It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Burkett admits he is source for fake documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Bill Burkett, a former Texas National Guardsman and longtime hater of President Bush, as much as admitted he is the source for the fake documents used by CBS in an attempt to besmirch the President's National Guard service. Burkett's feud with President Bush harkens back to an incident where Burkett applied for medical benefits he felt he was entitled to. The request was denied by the Guard Bureau, and Burkett blamed the denial on then Governor Bush...story and link below...

AUSTIN, Texas � A retired Texas National Guard official mentioned as a possible source for disputed documents about President Bush's service in the Guard said he passed along information to a former senator working with John Kerry's campaign.

Read the rest of the story here

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
Bill Burkett, a former Texas National Guardsman and longtime hater of President Bush,

If you can discredit debunkers for being "Freepers", you can discredit these documents because of this guy.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

A retired Texas National Guard official mentioned as a possible source for disputed documents about President Bush's service in the Guard said he passed along information to a former senator working with John Kerry's campaign.

Prosecute him.... him and the former senator working with Kerry's
campaign. Heck ... better check ol' 'Light of truth' John Kerry's
involvement while they are at it.

[edit on 9/20/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

A retired Texas National Guard official mentioned as a possible source for disputed documents about President Bush's service in the Guard said he passed along information to a former senator working with John Kerry's campaign.

Prosecute him.... him and the former senator working with Kerry's
campaign. Heck ... better check ol' 'Light of truth' John Kerry's
involvement while they are at it.

It would be a pretty interesting case to prosecute on the "evidence" (circumstantial as it is), but I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that court case. To help, I have a suggestion for RNC spokesman Jim Dyke since he's so positive this is linked to the Kerry campaign.

He should hire an attorney I've recently heard of that's quite good with this sort of thing, Harry W. MacDougald.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

It would be a pretty interesting case to prosecute on the "evidence" (circumstantial as it is), but I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that court case. To help, I have a suggestion for RNC spokesman Jim Dyke since he's so positive this is linked to the Kerry campaign.

He should hire an attorney I've recently heard of that's quite good with this sort of thing, Harry W. MacDougald.

Try actually reading the article...Burkett states in the email he sent that he contacted the Kerry campaign on the matter, speaking directly to Max Cleland who said he wanted to �counter attack�....hmmmmm......nope�.couldn�t be any complicity there, now could there????

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It would be a pretty interesting case to prosecute on the "evidence" (circumstantial as it is),

Burkett confessed. That's rather strong evidence.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It would be a pretty interesting case to prosecute on the "evidence" (circumstantial as it is),

Burkett confessed. That's rather strong evidence.

I just wonder how long it will take to prove he was the one who actually forged the documents. Hope he burned the hard drive he used, because if he didn't, they'll get him!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Try actually reading the article...Burkett states in the email he sent that he contacted the Kerry campaign on the matter, speaking directly to Max Cleland who said he wanted to �counter attack�....hmmmmm......nope�.couldn�t be any complicity there, now could there????

I did. Many times. Burkett hadn't admitted being the source in that article.

Has has since: CBS: We were Duped (Burkett Source)

Now you have something.
On Burkett.

But not on Max Cleland. Though Burkett says he gave a copy to Cleland now too, he's still the one that gave them to CBS, not anyone in the Kerry campaign.

That's the thing about being a source. You're the source. The fact he says he gave it to CBS after being blown off by the Kerry camp proves alot of things, but no complicity on Kerry's part.

I think CBS will have more Monday night. They're milking this big time. :shk:

Now if Burkett's proven the forger too, his head should roll. Not so much for fooling old fools in the news, but forging military docs.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Now if Burkett's proven the forger too, his head should roll. Not so much for fooling old fools in the news, but forging military docs.

That's what I'm talking about. Forging military documents, falsifying
signatures.... Congress was talking about having an investigation.
That costs millions of tax payer $$. Burkett is an idiot and he should
be prosecuted.

IF he actually did witness the destruction of documents about G.W.,
he blew it. He should have come forward as a witness instead of
'reorganizing' the files and forging documents. Now no one will
believe anything he says.

He says he gave them to the former sen. in the Kerry campaign
(that was on the TV news tonight). But 'giving them' to someone
in the Kerry campaign could just mean that he faxed them a copy
which doesn't mean anything. I bet the Kerry camp gets TONS of
faxes and phone messages and emails and they don't look at all
of them. How could they?