It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel officials confirm $1.6b. Azerbaijan defense deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Israeli Aerospace Industries will be supplying Azerbaijan with missile defense systems and some other neat stuff.

Azerbaijan is a former Soviet Union State and is primarily Muslim and borders northeastern Iran.

Well I guess money has no borders sometimes.

And naturally, last week we heard of Azerbaijan breaking up an Iranian terror cell that had plans to attack the Israeli Embassy.

02/26/2012 21:50 -- JPost, Israel

Israeli officials confirmed on Sunday a deal to sell defense equipment to Azerbaijan to the tune of $1.6 billion.

According to the officials, Israeli Aerospace Industries will supply the formerly soviet country with unmanned aerial vehicles and missile defense systems.

Azerbaijan, a secular country with a predominantly Muslim population, grew closer to Israel after the fall of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s.

Another contributing factor for the strengthening of ties is the deterioration of ties between Israel and Turkey. Both countries share borders with Iran.

Iran has in the past accused Azerbaijan of allowing Israeli spies it suspected of assassinating Iranian nuclear scientists to infiltrate from the Azeri border.

Israeli Aerospace Industries will supply Azerbaijan with unmanned aerial vehicles, missile defense systems.

Israel does have Muslim friends !!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Israel does have Muslim friends !!

Yeah , but look at them mostly are puppets.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Geee, I wonder where THAT money's coming from!

....back to work I go.....

new topics

join