It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COSTA cruise ship on fire now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
the sistership to the doomed concordia hs set on fire.www.dailymail.co.uk... s-newsxml

better link..www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 27-2-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I thought lightening didn't strike the same place twice.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

aprently it can this company are not having a good year are they,imagine that being anounced after what happend to the concordia bet there is a few peopls trowsers soiled
edit on 27-2-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

When you look at how poorly those two ships were designed and constructed, I'm surprised that it took this long for the sister-ship of the Concordia to go up in a ball of flames. That design was outdated even on the day they were launched, let alone years later. The fact that she was still in service, to me, proves how careless corporate interests have become. They don't care what happens, as long as they make a buck in the process. I heard that the cruise line actually made a killing off of the insurance premiums on the Concordia. I smell a conspiracy....lol

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They don't look like sister ships to me. The design looks entirely different.

Concordia 290 meters long.
Allegra 187 meters long.

Other than owners these two ships have nothing in common.
edit on 27-2-2012 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sounds like somebody is real desperate for that insurance money. A ground run and a fire, both equally easy to 'cause'.
Perhaps he also wants to bail ship, in the metaphorical since of coarse.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by haven123

When you look at how poorly those two ships were designed and constructed, I'm surprised that it took this long for the sister-ship of the Concordia to go up in a ball of flames. That design was outdated even on the day they were launched, let alone years later. The fact that she was still in service, to me, proves how careless corporate interests have become. They don't care what happens, as long as they make a buck in the process. I heard that the cruise line actually made a killing off of the insurance premiums on the Concordia. I smell a conspiracy....lol

It's all about the Money
humans aren't even a close 2nd

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Nope, I think we come in at a very distant 10th place in the list of priorities in this world. Just think about it. Remember that whole sticky-accelerator pedal fiasco with Toyota? Well, from what I hear, they knew there was a problem to begin with, but it was deemed to be "unprofitable" to fix the problem or even to tell anyone about it, before people started dying in accidents in their cars. The way they see it, a death will only cost them a couple million in court, but retooling/fixing the problem would cost more, so it's not worth it to them, even if someone dies as a result of their malfeasance. Funny thing is, my father is the one who told me this (auto industry insider, works for GM), and yet he looks at me like I'm bat-sh t crazy whenever I start talking about what other corporate sectors are doing to increase profits. You'd think the two would go hand in hand, as in, realizing one would make the other more believable, but that's not the case. Maybe he's just been working within the system for so long that he has a sort of trained subservience about him. He knows the problems, yet does not acknowledge them. That's the biggest thing that pisses me off about my father, is that he knew, but he never told me how bad it was. Only that it was bad. "Life sucks and then you die." Was his favourite saying, and then I would say "But why does it suck, daddy?"(remember, I was a kid at the time), and he would respond with "Well that's just the way it is." and even when I was younger I would get mad at him for that p ss poor excuse. Still to this day, that is not good enough. I haven't figured out how to fight the system yet, but I have read one post that really affected me, that stated that we should basically use our entire life's being to obstruct the gears of the machine, if you will. To devote our lives to slowing the behemoth. This is what I have now vowed to do. I'm sure there will be back-lash, but I have no family, and nothing to lose in the fight against injustice, except my sanity. This is a cost I would gladly pay though, to see true equality and justice break through this quagmire of half-truths and greediness.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Allegra 187 meters long.

I take it you added in the last line after realizing how ridiculous your first line was.

Other than the same owner, there's nothing in common?
Wow. Can I have a sip of your kool aide?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I know accidents happen, but does anybody else find this line in the news story strange?

A sister ship of the doomed Costa Concordia is today drifting off the pirate-infested African coast

Kinda funny how of all places to lose power it would have to be where the pirates are.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Interesting how I can't find it on the ship locator. I wonder why they disable this? Here is another Costa ship heading towards it.
www.marinetraffic.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by samkent

Allegra 187 meters long.

I take it you added in the last line after realizing how ridiculous your first line was.

Other than the same owner, there's nothing in common?
Wow. Can I have a sip of your kool aide?

I don't see how my first line is ridiculous? I looked up pictures of both ships.
The Allegra looks to be a much older design. Then I decided to lookup the specs for both.

I was reacting to a post suggesting that the design of the ship(s) were at fault.

top topics

join