It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 50 Counties In China Are Sinking !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Maybe that is why the Chinese are building a ghosts cities ????

According to research, more than 50 counties in China are slowly sinking. Experts compare land sinking to a chronic disease, that goes unnoticed but remains dangerous. More than 50 county-areas in China are suffering from land subsidence, while the total area of land lower than 200 millimeters has reached 79,000 square kilometers. Parts of the cities may be submerged under water in the future. The areas which have the most severe situations are the Yangtze River Delta, the North China Plain and the Fen-Wei basin. According to the China Geological Survey, in the past decades, the economic losses caused by land subsidence in the Yangtze River Delta have totaled up to 315 billion yuan. The economic losses of the North China Plain amount to 332.8 billion yuan. As large as 79,000 square kilometers of land has dropped more than 200 millimeters, Zhang Zuozhen, vice-president of China Geological Environmental Monitoring Institute, told CCTV. The subsidence mainly occurs at the Yangtze River Delta, North China and plain areas covering North China's Shanxi province and Northwest China's Shaanxi province, he said. The lowering of ground is mainly caused by excessive exploitation of underground water, which has led to damage of buildings, bridges, underground pipelines and dysfunction of urban drainage system, according to the report. The State Council has approved a plan of preventing land subsidence from 2011 to 2020, which was jointly created by several ministries and commissions including Ministry of land and Resources.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
China only has 33 provinces - broken down in to: 22 provinces, 4 municipalities, 5 autonomous regions and 2 special administrative regions!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've been talking about sea level rise as a serious thing to come and ironically i received a little brochure talking about flood zones. In miami beach where i live, during high tide the streets are flooded now. I'm pretty sure miami will be flooded eventually and this goes to all other coastal cities.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

Interesting vid, watched some of it, but it'd be more helpful if there were an english translation to it. Ok. now that's out of the way, this all looks to be fairly recent right? Now, could it be possible that all these counties are settling into sink holes? If so why would this be happening now?
Ok, now I'll throw the 2012 thing out there. Could this be a start of some of the Earth changes that are supposed to be happening?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SunWuKong

Australia only has 5 states and 2 territories. Within the states we have shires and there are plenty of them. Does China have the same sort of setup and could this be what the op is referring too?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It is analogous to the counties that make up a single state of the USA.

If you look on a map you can see their borders and designations.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

could it be because they've grown so much rice and burnt away the substance after harvest? Mass is lost this way, soil does go down over time.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Seaweed is eatable, high ORAC.
edit on 24-5-2012 by thorforecaster because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
China has low lands, not surprised about it. US will probably be next.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
I've been talking about sea level rise as a serious thing to come and ironically i received a little brochure talking about flood zones. In miami beach where i live, during high tide the streets are flooded now. I'm pretty sure miami will be flooded eventually and this goes to all other coastal cities.

Say What? Miami Beach streets are flooding at high tide? I use to live in North Bay Village and streets would flood at high tide only if we had big storms at the same time. They never just flooded on their own. Are you saying that this street flooding is now a daily occurence?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

This is the type of stuff that scares the heck out of me, well this and sinkholes.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Is there anything new about this?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
China doesnt care. They have so many people, the Communist leaders barely try to hide the fact that they think its a good thing when more people die off from catastrophes.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

The whole world is sinking. We as humans on earth should have this whole Ice Age cycle figured out and harnessed by now but nope. I believe the oceans are the radiators of the earth as the earth warms for whatever reasons the ice melts to help cool the core and once the tipping point is reached and the earth starts to cool the ice refreezes and the water levels drop to keep the earth from over freezing. It's a magical cycle that has been going on for hundreds of thousands of years and we can harness this cycle for our benefit but nobody looks at 1,000 years in the future anymore like we did in ancient times it's all about how can I make a dollar today and double it tomorrow. Water which gives us life will ultimately be the thing that takes us out. Imagine trying to relocate a billion people world wide because what was once cities is now Atlantis.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The real issue that I'm shocked no one here has realized is that this means China is depleting their aquifers and could have a severe water shortage in decades to come. If that happens they will probably end up stealing water from Russia and that could cause a war.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Exact info.!!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
CCP will face many natural disasters for their destroying the nature and moral value

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegazap

could it be because they've grown so much rice and burnt away the substance after harvest? Mass is lost this way, soil does go down over time.

They've been pumping out millions of gallons of fresh water from the aquifers, which was supporting the bedrock, so the aquifers are collapsing and taking the bedrock down with them.

new topics

top topics

join