Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's Fatwa against nuclear weapons.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has issued the Fatwa that the production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons are forbidden under Islam and that the Islamic Republic of Iran shall never acquire these weapons.

The savagery of the attack, the human suffering it caused, the scale of the civilian loss of life turning individuals, old and young, into ashes in a split second, and maiming indefinitely those who survived should never be removed from our memory. It is the most absurd manifestation of irony that the single state who caused this single nuclear catastrophe in a twin attack on our earth now has assumed the role of the prime preacher in the nuclear field while ever expanding its nuclear weapons capability.

www.ww4report.com...

Funny how we never hear about this in the press. But this statement was made by the Ayatollah in August of 2005.

I urge you to vist the link and read the full transcript.

I think it shows that Iran are certainly not pushing for some kind of nuclear armageddon.

www.mathaba.net...

This thread is not about Human rights issues in Iran, this is about whether or not they are the threat they are being portrayed as.
edit on 27-2-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Ive always found it funny that countries think they can tell other countries what to do, its violating their Sovereignty, you know an act of war...

Maybe everyone should get together and tell the Major Nuclear powers to give up their arsenals?

Or how about F-it, lets give every country of the world 1 nuke that doesn't have it.

What is it, an armed society is a polite society

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I would really like to get more excited about this news, but what if the US government issued a statement six years ago about how wonderful it was, just spreading peace and democracy in the middle east. There would be a lot of skepticism. Six years is a long time ago, fatwas can, and do, change.

Besides, here's something more from the source article:

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who took office just recently, in his inaugural address reiterated that his government is against weapons of mass destruction and will only pursue nuclear activities in the peaceful domain. The leadership of Iran has pledged at the highest level that Iran will remain a non-nuclear-weapon state party to the NPT and has placed the entire scope of its nuclear activities under IAEA safeguards and additional protocol, in addition to undertaking voluntary transparency measures with the agency that have even gone beyond the requirements of the agency's safeguard system.
See what I mean? Maybe he meant it six years ago, maybe not. But it certainly doesn't apply anymore.

I want peace, I want security, and I want freedom. Is that even possible?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Who's next?

"we'll try to stay serene and calm, when Alabama gets the bomb"

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The statements the Ayatollah made about nuclear weapons and their devastating effects wont , I believe have changed in the intervening 6 years.

The savagery of the attack, the human suffering it caused, the scale of the civilian loss of life turning individuals, old and young, into ashes in a split second, and maiming indefinitely those who survived should never be removed from our memory.

www.ww4report.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Funny how all the hawks on ATS think Iran should be bombed because they have nukes. Iran do not have nukes and have not attacked a nation in over a hundred years..

They lied about Iraq they are lying about Iran

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Media reported about this...in 2005.

But, seriously...its just a piece of paper.

On the other hand, Kamanei knows that nuclear countries are kinda safe from attacks.

If you think a PIECE OF PAPER will make Iran safe from an attack...so be it, its your opinion

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Dear woodwardjnr,

I really hope you're right. I don't know enough about the facts of Iranian political life. If it came to a showdown on military issues, who would win, the Ayatollah or the President?

I note that Ahmadinejad's statement of six years ago doesn't seem to apply any more. The Ayatollah's opinion was expressed, as you point out, with such firmness that I hope it is still the controlling policy of the country.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

It's not just a piece of paper, it's a fatwa. But, hey I guess what he really meant was, " I want a nuclear stock pile and to use it against Isareal". I guess i'm not very good at reading in between the lines.

Another misinterpretation maybe?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Recollector

It's not just a piece of paper, it's a fatwa. But, hey I guess what he really meant was, " I want a nuclear stock pile and to use it against Isareal". I guess i'm not very good at reading in between the lines.

Another misinterpretation maybe?

Its still a piece of paper.You give to much credit to a piece of paper.

The question is, after 8 years of warmongering against Iran, and lately, with incresingly chances for an attack against Iran, what will be the BEST defence of Iran :

A piece of paper or the fact that countries with nuclear weapons are safe from an attack ?

History lessons :
-Iraq reactor in 1981 got bombed by Israel.After a decade, Iraq got bombed to smitherness by allied forces...TWO times (iraq war 1 and 2).
-Syrian reactor in 2007 got bombed by Israel.After 3 years, Syria is in civil war and close to become Lybia 2.0.

But maybe Kamenei is really STUPID, and thinks that a fatwa (which is words on a PIECE OF PAPER) will prevent an attack on HIS OWN country.

However, i really really doubt that Kamenei is STUPID.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

The Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has issued the Fatwa that the production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons are FORBIDDEN under Islam and that the Islamic Republic of Iran shall never acquire these weapons.

replace the underlined word with ALLOWED and it will hit every single news station in the whole world

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think much has changed since 2005, especially inside Iran where Ahmadinejad certainly seems to have more power and influence now than he did back then when he was first elected.

Domestic, regional and world events since then could quite easily have caused a radical change of policy.

Ahmadinejad seems convinced of the imminent return of The Mahdi and the confrontation with non-Islamic forces that heralds etc.

Of course Iran has every right to nuclear power capability and 'the west' should be working with the Iranian government to ensure that their nuclear programme meets all necessary safety and efficiency requirements etc.

But Iran is a signatory to The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
Yet still Iran refuses to fully co-operate with IAEA and it's inspection team.

A senior IAEA expert team is returning from Iran after two days of discussions with Iranian officials held on 20 and 21 February 2012. The meeting followed previous discussions held on 29 to 31 January 2012.

During both the first and second round of discussions, the Agency team requested access to the military site at Parchin. Iran did not grant permission for this visit to take place.

Intensive efforts were made to reach agreement on a document facilitating the clarification of unresolved issues in connection with Iran's nuclear programme, particularly those relating to possible military dimensions. Unfortunately, agreement was not reached on this document.

"It is disappointing that Iran did not accept our request to visit Parchin during the first or second meetings," IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said. "We engaged in a constructive spirit, but no agreement was reached."

www.iaea.org...

So what is Iran hiding?

Iran is under no immediate nuclear threat from it's neighbours.
And any weapons Iran could realistically develop in the near future could hold no potential threat to any existing nuclear powers.

So why does Iran want nuclear weapons?

I suspect Iran wishes to impose itself upon it's Sunni neighbours and possibly be the focal and rallying point for The Mahdi.
Never discount the strength and influence of religious conviction amongst the overtly religious.

Personally I believe that allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons would pose an increased threat to world peace and stability and should be actively resisted.

How we go about achieving that is another matter.

I certainly don't advocate any military confrontation at all and would actively protest against any such action if our government was to propose it.

And I don't think sanctions work.
Any sanctions taken will not affect the nuclear development programme one little bit.
And they won't affect The Mullahs and their regime.
The only people who will suffer are the ordinary Iranians.

So, what is the answer?

To be honest, I don't know.

But I think we should work harder to ensure a diplomatic solution to the problem and also maybe be more understanding of Iran's apparent cares and concerns.
However, Iran also needs to be more understanding of our misgivings and be more accomodating and transparent in their dealing with the IAEA etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Dear Freeborn,

I had to give you a star, very solid post, I'm envious.

Is there a possibility between war and diplomacy? I'm not entirely clear on what I mean, but I'm thinking of small, surgical strikes. What happens if we take out half a military base, or a courthouse or put a very large hole centered in front of the Presidential Palace? Perhaps the motorcyclists with magnetic bombs?

I'm not sure I like the idea, but, like you, I'm looking for anything which may bring us to a solution.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What are Iran's cares and concerens? Has anyone heard them? Anyone this is a world wide forum so anything from anyone Aljazzera perhaps? What is to talk about if one side says no weapons and the other says well then no ....?
How do you meet in the middle?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by moderateAmerican
What are Iran's cares and concerens? Has anyone heard them? Anyone this is a world wide forum so anything from anyone Aljazzera perhaps? What is to talk about if one side says no weapons and the other says well then no ....?
How do you meet in the middle?

That is exactly why this is such a scary situation. IRAN is playing against a stacked deck.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What it boils down to is this Fatwa still active/current

A lot of people are debating back and forth if this Fatwa is still valid.... Yet no one has bothered to ask Sayyid Ali Khamene fo rthe actual awnser.

Will post back in a few days when/if I hear from him asking if thisd Fatwa is still valid.

His website: www.leader.ir...

-DB

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Muslims are permitted, even encouraged to lie to further the cause of Islam, which is to unite the world under Islam and establish world wide sharia law. Watch some of Choudray's videos on youtube and then pick up a Quran and read both it and the hadiths.

I wouldn't believe anything that came out of that man's mouth. Politicians will tell you anything you want to hear, except the truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I found this fatwa interesting, because one would not issue it so lightly to be honest.

However, because indeed the age of it, and the time in which has passed since he stated it, questions have now risen to the effect that is it still valid given situation in which Iran is now involved in and facing.

Best way to solve this question, was I thought to ask him, if he indeed does reply (which I sincerely hope he or one of his staff do), then we have the official word from the leadership on Iran.

I just want to solve the question of is this fatwa still valid according to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yet you believe every word he says when its bad stuff about destroying Israel and the west?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Muslims are permitted, even encouraged to lie to further the cause of Islam, which is to unite the world under Islam and establish world wide sharia law. Watch some of Choudray's videos on youtube and then pick up a Quran and read both it and the hadiths.

I wouldn't believe anything that came out of that man's mouth. Politicians will tell you anything you want to hear, except the truth.

Iran does not want nuclear weapons
Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map
Nuclear weapons are against Muslim law

Which one is a lie?
Again I am playing "Cherry pick the truth"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join