It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Shooting at Ohio school; victims unknown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

The only 4chan hit I saw googling that asked for a login. Since when do you have to login to an anon posting picture board?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Sometimes it is not a question of blame, but of protection.

Thank you Redneck that's exactly the point I was trying to make. Although I don't solely blame my brother there was no doubt in my mind that society, especially children, needed protection from him. Back in the day they at least tried.

School administrators conveyed to parents in a very strong way the seriousness of the situation. Strict guidelines were in place to protect the general school population and for good reason.

Today "special classes" aren't considered PC. Students today are not singled out or removed from regular classes. While I can understand the reasoning behind not segregating children from their peers, imo, not taking real measures to protect sets up other kids for victimization. The bullying problem immediately comes to mind.

Although in my brother's case the special classes/therapy didn't "cure" him, he was never given/allowed the opportunity to wreak havoc at school. Unsuspecting children were kept safe from him. Wish that kind of protection could've extended into the home/society.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Maybe that is the case for your state, but not all states. In NY, not only do they have special classes, but for the worst of the worst, they have special schools. Armed security and everything, I went to one of those schools. Most of the kids were from inner city environments, gangbanger types. I figured all states had that sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by murkraz

The only 4chan hit I saw googling that asked for a login. Since when do you have to login to an anon posting picture board?

No idea, I didn't go on 4chan nor do I regularly, it was a news site and there were a lot of them with the same pics.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Oh I misread what you said, it was a 4chan fansite, my bad. I am honestly staying out of this one, the whole JLL thing had me diggin for days, prettymuch all wasted time lol. Don't want to get sucked down that rabbit hole again.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

This is disturbing..

Listening to these calls kind of gives you chills. I know there is lunch room footage too, waiting for it to be released.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I guess it depends on where your at. I'm in rural Colorado. There are alternative schools up north in Denver, Greeley, CO Springs but nothing this far south. There's one in Pueblo, 70 miles away, but I believe it's for teens. You'd think after Columbine Colorado educators would've gotten a loud message. Unfortunately poorer counties have fallen through the cracks.

Aside from home schooling there really isn't anything available here. Dealing with behavior problems is all that gets accomplished in our public schools.

Classrooms were out of control back when my kids were in school but it's gotten worse. All those little behavior problems grew up and now their kids are in school. I feel so sorry for young parents who just want their kids to be safe.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A Question of Motive

wtop.com...
"...the prosecutor appeared to rule out rumors and speculation that the gunman lashed out after being bullied or that the shooting had something to do with drug-dealing."

So they apparently asked him why he did it, but they aren't telling us what TJ's answer was. Why not? Because his answer is the same as all the other surviving random-rage school shooters:

12-16-92 Wayne Lo, 18, Simon's Rock College, Great Barrington, MA 2 dead, 4 wounded
"At the time I thought I did the right thing," he said recently. "But as I look back at it over time, more and more it doesn't make sense to me. And more and more I ask myself, Why? Why did I do it? I mean, Why?"

2-2-96 Barry Loukaitus, 14, Moses Lake, WA, Frontier Jr H.S. 3 dead, 1 wounded
"There are things in life we're never going to understand, and this case is one of those..."--His Attorney
"Barry never articulated a reason why he did what he did." --John Knodel, Grant County prosecutor who handled the case.

12-1-97 Michael Carneal, Paducah, KY, Heath H.S. 3 dead, 5 wounded
Carneal's home room teacher reported that Carneal did not seem to recognize what he had done."
--When ask why he did it, he said he didn't know.

3-24-98 Mitchel Johnson, 13, and Andrew Golden, 11, Jonesboro, AS, Westside Middle School 5 dead
--"Since that day, when the boys have been asked the same question(why did they shoot), they appeared not to be able to give an answer." Johnson: "I really thought that no one would actually be hurt."

4-24-98 Andrew Wurst 14, Edinborough, PA, Parker Middle School(at off-campus school dance) 1 dead, 3 wounded
--"Why did he do it? Andrew doesn't know, ...saying he had no reason of kill the teacher." "...no one...that evening could recall anything that might explain what happened. Andrew himself has no explanation."

5-22-98 Kip Kinkel, Springfield, OR, Thurston High School, 1 dead, 7 seriously wounded
--In police interview he repeated "over and over" that "I had no choice."
Q: Why did you go to school and start shooting people?
A: I had to. I had no other choice. I couldn't do anything else.

4-27-99 Todd Cameron Smith, Taber, Alberta W.R. Myers HS, 1 dead, 1 wounded
--In a signed police statement, the boy later said: "I have no particular reason for shooting the boys that I did. I don't know who any of them were."

5-20-99 T.J. Solomon, 15, Conyers, GA, Heritage High, 6 wounded-
--Upon handing the gun over(a teacher had convinced T.J. not to kill himself--the barrel was in his mouth)he started crying hysterically and said repeatedly "I don't know why I did this."

12-6-99 Seth Trickey, 13, Fort Gibson, OK, 4 wounded
--"He said 'I don't know' when asked why he did it."

2-14-01 Jeremy Getman arrested at Southside High School in Elmira, New York State
--He admitted that he intended to shoot students and teachers and toss bombs into crowds when he brought weapons to Southside High School on Valentine's Day. Police said they have no motive for what could have been a killing spree.

3-5-01 Charles 'Andy' Williams, Santana HS, San Diego County 2 dead, 13 wounded
--Williams was interrogated by detectives for about an hour after his arrest, and while prosecutor Anton declined to detail what he said, she indicated the statements may not explain why he opened fire.

10-9-06 Memorial Middle School, Joplin, MO
--A 13-year-old student walked into the east side of Memorial Middle School, shooting wth a rifle.... (boy's attorney Chuck)Lonardo said the boy's motives and intentions remain unclear even to him after sitting in on juvenile authorities' interview of the boy after the shooting. "That's just it," Lonardo said. "We still don't know.
edit on 29-2-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

/
edit on 29-2-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just as I suspected, the suspect cannot explain his motivations:

fox8.com...
Thomas “T.J.” Lane, 17, claimed he walked into Chardon High School and randomly pointed a .22 Luger pistol at students he didn’t know. When asked why he would do that, he told Chardon police, “he could not say.”

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Strange indeed.... If I were going to shoot someone, I would surely have a concrete reason as to why..... What is going on?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
A year later, the alleged shooter TJ Lane has plead guilty:

www.cbsnews.com...
Prosecutors agreed to drop the possibility of the death penalty, and Lane will likely be sentenced to life in prison. Prosecutors said Lane fired 10 shots at students at Chardon High School, east of Cleveland, on Feb. 27, 2012. Lane, who was 17 at the time, was prosecuted as an adult.

I seriously doubt that TJ would have gotten the death penalty even if he had been found guilty at trial. So who is really being served by such a 'deal?' And where are all the details proving TJ's guilt? The ballistics, the gunshot residue evidence, the fingerprints, etc.? None of that info was ever released.

And if the investigators cannot come up with a motive, then this crime cannot be considered to have been solved. But there have been so many stories like this. Who is even paying attention anymore?

/
edit on 26-2-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join