Any chance on a link to the full doc? Or the name of it maybe

The documentary was called Paranatural – Mystery Lights. NatGeo’s investigation into the Marfa/Brown Mountain lights.

Here is a link to the video but it is in 5 parts. At the end of part 1 there is a link to goto 2/5.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Had a look at the video I liked the 2 insects flying in front of the camera, downloaded the video slowed it down a little and you can see wings either side of the body

You can even see the wings if you watch on youtube fullscreen

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
A quick google search had quite a few hits. I did not realize that this topic was such a ongoing one! Some called these "ghostlights". A while back I got a book on Strange events in Indiana. One of the stories concerned a type of lights in the northwestern part of the state that sound somewhat similar to these orbs.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Page Bryant writes a lot about them and lives nearby.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

But insects would not register as blue and red on a nightvision camera. They would be white or green.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Is the Brown Mtn. Orbs the same as the lights at Linville Gorge?

I spent a night at Wisemans Gap last fall and will be there again in April. Didn't see any lights the night I was there, the clouds settled in around the mountains and even in the morning it was difficult to see down in the gorge.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by joyride0187

Had a look at the video I liked the 2 insects flying in front of the camera, downloaded the video slowed it down a little and you can see wings either side of the body

I call BS, and a sorry excuse. No one else see's bugs. and if you can really see wings, then wow you must be some sort of super being. how do you explain the red light on the NVG's? You really need to try harder before you debunk something as old, and on going as this.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Orbs are very real. I have seen them close up with my own eyes. I do not know what they are though.....

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Quite a few red/orange and/or orb reports in general. Some in Boone!
www.nuforc.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In the video, don't you kinda see the "lights/orbs" move along the contour of the trees? Almost like someone is shining a direct beam of light at the trees and moving it around?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
In the video, don't you kinda see the "lights/orbs" move along the contour of the trees? Almost like someone is shining a direct beam of light at the trees and moving it around?

I know where your coming from there - but ufo orbs do sort of skim the tops of trees when they fly fast. These things are so real, that atmospheric stuff earlier on was funny, hey these things are intelligent and are connected with radiant white motherships

top topics

<<   2 >>

join