It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Assasination attempt foiled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
en.rian.ru...

Ukrainian and Russian security services have gathered information about a plot to assassinate Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who is poised to be elected president on Sunday, the state-run Channel One reported on Monday.

The group of criminals involved were already on the international wanted list and were detained in the Ukrainian city of Odessa in early January, after they survived an explosion in a rented apartment. They had reportedly tried to produce a home-made explosive device.

The two men were arrested, while a third man, who was also in the apartment, died during the explosion, the TV channel said. According to the TV channel, after weeks of interrogation, the gang members confessed they were planning to assassinate Putin in Moscow, soon after the March 4 presidential elections.

One of the surviving militants, Ilya Pyanzin, said that the Chechen militant leader Doku Umarov, who is believed to be behind the deadliest terrorist attacks in Russia, hired him and the late Ruslan Madayev to kill Putin. Pyanzin and Madayev came from the United Arab Emirates via Turkey to Ukraine. In Odessa, they were met by a local fixer, Adam Osmayev, who was supposed to brief the militants about the plan and send them to Moscow.

The TV report, featuring Osmayev 's interrogation, says that the militant, who had been on the international wanted list since 2007, is cooperating with investigators, as he hopes not to be extradited to Russia. “The final task was to go to Moscow and carry out an assassination attempt on the premier Putin,” Osmayev said during questioning, adding that the late Madayev was ready to become a suicide bomber.

According to the assassination plan that was found in the militants’ laptop, they had to learn the structure of Putin’s security team and how his bodyguards worked, the TV report says. “The deadline was set up for the period after the presidential elections,” Osmayev said. Putin, who served as president from 2000 to 2008, is expected to return to the Kremlin for a third, non-consecutive term in office in elections on March 4.

Previous attempts:
2008 - www.abovetopsecret.com...
2007 - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Photos of those responsible:
lenta.ru...
Supporting article:
rt.com...

edit on 27/2/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Now who would have thought....such a nice guy too......
Chechnaya is gonna keep on comming back to bite russia in the ass.......
Its not over yet.
This is probably the most pressing problem the kremlin is gonna have to deal with,The Musliim populations....
this will either change the face of russia or give it an unending series of bloody noses.....
The future of russia depends on it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by corporation

What a truly fortunate coincidence for Putin.
Exactly what you would wish for to remind the people of the dangerous islamist threat.
Now everyone can see that Russia clearly needs a strong leader... and right on time for the upcomming elections!

edit on 27-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by corporation

What a truly fortunate coincidence for Putin.
Exactly what you would wish for to remind the people of the dangerous islamist threat.
Now everyone can see that Russia clearly needs a strong leader... and right on time for the upcomming elections!

Or is this a ploy to get Russia to realize how bad Muslims are and in turn give up it's support for Syria and/or Iran???

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Yeah, I thought about that too, but Russia wants to hang on to Syria's access to the mediterranean sea, no matter how bad Muslims are. I think this is about the elections.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
How is this thread so quiet??

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
How is this thread so quiet??

Indeed - LOUD NOISES - that should gather some attention.

Sounds like a load of propaganda for that weasel Putin!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
And yet again this is from the Chechens...

Remember that in 2000, just before the elections, the ``Chechens`` blew up several apartment buildings, leading Putin to a victory.

I call BS on the whole thing.

This is as real as Hillary ``dodging bullets`` in Serbia.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Putin Assasination attempt foiled

While I am by no means a fan of this egotistical moron, I have never really much cared for assassination as a means of regime change. As bad as politics already is, this kind of action makes it worse and can lead to wars and horrible cultural ramifications for decades, if not even centuries.

NOTE: JFK is but one example of how such an event can skew the course of an entire nation and embitter its people for generations.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

JFK is but one example of how such an event can skew the course of an entire nation and embitter its people for generations.

Sure, that's just your opinion... make sure you caveat that appropriately. Wouldn't want anyone to think you believed something.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

JFK is but one example of how such an event can skew the course of an entire nation and embitter its people for generations.

Sure, that's just your opinion... make sure you caveat that appropriately. Wouldn't want anyone to think you believed something.

Ah... I see you have taken up stalking, lol.

Almost as good as a second cup of coffee...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I'd care about your post, but I know it's neither true or false. You don't belief in truth, so certainly this is all just a game for you...
edit on 27-2-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

I'd care about your post, but I know it's neither true or false.

Now that just makes me want to cry. You really do know how to hurt a guy's feelings, don't you?

No more nice guy. If you want a smiley face at the end of my comments from now on, you're gonna have to ask nicely...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They probably don't like the fact that he backs Iran, could be western powers meddling again.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I'm not sure you'd ever believe he was smiling... it's just an opinion what a smile is anyway..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There could be another reason,about a month ago i read that Putin issued an international arrest warrant for George Soros.
I don't know if it's true,but when i read the news this morning it was the first thing that came to mind.

nesaranews.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Shame they didn't get him.

Ahwell theres always next year.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I see this so called assassination attempt as nothing more that a super power political leader using the same NWO false flag techniques of disinformation and thought manipulation by contriving an attempt on his life just at a time when Russians are getting ready to vote.

How convenient and in such circumstances, I always look to see to who benefits.

Some already call it a sympathy play for votes, but it is also a clear example that if you need an incident to make you look like a victim, then you do like the great FBI does all the time and go out and hire some terrorist wannabees, fund them, train them, support them and legally protect them right up until they are about to do what they have been paid to do and then amazingly, a terrorist crime has been prevented. Chalk one up for the great FBI and all the billions of dollars of money spent on anti-terrorism.

Well, Putin is no better and no different. In fact, it looks so much like the FBI did it, I wouldn't be surprised if Putin outsourced his terrorist and got what only the best money could buy. Yeah right.

Anyone who buys this dribble and disinformation about a real threat or a real assassination attempt on Putin is still too naive to know any better.

On the real side of life, had Putin actually been shot or severely injured in some real assassination attempt, then and only then would I begin to believe that Putin was actually attacked with intent to be killed by real terrorist.

If corrupt career political criminals are allowed to exist and create convenient problems so they can provide the solutions, then this type of contrived political theatrics will only be believed by the sleeping sheeple that still believe what they are told by media sources and government sources.

I say this whole event is nothing but a contrived event where Putin benefits from the sympathies that it will generate among Russians about to vote. The sympathy is of course only for the safety of their great so called legally elected leader called Putin the great.

Then, after such a lame attempt on his life, Putin and crowd will sell the nation on a vote for Putin is a vote for all of Russia, free from such type terrorist attacks. Vote Putin and save Russia.

Thanks for the thread, but in my opinion, entirely too many people actually believe this media disinformation and it really sticks out like an elephant in the living room.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
They probably don't like the fact that he backs Iran, could be western powers meddling again.

aint no could be

that is right on the money

if he gets offed and muzzies get the blame then Iran is screwed completely

But alas,,,,,,people will go with the official candy coated bs as usual and ask for proof

well, where is their proof other than the controlled media

ask yourself this

who is today"s boogie man
and
what were the exact triggers for ww1 and ww2 and you'll see why this is effin alarming and not just a bs russian election ploy

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienorgy

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

aint no could be

that is right on the money

if he gets offed and muzzies get the blame then Iran is screwed completely

But alas,,,,,,people will go with the official candy coated bs as usual and ask for proof

well, where is their proof other than the controlled media

ask yourself this

who is today"s boogie man
and
what were the exact triggers for ww1 and ww2 and you'll see why this is effin alarming and not just a bs russian election ploy

Totally agree
Out of interest does anyone know if NATO is in Chechnya ?
We all know how the UK and US simply love their covert wars

Someone's posted
"Or is this a ploy to get Russia to realize how bad Muslims are"
Sorry to say this but you need to learn a little history

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join