It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Nukes... Should the World Allow Madmen Such Power?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is a simplified analogy, but it is appropriate none-the-less.

A madman stands on the corner of your neighborhood home property. He is wielding a dangerous weapon. He shouts for the destruction of your neighbor and perhaps YOU. Should business continue as usual? Should school children wait at the bus stop next to this madman as if nothing were happening? Should the paperboy bike by and toss his newspaper as if the madman weren't there? Should "normal" happy people take a stroll across their lawns, across the street to the park as if this dangerous madman did not exist?

The "madman" analogy is, of course, a comparison to the leader(s) of Iran. The Iranian people are most likely just like us: they don't want war, bloodshed, etc. The leaders, however, are crazy for calling for the destruction of Israel while developing weaponized nuclear technology.

The question is: should the world allow madmen to develop nukes while calling for warfare? Should (in the analogy) people allow a madman to wield a weapon in a suburban neighborhood? Where is the line? When should good people take action to PREVENT a hostile agent from killing someone?

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
there are already mad men with them, yet no one invades them.

I still say, where is the proof they want nukes

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Israel has nukes. In their history they have bombed the king david hotel, got caught planting bombs on american targets in the lavon affair, bombed a US ship for 2 hours even gunning the lifeboats, had a spy steal lots of crap from the US, had 5 israeli's get arrested for doing god knows what on 911.

Iran has done.... zero to the United States. The madmen already have the nukes.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Double Post.
edit on 27-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is my favorite game
Its called "cherry pick the truth"

We believe Iran wants to wipe out Israel
We don't believe they arnt making nukes.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

CIA propaganda

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Public opinion seems very much against war.
No one wants war.
The fact that WE LIVE IN REALITY (while others are living on mars or zarkfarp land)
and face very real life or death situations includes
war. Tough decisions have to be made for the greater good of man
and the safety of our planet. People hide their head in the sand
and live in these fantasy worlds where everyone gets along,
lions lay with lambs, world wide peace utopia, UNICORNS exists.
Back on ground, a threat not seen since Hitler exists and exists in Iran

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
No one wants war.
The fact that WE LIVE IN REALITY (while others are living on mars or zarkfarp land)

Are you trolling or just normally this sensational? lol

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"good fences make good neighbors" Robert Frost.

What the hell is wrong with everyone around here?

I hope the big bully aspect is working for you in life. We have nukes, its our ace in the sleeve. You mess with us... heh... ur gettin nuked. Once the bullied kid gets the nukes, oh wait! Oh no! We should be scared.

Why?

Because we've been bullying them the whole time. You gotta watch out for that small kid in the playground that will knock the crap outta ya.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Question is who is the madman here. I think it is the fear, hate and warmongering member on ATS.

They don't have a bomb and they don't build one.

U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

www.nytimes.com...

Speaking of madmen. There are lots of them at the top of the Zionist regime and US / European regimes that all have nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
OP, who's the real madman?
Iran? Israel? North Korea? U.S.?

A lot of events have had me reviewing prior 'history' and something stinks
What's the real reason behind the actions of the U.S., Israel, Iran, Russia, China, etc.?

You've already made it clear that you've accepted that Iran is the 'bad guy' or the 'madman'

These days, once you start pointing fingers, it turns into a game of hot potato real fast.
Arguably, our hands aren't cleaner than anyone else's
edit on 27-2-2012 by bojimbo because: misspelling

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Mad men have always wielded power just look at History but I'm afraid the man you refer to is not a Mad Man however, if you look at the Mad Men who do have weapons of Mass Destruction there's only one that's ever used them.

But hey who ever learned from History.

Oh and by the way Mass Destruction means just that - not something you want to go hoping for.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
No one wants war.

Wait...are you saying Unicorns don't exist?

How can anyone see the 2 sides of the coin when AIPAC got their dirty fingers in western MSM lobbying their agenda...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Sorry who is the mad man... The US has just instigated two illegal wars and killed between 1-2 million civilians for money, power and oil and the US is the only country to use such a device. They also used Depleted Uranium in Iraq and deformed babies are still being born. Some are born like lumps of jelly.

Isreal has more nuclear weapons than the UK now. Iran has not attacked a country in over a hundred years. The war hawks are flying around her. If I was Iran I would want nuclear wepons..

The funny thing. Iran does not have nuclear weapons. The US military has just admitted this. Sofar they are in remit of the nuclear proliferation treaty. They are the most advanced Arab nation in the middle east. Have a culture that goes back thousands of years... and you want to attack them for what..?

The reason everyone is jumping on the attack Iran bandwagon is because you are eating the propaganda being fed to you from the MSM. Think for yourself and see the wider picture instead of spreading lies and disinformation.

Iran is being attacked so that the Rothchilds can installs a central banking system. Just like they did in Iraq and Libya. There are only a few countries in the world that do not have there central bank.. Guess who.. Cuba and North Korea.

Stop eating propoganda. They lied to you about Iraq they are lying about Iran.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
lol really, this is a serious post or what?

switch to decaf or something, iran poses 0 threat to america.

nuke or no nuke.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Someone said that Iran has not attacked a country in over a 100 years. Maybe I'm incorrect, but I do believe they attacked Iraq during the 1980s Iran/Iraq war. Is this incorrect? I think they did attack Iraq. And, their leaders now call for the destruction of Israel in public addresses and televised comments. Madmen calling for more war in a war-torn region. War will come to those who shout loudly enough for the destruction of anyone or any country. Focus deterines reality, and it seems the leaders of Iran are focused on nuclear power and the destruction of another country, let alone the West.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here's a better analogy for you:

4 Kids are circling 1 single kid. The 4 kids have guns and knives, but the 1 kid in the middle only has a knife.
The 4 kids surrounding start threatening the 1 kid in the middle.
The 1 kid in the middle wants a gun, but according to the other kids he's "not allowed to", and block any tries he makes to obtain one.

So, what you're basically saying is the kid in the middle is the bad guy.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No one should have such power.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

NO, Iraq invaded Iran (with our go-ahead of course), and Iran defended itself.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Do you think the only country that has many unknown underground bunkers where their respective governments can hide and continue on in the event of an attack is the Unites States?

The only thing a war is going to do is kill innocents while they sit in an underground complex. Essentially ensuring they build a weapon for retaliation.

Will you be one of the guys justifying why we need to go after Russia and China next? Believe me, if Iran goes down, the world isn't going to become a paradise completely devoid of all hate and war. There will always be a next target.

Its a cycle most people are tired of. I really don't know how anyone is going with the same program anymore. Time to change the channel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join