It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like my beer like I like my violence; Domestic. Chalk sign goes viral.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I've genuinely never heard of the term ''domestic beer'' before, which is why I was slightly confused by the pun which was the subject of this story.

I suppose I could have googled it, but posting a reply which was injected with sly, quasi-anti-American undertones was far more preferable to me.

I'm not an avid beer drinker, but I agree with your comments about English beer. Have you ever tasted Carling ? If you ever have the misfortune of sipping this strangely mouth-drying beer, then you'll need to down at least 2 litres of water just to re-lubricate your mouth. Yuck !

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I enjoyed your post! It was fun to play with it. I drank a variety of beers in England, while they weren't as bad as I may have let on, they don't stand up very well against German and Dutch brews.

Of course the Germans can't make a good steak and kidney pie, so there! (or is it that they choose not to?)

On topic, if I came home from work and my former wife put an English 'pastie' in front of me, I'd be liable to commence with the violence.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Dachende

By the way, did you even read the damn thread ? your /rants are exactly what is wrong with this planet. People need to harden the **** up and get on with life instead of spending time worrying about words and names.

Bollocks mate.

People are way too hard.
We need to get softer as a species. We need to become more empathic and we need to stop using freedom of speech as an excuse to offend people. In a recent mini-debate with S.O. (on censorship) he mentioned that freedom of speech comes with responsibilities. It doesn't mean you can just go about saying anything, willy-nilly, without a care. It was an excellent point and one that caused me to rethink my stance.
Words and names, while they may not affect you, they can and do affect other people.

That sign was in bad taste, and yes, I'm aware the victim wrote it herself, but seriously it makes people laugh for all the wrong reasons.

What is wrong with this planet is that violence is embraced, racism is excused, insensitivity is rife and resource distribution is inequitable.

Now, if that woman doesn't like beer, then the sign makes sense. If she does like beer, then she is saying she likes domestic violence. Passersby are not privy to her details, therefore they draw conclusions that it is in bad taste.

I am in agreement.

It's not being "P.C". It's being empathic and sensitive, not just to those close to me, but to all people, as much as possible.

Im going to agree disagree, Ive had alot of problems with depression and other things, and honestly my view is the world needs to man up, dont get me wrong saying that in no way says hitting women is okay. But if we grow softer someone will always take advantage its human nature, the world is not all sunshine and rainbows.

I love the idea, gays, people of different ethnicaty and women and men can run around in feilds, happy.

But i guarantee someone will f that shiat up, i mean try and tell a serial killer, well why didnt you just try being more empathic and sensative mmkay.

lmao ohh look over there its a bear,

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
lol i have not seen that before. i dont really see any thing wrong with it. of course it was a joke and a funny one in my opinion

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Belgium!

900 Differant types of beer in one bar i went to over there. Something else! Oh and every type of beer has its own type of glass:-

beerblotter.files.wordpress.com...

Probably as close to heaven as ive ever felt

ON TOPIC: I don't by any means condone domestic violence but I definitely do not agree to this women's treatment. It back to the simple fact, if you don't like what you see or hear, ignore it.

I don't go off harassing television stations every time I switch to a channel and my eyes are blighted by talentless morons on reality TV which has seemed to become the role model for society these days. More sickening than that joke i can assure you!
edit on 29-2-2012 by CR4V3N because: link

edit on 29-2-2012 by CR4V3N because: reality not really

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I like my coffee the same way I like my President. Black with a little cream.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

i like my scotts the way i like my lobster - trapped.

Everything else you said apart from that was correct. Maybe you should do some research, look up the West Lothian Question, look up the massive inequalities the English have to suffer and then you will see who is "trapped". Ignorant yank.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

By the way, did you even read the damn thread ? your /rants are exactly what is wrong with this planet. People need to harden the **** up and get on with life instead of spending time worrying about words and names.

Bollocks mate.

People are way too hard.
We need to get softer as a species. We need to become more empathic and we need to stop using freedom of speech as an excuse to offend people. In a recent mini-debate with S.O. (on censorship) he mentioned that freedom of speech comes with responsibilities. It doesn't mean you can just go about saying anything, willy-nilly, without a care. It was an excellent point and one that caused me to rethink my stance.
Words and names, while they may not affect you, they can and do affect other people.

That sign was in bad taste, and yes, I'm aware the victim wrote it herself, but seriously it makes people laugh for all the wrong reasons.

What is wrong with this planet is that violence is embraced, racism is excused, insensitivity is rife and resource distribution is inequitable.

Now, if that woman doesn't like beer, then the sign makes sense. If she does like beer, then she is saying she likes domestic violence. Passersby are not privy to her details, therefore they draw conclusions that it is in bad taste.

I am in agreement.

It's not being "P.C". It's being empathic and sensitive, not just to those close to me, but to all people, as much as possible.

I'm guessing you are also in favour of giving the all whites their medals for sports team of the year, when they didn't even win a game at the world cup ?

You strike me as one of those people.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Thenumber1

first of all i'm canadian.
second of all i am of scottish decent.
thirdly,my family is origianally from nova scotia where my family trapped lobsters for a living(and some still do)
so,who is ignarant now smart guy!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

I liked the pic....

Fourth glass from the right looks like it has had too many.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Can't any one take a joke any more?

That's the point of a joke... it has no discrimination, no hate, no meaning.. just for laughs.

People unfortunately incorporate their situation, attitude or experience to it, and it just ruins it.

Lighten up.

I still don't see why the owners got bashed for it when it was actually a female with domestic violence history who had written it in the first place!

What a funny world

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

There are many more, even more fanciful and distorted, or maybe that was because of all the consumed beer?

I think however that this is my favourite:

www.edholden.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

That is pretty nice.

Good thing it has a stand, I'd end up drinking that amber off the bar if it didn't.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Thenumber1

first of all i'm canadian.
second of all i am of scottish decent.
thirdly,my family is origianally from nova scotia where my family trapped lobsters for a living(and some still do)
so,who is ignarant now smart guy!

I don't give a monkey's left testicle where you come from or whatever "heritage" you claim to possess. Calling the Scottish "trapped" is incredibly insulting, given that Scotland has kept us down for the last few centuries. If you weren't such an ignorant fool, you would know this.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

In the event of a fire and no stands being available, I think its designed to sit perfectly between a tight top and a pair of DD's

DISCLAIMER: I have not, and will not, direct this statement towards any specific sex. As such, i/the statement, cannot be branded sexist.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That "Redneck Ronald" fellow reminds me of one of my co-workers.

Regardless, the sign was tasteless. Domestic violence isn't something to laugh at.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Domestic violence isn't something to laugh at.
We shouldn't laugh at dead babies either, but lo and behold we still have dead baby jokes!

World's first dead baby joke.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

belgium is the boss for a good piss up

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm guessing you are also in favour of giving the all whites their medals for sports team of the year, when they didn't even win a game at the world cup ?

Haha, no chance, nor the Slack Chaps

OOh, one of THOSE people.

Well, you strike me as one of THOSE other people.

Probably a JAFA? Just a guess, but from the evidence either one or a wannabe JAFA.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Haha, no chance, nor the Slack Chaps

OOh, one of THOSE people.

Well, you strike me as one of THOSE other people.

Probably a JAFA? Just a guess, but from the evidence either one or a wannabe JAFA.

hahaha touche' !

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join