It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard study: Pasteurized milk from industrial dairies linked to cancer ..where's the swat team?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Since I'm not a calf, I haven't much to worry about. I gave up drinking milk the day I turned 16... that is when my parents agreed to let me make my own food choices.

That said, this news doesn't suprise me. Nor will any of the future news that releases various "Discoveries" of how franken-foods and factory-foods are poisoning us. I avoid it all!

Common sense should alert anyone interested that heavily processed and adulterated foods are not even close to their natural equivalents. I do my level best to only eat foods that arrive in nature's own packaging - skins and peels - and evevn then only organic and local, when possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If I tried to tug on my wifes tit's 300 days a year I'm sure she would give me prostate problems from a kick in the nuts. Cows are just more civil about it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks for that Unity99
I have to agree with you...I love liver and onions...

It really bummed me out when they said Liver is BAD for me and so is gravey bacon and spuds

and After learning to cook it right too

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is soy milk safe to drink?
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it is becoming more and more difficult to eat healthy these days. On one hand they tell us that milk contains calcium, on the other hand it causes cancer. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

hi Koz
I agree with you I was also just reading that organic farms out produce chemical ones

(NaturalNews) Organic foods and products are the fastest growing items in America's grocery carts. Thirty million households, comprising 75 million people, are now buying organic foods, clothing, body care, supplements, pet food, and other products on a regular basis. Fifty-six percent of U.S. consumers say they prefer organic foods.
Here are 10 reasons why you should buy organic foods and products:.....

10. Consumers care about preserving America's family farms, world hunger, and the plight of the world's two billion small farmers. Just about the only small farmers who stand a chance of making decent living these days are organic farmers, who get a better price for their products. In addition study after study has shown that small organic farms in the developing world produce twice as much food per acre as chemical and GMO farms, while using far less fossil fuel and sequestering large amounts of excess CO2 in the soil. Yields on organic farms in the industrialized world are comparable to the yields on chemical and GMO farms, with the important qualification that organic farms far out-produce chemical farms under extreme weather conditions of drought or torrential rains. Of course, given accelerated climate change, extreme weather is fast becoming the norm.

www.fourwinds10.net...
I come from a wildcrafting background and am now darn glad of it

edit on 27-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

From the start of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, OCA has been tracking the opportunities for Monsanto, a well-known war profiteer (Agent Orange, Vietnam), to take advantage of the current occupations. These include pushing glyphosate (Monsanto's Roundup herbicide) for poppy eradication in Afghanistan and opening the Iraqi market to the patenting of plants and seeds while preventing farmers from saving registered seed varieties.

As Vanity Fair reported last year, "In Iraq, the groundwork has been laid to protect the patents of Monsanto and other G.M.-seed companies. One of L. Paul Bremer’s last acts as head of the Coalition Provisional Authority was an order stipulating that 'farmers shall be prohibited from re-using seeds of protected varieties.' Monsanto has said that it has no interest in doing business in Iraq, but should the company change its mind, the American-style law is in place."

In fact, Monsanto has already been doing business in Iraq. According to a 2004 USAID Transition Plan for the Agriculture Sector in Iraq, "All the major international players in the pesticide field are now present in Iraq: Dow (USA), Syngenta (Swiss), Dupont (USA), Bayer (Germany), Monsanto (USA), Novartis, FMC (USA), Dupont and Uniroyal, BSF and Cynamide."

Monsanto's latest opportunity to do business in the US's occupied territories has been created by the National Guard's "Agri-Business Development Teams." The Missouri National Guard, which has maintained Agri-Business Development Teams in Nangarhar Province in Afghanistan since fall 2007, hosted Safi Mohammed Hussein, agriculture director of Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province, on a recent visit to Missouri. While in St. Louis, Safi toured the headquarters of biotech giant Monsanto.

www.organicconsumers.org...

What i see is the potential to jackboot the people like they were conqured so that corporate profits reign while being inforced by LEOs at the expense of common sense and freedom of choice.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

From what I have heard of the downside of soy, especially GMO soy, would fill a thread all by itself.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Cows are just more civil about it.

say ,don't be to sure: didn't bossie burn down chicago once't?

darn! kicked in the wayboes, AND landed on my dang mule again!
Soooo thats why when milking the old fashioned way they use three legged stools for a reason

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Liver is one of the reasons its hard to be truly vegan. And I can barely stand to eat it, but found a good way to cook chicken livers, which is probably the least vitamin filled. Vegan forms invariably rely on animals anyway to get these. However if you have your own organic cow, for milk and dairy products, and feed it organic grasses, then you may be able to avoid liver.

Yes, I smother my liver in onions, and sesame seeds, after simmering it in pastuerized milk

I think its vitamin K that is in the raw, organic butter, milk from organic grass fed cattle.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Almond milk is great and although it might not be so good in coffee it works well for most everything else that calls for milk.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AZsunshine

thats a thought...do they irradiate the almonds in almond milk?

I am almost afraid to google this LOL
Finally, beware of irradiated almonds in the United States. This serious problem is explained in detail below.

according to a Dr Wilson:

ALMOND MILK AND CHEESES
Almond milk and cheeses are sold as a substitutes for animal dairy products. This is a horrible lie. Almonds, while nutritious, do not contain nearly the amount of calcium and many other nutrients as are found in cow or goat milk, especially if the animal milk is raw – unpasteurized and not homogenized. The animal milks are far superior in nutrition and definitely best for a nutritional balancing program.

Also, almond milk and cheeses are much too yin to be eaten in any quantity. Often they also have sugar or other chemicals added to them, which just makes them worse foods. The only time I recommend almond milk is if one cannot tolerate any cow or goat milk, or one cannot obtain raw or Horizon organic milk or other dairy products.

Recipe for almond milk. If you must have almond milk, I suggest making your own, at home. Soak one half cup of almonds overnight in a glass of water. Soaking the almonds softens them and increases their digestibility.

In the morning, throw away the water. Rinse the almonds and then place them in a blender with 2-3 cups of water. Blend until smooth. You may drink the almond milk as is. Other options are to strain the milk through a fine strainer. Preferably, do not add any sweetening to the almond milk. It should be naturally sweet.

drlwilson.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You can make your own nut milk by throwing a handful of say, hempseeds, in the blender, with ~2 cups of water (experiment to your liking!). Strain through a nut milk bag, old t-shirt or pantyhose... and that's about as fresh and delicious as you can get. Not like whole milk? Try macadamia.

UNFERMENTED soy has been linked to a lot of health problems, including vasoconstriction (manifesting as, say, cramps in the legs).

A little bit of truly living miso, however, works wonders for radiation protection.

Raw almonds from Spain and Italy are not pasteurized. You can taste the difference. Sadly, if the labels to not explicitly declare "RAW" and "European," chances are, they've been irradiated. Breaks my heart.

I used to love (mainstream, pasteurized) dairy. I also used to have horrible acne all over my back and digestive ailments. When I stopped eating pasteurized dairy, all of those problems went away.

Soaking (preferably non-irradiated) nuts for 4-6 hours, then blending them with a few caps of powerful acidophilus, and leaving them to sit on the counter for 1-2 days will culture the nuts, and leave something with a cream-cheese like consistency. It is the "cheesiest" faux cheese I've ever encountered (add salt, herbs, lemon, nutritional yeast, have fun!). It takes some time... but... it's a nice treat and I don't have acne. Or cancer.

Milk, in ancient times, was considered sattvic--food of the highest purity. So sad that people have basically destroyed the option.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The only animal that drinks milk after being weaned are humans. That's why half of adults over middle age are lactose intolerant. Your body looses its ability to digest whole milk properly around age two or three. I think that should be obvious.

The article is about the hormone exposure and NOT Pasteurization.

I'm still waiting for an explanation from the food paranoia crowd as to why each generation lives longer and is healthier in old age? You know, the giant Elephant in the room everyone is pretending to ignore?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

Manic thanks for that info: nothing like home made

smoked almonds are one of my all time favourite foods

I just remembered that almonds contain laetrile and also that Edgar Cayce said if you eat a couple a day
you never need fear cancer...

which again leads us back to this conspiracy to commit cancer.. I betcha irradiation kills laetrile

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thats a good point it appears we may be living longer..( not then the old timers like Noah if you belive that sort of record LOL)
The science article was insupport of the article I posted from which is about the armed police and the way authourity is handling raw milk producers/sellers, vis a vis the (il)legal system

The mean age of death varied from province to province in 2005, with people in P.E.I. dying at 75.6 years old, while those in Nunavut died at 47.8.

In the other provinces and territories, the mean age of death was:

Nova Scotia: 75.3
Saskatchewan: 75.3
New Brunswick: 75.1
Manitoba: 74.6
British Columbia: 74.6
Ontario: 74.5
Quebec: 74.0
Newfoundland and Labrador: 73.7
Alberta: 71.6
Yukon: 66.2
Northwest Territories: 61.1
Chavez said the reasons for the variations were not studied in Statistics Canada's study, but she noted many factors could have played a role.

www.cbc.ca...

It appears even where you live affects life length..and it is said that years ago life expectancy was quite high but the stats are squewed because of infant mortality. which through cleaning up the environment and improvements in neonatal care ( like hand washing between patients) has probably vastly improved...

Pasturization as I understand it does affect the nutritional quality of milk adversly.
also there is the issue of eugenics
They have us living longer while some in power talk of there being too many of "us"

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

We're not animals in the jungle and use foods that are farmed, in civilization. And unlike apes who derive, for example, all their protein needs form fruit by eating massive amounts of it, or others who get on going vit C, we have huge needs for our bodies of essentials that its UP TO PERSONAL CHOICE WHICH FOODS, AND WAY OVER THE FDA REQUIREMENTS ARE NEEDED, TO GET THEM IT. We're all unique and different.

I for one drink alot of milk and suffer enormously if I dont' get it. Yogurt, cheese and butter are very good for you too, if its the right kind of cheese, not the crapola. And yogurt is a lifesaver. Butter is one of the best whole fats you can take aside from coconut oil and you actually need them all in fairly large amounts to be healthy.

By the way, the amount of vit C the fda prescribes equivalates the amount needed to prevent extreme scurvy symptoms, not health. Vit C is has receptors in the brain, must cross the brain/blood barrier, and thus you must take it in at least 1 gram a day or higher to do that.

Me, I'll stick with milk, my oldest son who is 1/4 native and has a dna reason for lactose intolerance, which otherwise, doesnt' run in my family of milk drinkers for generations, drinks it in less amounts.

Nor is that what she said.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yeap, they dont want us to get better, they want us sick. Cause a vehicle that keeps breaking down makes good business for the Auto Repair shops. But if you made one that lasted a lifetime, they would go broke.

Same goes for people. Just keep them sick enough they keep buying drugs, medicines, and hospital care, and makes good business for Big Pharma, Bill Gates foundation, and all the other criminals and eugenicists.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Here in NZ I buy an Aussie product called Vitasoy that is GMO free and organic. Dont know if you can get that brand there but I highly recommend it.
Being Vegan I dont have to worry too much about dairy ...although I still have a little in my coffee. Have tried other "milk type" products but its not the same..Soy tends to over power coffee too much....and curdles sometimes Yuk.
I agree with another poster..that we are the only species that does not wean itself off dairy/milk..
I have read something about milk having compounds in it that is utilized by/for rapidly dividing cells eg in infants.
But when consumed by adults can stimulate/feed rapidly growing cancer cells..IMO we should wean ourselves off animal milk/dairy products for this reason..
www.cancerproject.org...
www.preventcancer.com...

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I can see just looking around me. When I was young, you know in the age of the dinosaurs, people over say 65 were starting to die off quickly and many were in nursing homes. Now at 65 people are very active, healthy and a long ways from needing nursing care. I'm not that old and it's changed that much.

Of course vaccines have some to do with this as less kids die from childhood diseases. Some of the kids I went to school with who died young, would still be alive. I lost two classmates to just the Whooping Cough which is sadly making a comeback due to paranoia.

The real question on milk is why would people want to risk themselves and their children by using raw milk? I'm with everyone on the hormones being a bad thing, but I doubt even a shred of evidence exists that Pasteurization is bad.

Reminds me of people who eat good diets, who then fall for the hype and spend hundreds a month on vitamins and nutrients they don't need, lining the pockets of the snake oil salesman. You eat a good diet, that's all you need. The rest is just advertising gimmicks.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The only animal that drinks milk after being weaned are humans. That's why half of adults over middle age are lactose intolerant. Your body looses its ability to digest whole milk properly around age two or three. I think that should be obvious.

The article is about the hormone exposure and NOT Pasteurization.

I'm still waiting for an explanation from the food paranoia crowd as to why each generation lives longer and is healthier in old age? You know, the giant Elephant in the room everyone is pretending to ignore?

Just a guess, our longer lives (without looking at stats) could be partly to do with better medical care (less infectional deaths,better 1st aid/response times,surgery etc), less industrial/work related accidents, better safety practices overall. Eg we have less deaths from the inhalation of coal dust from workers today compared to 100 years ago due to improved work environment practices..

I would like to see some stats incorporating the above lifestyle differences from say now compared to 100 years ago.
From stats Ive read a while ago cancer deaths are constantly rising..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join