It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

occult,i need help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
hope this the correct forum , mods please move if need be

i`m having a hard time finding an old arabic book (circa 1300) called the picatrix. it is an ancient book of magick and astrology.
there has been a latin translation that has omitted a lot of info.,so there is where my problem starts.
anyone know of any correct arab to english translations of this book would be cool!
MacGregor Mathers supposedly penned a copy in english,but as of yet,i have not found one yet.
any help would be very kind!
thanx
peace

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
hope this the correct forum , mods please move if need be

i`m having a hard time finding an old arabic book (circa 1300) called the picatrix. it is an ancient book of magick and astrology.
there has been a latin translation that has omitted a lot of info.,so there is where my problem starts.
anyone know of any correct arab to english translations of this book would be cool!
MacGregor Mathers supposedly penned a copy in english,but as of yet,i have not found one yet.
any help would be very kind!
thanx
peace

Are you looking specifically for a version translated by this MacGregor Mathers, or just simply an English translation? If it is the latter, here are a few that I found after a quick search:

www.langtoninfo.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.ebay.com...-content

~V

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

thank you for your efforts,but i came up with the same results! $999 is alot of money for a book! although i have seen one posted for $1500!!!

i guess a publisher is what i am lo0oking for.
MacGregor is `supposed`to have published a translation in the late 1800`s
alistair crowley dismissed it as a fraud. but mathers was the head of the golden dawn,so i think there is something to this!
i have a soft spot for rare magickal grimoirs,so if you know of any,i would be happy to hear back!

thanx again for the help!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Can you explain more of what this book is?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

No worries, I am always happy to help. I will definitely keep my eyes and ears open for you. I have a friend or two that may be able to point me in the right direction, and if I find anything I will be sure to let you know.

~V

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

you are a saint! thank you (pun intended because of the subject matter!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

it is a book on arabian magick and astrology.
conjering demons and the like. perhaps along the lines of the key of solomon.
cerimonial magick.enochian magick.alchemy. book of enoch

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Haha. Oh, I do love a good pun. I hope that I am able to help you out after I do a little more searching. I am partial to apocrypha, myself. The Book of Enoch and Book of Jubilees are some of my favourites.

~V

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
wow im so interested in stuff like that. I just barely got into astral projection and been trying to do that but its been tough and difficult to even do! It feels pretty scary too i cant imagine even trying to conjure up a demon i think i wouldnt be able to stomach it....
but its very interesting wish i could do it all without having repercussions...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

ya just don`t wast yer time with the new testament,it has been corrupted by the romans and the english.
nag hammadi library by james m robinson is good along with the egyption book of the dead by wallace budge is excellent

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

please don`t get me wrong,i`m not a satanist(thats a christian thing!) i only have scholarly interest!!!
but i do have a magick circle my kids made for me out of stones in my back yard!

magick is neither good or evil. its man that decides!
karma dictates if you do good works,it comes back to you 3 fold
if you do bad works,it comes back 10 fold!
peace

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Vaehne

ya just don`t wast yer time with the new testament,it has been corrupted by the romans and the english.
nag hammadi library by james m robinson is good along with the egyption book of the dead by wallace budge is excellent

Oh, the Old Testament is my favourite of the two by far. I especially enjoy Genesis. I do have a copy of the Nag Hammadi Library and it is fantastic, as well as a few publications of the Gnostic Gospels. I am a Minister, so I pick up copies of anything I can in that area. ~_^

My personal library is in boxes at the moment due to a recent relocation, or I would list more titles for you.

~V

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

what faith do you minister to. i`m curious! i like christianity,i just don`t think much of christians!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Although I am indeed an ordained Minister, I do not label myself with any particular Church affiliation. I have searched for a very long time for a name to put to my beliefs, and I have always come away with nothing that is a proper match. I usually call myself Gnostic Luciferian just to have something to refer to myself as when someone inquires (although many simply call me a Satanist because they do not understand my beliefs when I try to explain them). My ultimate aim is knowledge above all else. It does not matter to me which religion the knowledge comes from, so long as it is truth.

~V

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

gnostic luciferian would therefore mean ènlightened light bearer` no!
you are a prefect are you.
i too believe the power of god is in one`s self.
jesus said the kingdom of heaven is here on earth,inside of you!
bob marley said mighty god is living man!
alister crowly said do what ye will be it the whole of the law. love is the law.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Indeed! There is something to be learned from everyone and everything, be it of the dark or of the light. Perhaps it is not a coincidence that your name is an anagram of Lucifer and mine of Heaven. ~_^

I believe that the world would be a better place if man would simply put the labels of religion aside and learn what they can from one another. Loving thy neighbour as thyself seems such a difficult concept for most to grasp these days. I accept others for what they are, no more and no less, and take from them what lessons that I can. It is quite a shame that most view me as a Satanist (to them, something evil), yet I feel that I am more 'Christian' in my views than any self-proclaimed Christian that I have met thus far.

Ah, I ramble.

~V
edit on 27/2/2012 by Vaehne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

It sounds like you are attempting to open a door that you
will not be able to close again.I would stay away from the
occult world,it is more addictive than drugs and harder to
escape from.
I know that some will flame me and I say go for it...

I can take the heat.

edit on 27-2-2012 by mamabeth because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

i`d rather rule in hell than to serve in heaven!!!
i`m sure we could have a wonderful conversation on the matter!

i`d like to learn your thoughts on celtic-nordic beliefs,and how the christians stole most of their symbols to convert the locals! (xmas tree,mistletoe,yule fire and the like)
if you don`t mind i`ll add you as a friend!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

True christians don't celebrate christmas,easter...they are all
pagan traditions.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

thanx for the concern!
the word is addictive by the way!

i have been studying magick since i was around 12,and i`m 45 this year! i`ve had the door open for quite a while now!
there is an old saying in magick-if you want to do the miracles of jesus,start by doing the works of jesus!
the church has done a good job at blinding the people of their abilities with it`s dogma.
all churches not just christian!
the art of religion is to follow god
the art of mystacism is being at one with god
the art of magick is realizing YOU are god!
peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join