It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratfor : Wiki hits first Gold : Wachovia Money Laundering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Stratfor : Wiki hits first Gold : US Bank - Wachovia Money

__._

Right. What i'm saying is that Wachovia ALONE handled ~$125 billion per
year in shady cash from Mexico from 2004-2007. And that doesn't even
count the money that stayed in cash, went to the Bahamas or stayed in
Mexico.

That makes the $40 bn per year stat seem pretty miniscule, no?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
t imesofindia.indiatimes.com
www.jpost.com
edit on 27-2-2012 by R_Clark because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The first links are out. Excellent info.. The scope is breathtaking..

Trolls and Disinfo agents gather around.. It looks like it is prime time for you guys to earn your fees.. The first three released emails are a US bank criminally involved in money laundering on such a scale that it is frightening, of course the Justice Dept has no indictments. and subverting Chavez a head of State.., and stating that Israel destroyed Iran's Nuke infrastructure.

Nothing to read here... move on move on..

__._

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I can help but feel wiki leaks, occupy and anon are all part of a much larger psy-op to get us to hate the 1% and banks (and yes they deserve it)

Look at the stuff hollywood is putting out, things like the new rainbow six game (targeting the rich) and the new batman movie where the whole plot revolves around the clash of the rich and poor.

Just seems someone wants class warfare for a much larger end game to me.

Look at the first depression when people lost confidence in the banks, who benefited most? same names, just different methods.
edit on 27-2-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Guess I'll keep this reply simple, "It's all engineered to be part of a master plan". From what seems like accidents to coincidences, it's all planned... Including our knowledge of this.

Fox

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I don't think the spread of the knowledge was apart of the plan, thats why we are seeing things like SOPA, PIPA, Etc, the internet was a mistake.

They do understand it, and they fear it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I can help but feel wiki leaks, occupy and anon are all part of a much larger psy-op to get us to hate the 1% and banks (and yes they deserve it)

Look at the stuff hollywood is putting out, things like the new rainbow six game (targeting the rich) and the new batman movie where the whole plot revolves around the clash of the rich and poor.

Just seems someone wants class warfare for a much larger end game to me.

Look at the first depression when people lost confidence in the banks, who benefited most? same names, just different methods.

Well said and agreed.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I very much agree with you about the connections and hard push to class warfare. By what I have seen so far of the Stratfor leaks, this is like dumping the mid to lower end of the touchy CIA stuff all at once. Casual chit chat....and that's the worst. It's casual reference to sources and information that can quickly identify sources. Wow... I'm stunned. Word is, Goldman Sachs is next...tonight!

I have a weird feeling about all this. Anyone else? This is ringing bells and crossing lines that can't be undone. Why the sudden decision to just go for broke? I mean, this is going to bring retribution. Really, REALLY ugly retribution. What suddenly made this worth it?

Hmm... Yeah... Definitely a weird feeling.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe things are coming to a head, with the Bank resignations we have been hearing about, Syria, Iran, Greece.

Its either all coming apart at the seems, or its a purposeful burning of the system for whats to come...

Iran cuts oil from Greece, Oil fuels growth, Greece fails pulling EU down, US intervention or NATO in Syria leads to Isreal attacking iran.

Mean while us economy hit with high gass prices, throw in Explosive info on the greed of banks.

Sit and watch it all kick off.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Not exactly secret tho, is it??

I mean that email exchange also includes this Guardian article - www.guardian.co.uk...

And it looks mostly like Stratfor are as amazed as much as anyone about how much there is and how "they" are getting away with it.

What is it you think is revealed???

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It isn't necessarily that content is revealing some superpsecret stuff....Although I did see a few things that I'm not repeating that I sure as heck didn't know and I've looked HARD into the subjects. Of 5 MILLION Emails? Oh my... This is just a glimpse of the index of the book, and the book is War and Peace.

In being surprised about how normal this all looks, what did everyone expect? I wouldn't expect internal emails of the CIA or Mossad to be all that much more interesting in terms of giant Gotcha moments. It's the filling in of all the little gaps to make a picture that makes all this priceless. Hours of reading....to reach the Gotcha. It's worth it for that.

It's also the casual banter and detail in private Emails like this....mixed and compared with client and source lists as well as other things..which will probably get people killed as sources not EVERYONE on Earth knew about. Even stuff that leaked a few years ago are things that SOMEONE still wants to know who talked about.....and this may give so much of that. That isn't good.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

Stratfor : Wiki hits first Gold : US Bank - Wachovia Money

__._

Right. What i'm saying is that Wachovia ALONE handled ~$125 billion per
year in shady cash from Mexico from 2004-2007. And that doesn't even
count the money that stayed in cash, went to the Bahamas or stayed in
Mexico.

That makes the $40 bn per year stat seem pretty miniscule, no?

$40 bn miniscule? Perhaps, only costs $160 million to play. That's what the bank had to shell-out, out of court settlement, for getting caught. At that price, considering the profits plus no one going to prison, seems a mere pittance to stay in the game.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Criminal proceedings were brought against Wachovia, though not against any individual, but the case never came to court. In March 2010, Wachovia settled the biggest action brought under the US bank secrecy act, through the US district court in Miami. Now that the year's "deferred prosecution" has expired, the bank is in effect in the clear. It paid federal authorities $110m in forfeiture, for allowing transactions later proved to be connected to drug smuggling, and incurred a $50m fine for failing to monitor cash used to ship 22 tons of coc aine

For a little more info on this see the ATS thread at www.abovetopsecret.com... just in case you might have missed it back in April 2011

edit on 27-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
And Wachovia is now Wells Fargo.

Wonder if that made the trail a bit harder to follow or easier to cover up.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
For the record, the total laundered is 378 billion dollars.........

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
"Criminal proceedings were brought against Wachovia, though not against any individual, but the case never came to court. In March 2010, Wachovia settled the biggest action brought under the US bank secrecy act, through the US district court in Miami. Now that the year's "deferred prosecution" has expired, the bank is in effect in the clear. It paid federal authorities $110m in forfeiture, for allowing transactions later proved to be connected to drug smuggling, and incurred a $50m fine for failing to monitor cash used to ship 22 tons of coc aine"

Which only goes to show, Justice is not blind, but she sure is Greedy. Enough money will get you out of anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by FoxStriker

I don't think the spread of the knowledge was apart of the plan, thats why we are seeing things like SOPA, PIPA, Etc, the internet was a mistake.

They do understand it, and they fear it.

Isn't the UN pushing for Internet Kill Switch/Censorship with Russia & China as the leads? The SOPA/PIPA was shot down not too long ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the agencies use this incident as another reason to push the UN led initiate of restricting and censoring the Internet.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's about time something like this comes out, Isnt it obvious the MX drug carts and others are so powerfull and connected they couldnt possibly survive without been a organised,invested in business? And this would possibly be an indication as to why most goverments dont get involved with legalising it, It's funny how america DID legalise it, I bet this involved a few "Accidents" Along the way.

Maybe try fighting the war's at home first or is that impossible because it's to far gone. A country who's been around for as little as it has and becomes so "powerfull" so quick, Is a joke.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wells Fargo may or may not have knowingly engaged in money laundering as part of a greater conspiracy involving elite banks, it certainly wouldn't surprise me. This company has to be so infiltrated with intelligence assets that it's hard to imagine anything going on with them that wasn't known or coordinated with TPTB.

Well Fargo also had a large number of their records in the WTC, which were lost on 9/11. Not too mention, an ATM card of Waleed Iskandar (one of the hijackers) miraculously turned up one year later as additional "proof" of who the terrorists were, having been scooped up from the streets below the collapsed towers (much like the miraculous passport, also belonging to one of the terrorists). Not saying this has anything to do with the Wachovia/Wells Fargo link, but it does paint them as potentially a part of "TPTB".

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Rare(!) MSM win 2 years ahead of wikileaks.
Includes actual amount of money laundered and for how long. (~$375 billion spread over 3 years)
Headline alleges banks financed Mexico drug cartels in tunes of billions.

Banks Financing Mexico Gangs Admitted in Wells Fargo Deal

edit on 27-2-2012 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2012 by PINGi14 because: spelling, clarify

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Actually, it seems like revolution sells, and people know this, so they exploit an act as primal as revolution and adapt it into pop culture. There is money to be made off of the 99% ideology, so naturally people are milking it. Whether it is a psy-op only time will tell, but as you said, perhaps the 1% is deserving of our anger.

new topics

join