It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP!!1st attempt meditation REM within 5 min

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Ok so ill make it quick.. Basically i've been on the verge of spiritual awaking for a couple months now I could just feel it. I've always had the urge to learn the basics of meditation and its different forms to find one that best suits me. After little research I figured out meditation itself can be pretty easy and concluded I had to try it. However, I also have a terrible problem with procrastination. Every time I have the opportunity and quiet space to meditate I choose to watch netflix or play xbox or anything but always something other then meditating. Well tonight while doing research I came across a "528 Hz Theta binaural beats 6 Hz" video and decided for the first time to meditate, to it. I closed my eyes placed my hands and feet together and just focused on mentally letting go. Well within 5 minutes my eyes starting twitching uncontrollably and I felt this explosion of euphoria come over me like I was entering another realm. I hate to compare it to this but it was like an orgasm in my entire body. I remember thinking this must be R.E.M. Basically as soon as it started it freaked me out like I thought I might go into a seizure so I opened my eyes and said "oh my god" over and over again and my eyes were watering profusely.

Now the thing to understand here is that this was all happening in a moment. Probably no longer then 2-3 seconds from when my eyes started twitching and the euphoria to me making the split second decision to open my eyes and not to experience what ever was about to happen. In retro I wish I would have kept going and seen what I was suppose to, but it was freighting. This experience is one I greatly appreciate as I have never been one to believe in the man with the beard and sandals. This experience reassured me there is more to the universe then the fabricated world around us. It was awesome.

I guess my question is has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any input would be appreciated. As I said, this was my first time ever meditating and it was just a little to powerful for my first rodeo. I am anxious to revisit very soon though.

P.S. sorry for this disorganization or misspellings I just threw this together.

edit on 27-2-2012 by whenWEallFALLdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whenWEallFALLdown

and..... you got stuck out there?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel

ha no when i was typing in the title to the post i hit enter thinking it was going to drop down to the part where i actually write my post and it posted a damn blank thread so i had to hurry up and edit it so it might actually be seen

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

That is why I dont start threads, I do the same thing then have to see all the funny posts about content.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

When I had my experience I was doing compassion meditation. I felt the Orgasm like feeling and buzzing through my whole body, then light shone through the contents of the room I was in until everything was light. I had my eyes open though.

I'm happy to hear you had a positive experience! Keep going, nothing on the Xbox comes close =)

top topics

join