It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.Dinosaurs Never Existed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

edit on 27-2-2012 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2012 by davethebear because: attachment problem

link   

Originally posted by warlok
Why would you believe in Adam and Eve (no proof, only a story) and not in dinosaurs (lots of proof)? Just doesn't make that much sense IMO.
That it is the problem the two do not match.

link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Come on dude.

How long did it take you to come up with this ? I love a good theory/conspiracy but this is way out there.

This is mushroom stuff best kept to ones self in a closed room

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Your opinion is wrong I'm afraid.
Could be,could be not.The time is relative to new discoveries.

So you are ignoring all the discoveries already made by paleontology? Empirical science cast aside so you can bury your intellect in moronic 'theories'?

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

The whole idea is so insane, I just enjoy playing along with them now for a laugh.....
2nd line...........

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
What if Adam and Eve were dinosaurs?!?!?!?!?!

He was a T-rex with a heart of gold and she was a stegasaurus with an appitite for forbidden fruit.
edit on 27-2-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)
I don't think so,I try to look at this as serious matter.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

So you are ignoring all the discoveries already made by paleontology
No I am not,just asking some questions about how the two can coexist.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by warlok
Why would you believe in Adam and Eve (no proof, only a story) and not in dinosaurs (lots of proof)? Just doesn't make that much sense IMO.
That it is the problem the two do not match.

They do not match because Adam and Eve is a story to be taken on faith with no evidence whatsoever and the other has boatloads of evidence to support the existence.

To each his own. This thread was entertaining, but now has become redundant in ridiculusness.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Good Lord, and I thought Jehovah's Witnesses were the only people who believe that Satan planted false evidence to discredit "God's Word".......

edit on 27-2-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Adam and Even mark the fourth epoch of mankind.. Three more epochs existed before that time.........

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by seabhac-rua

So you are ignoring all the discoveries already made by paleontology
No I am not,just asking some questions about how the two can coexist.

They can only coexist in the minds of people. Whether mankind (and everything we dream up or create, like silly stories about how we got here) existed or not, the fossil record would still be there, an immutable and undeniable history of this planet's biodiversity.
edit on 27-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

I agree with that.

And the explanation of the planted evidence is the most simple one.

Okay.... first off, The presumption that the simplest solution is the correct one is a misunderstanding of Occams Razor.

Occam's razor, also known as Ockham's razor, and sometimes expressed in Latin as lex parsimoniae (the law of parsimony, economy or succinctness), is a principle that generally recommends that, from among competing hypotheses, selecting the one that makes the fewest new assumptions usually provides the correct one, and that the simplest explanation will be the most plausible until evidence is presented to prove it false.

Occams razor is about the theory making the least new assumptions, being more likely to be the correct one.

This is what "Simple" means in this context.

So, now back to the topic at hand...

Dinosaurs Vs Adam and Eve.

On the one hand, the Evidence for the existence of dinosaurs does not require any new assumptions, because we have the evidence of the dinosaur fossils that fit perfectly into the fossil record, genetic record, and morphological evidence that we have about various species of life on the planet.

We already KNOW that bones, when buried may turn into fossils due to chemical processes, so the existence of fossils does not make any new assumptions.

On the other hand, the Adam and Eve theory asks us to disregard the existence of dinosaur fossils as hoaxes and deliberately planted to trick us, it asks us to assume that hundreds of thousands of fossils from all over the world have been "Planted" there for the specific purpose of getting us to not believe in a story that is merely thousands of years old, written by people who did not know about dinosaurs, fossils, and what have you.

Now, of those two competing ideas, which one makes the least assumptions?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Diamondsmith,

You seem to take the bible and especially the creation story litterally, so i ask you this very simple question:

Did Adam have a belly button?
Did Eve have a belly button?
think carefully and let me know.

also : Bring us one fossil bone of Adam or Eve, and we'll start taking your theory into consideration, but unless you can provide us with some fossil records, your claim is a wild, and yes, a somewhat "trollish" one.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
Diamondsmith,

You seem to take the bible and especially the creation story litterally, so i ask you this very simple question:

also : Bring us one fossil bone of Adam or Eve, and we'll start taking your theory into consideration, but unless you can provide us with some fossil records, your claim is a wild, and yes, a somewhat "trollish" one.

I'll add to that. If God created man in his own image.....does God have nipples? And why?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I didn't read to much ...only about 2000 all that I have in my collection.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ok i will be serious for a minute....Take a read of this material, for your own sake OP.
en.wikipedia.org...Burgess Shale
en.wikipedia.org...KT impact event.
en.wikipedia.org...Evolution of birds..
en.wikipedia.org...Big bang..
en.wikipedia.org...Formation and evolution of the Solar System
en.wikipedia.org...Paleontology.
en.wikipedia.org...Geology.
en.wikipedia.org...Dinosaur.
en.wikipedia.org...Charles Darwin.
en.wikipedia.org...DNA.
en.wikipedia.org...Plate tectonics.
en.wikipedia.org...(science)Gaia hypothesis.
These should give you a decent introduction to the real world, goodluck with it

link   
Theory:
"Dinosaur" bones were left by giant alien picnickers.

Theory:
"Dinosaur" bones were left by the Evil Genius.

Fact:
This is cutting edge science. Besides all the great weight of fossilized bones, soft tissue is now being discovered within them, given the advances in scientific technique. Yes, tissue still elastic, and intact cells after "65,000,000" years. A bit of a stretch, methinks.

There is historical and even current evidence for their existence. How else did we get our ideas/myths/legends of dragons? In Africa, people in certain remote areas recognize pictures of dinos as identical to large animals sometimes seen in the area. I could add many pages of such evidence.

We were all there in the beginning.

link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Originally posted by XyZeR
Diamondsmith,

I'll add to that. If God created man in his own image.....does God have nipples? And why?

Tuning into the radio?.
Tweaks his nips to tune into prayers?.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Adam and Even mark the fourth epoch of mankind.. Three more epochs existed before that time.........
I never doubt that only I think we know a tiny part of the history.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Bring us one fossil bone of Adam or Eve
I'd try a guess they were only two and fossils by millions...hard to say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join